“I expected more from a high end NYC hotel”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #377 of 467 Hotels in New York City
HOLBROOK
“I expected more from a high end NYC hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The staff was polite the room was a bit small and the walls are thin I had to call front desk because people,next door were fighting and I needed to get up,in the morning for my second round of chemo , so I really need my rest security came but never resolved issue.the bathroom is disgusting it has mold around the floor of the tub and the sink is as well rusty and disgusting

Room Tip: Ask when room was last updated as well as bathroom
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
It’s unfortunate to hear that your recent stay with us was not as comfortable as you would have liked it to be. We want nothing more but to provide our guests with the best service possible and a comfortable stay throughout. I would like to further investigate the concerns you've mentioned. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you.

Emily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location, great atmosphere, great bar and free wifi...

Restaurant didn't live up to the rest of the stay and we were charged 10$ for leaving our luggage for a few hours after CO.

I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Paramount Hotel near Times Square, NYC is really a good choice for both Business & Personal Trips.

This Hotel Room prices are slightly low when compared to other Hotels close by to Times Square.

You would definitely like the ambiance and design of the Hotel lobby with gloomy lighting and Fire Strips during evening times.

Hotel staff are much co-operative and understands the customer needs. There was an instance, I had requested for room change for front side view and the staff simply checked for availability and changed with a Great Smile!

Especially, just opposite to the Hotel you can find Richard Rodgers Theatre for Best Plays.

Room Tip: Rooms towards front side view are best than others. Choose wisely.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vamsi N
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were accommodated with a different room as requested based on you preference. We are service focused and enjoy seeing our guests walk away with a smile. We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you’re in New York City.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night only. The hotel is very nice and the reception area is actually rather impressive. I did not have any particular issue during my stay however, it's just overly priced for what you get:

- check in took me half hour, despite the fact that there were at least 5 staff members that were doing nothing and just chatting amongst themselves;
- the room was tiny. I mean, really, really, really small. I also heard some other guests complaining about this as I was in the line waiting to complete the check-in.
- Almost not enough space to open the suitcase. And no space at all to hang my clothes
- In the middle of the night, I was awaken by a very loud noise: one of the curtains just fell off
- bar drinks were incredibly expensive (even for NY standard, believe me!).
- there is no quite area to have a business chat, unless you are willing to rent out one of the meeting / quite spaces on the first floor. I'd actually have been willing to pay for that but they only rent those out for a full day (I only needed it for 2 hours).
- parking was 56 USD for the night.

All in all, I don't think I will stay here again. There are several other hotels that offer you more within the same price range.

Room Tip: Make sure you inquire about the size of the room prior to booking. Especially if you are not travell...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zibbu
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. We value each of our guests always seek to ensure they have a pleasant stay with us. Our staff and management team are always available to assist in creating a comfortable and memorable experience for each of our guests. We apologize that you were unhappy with the size of the room. There are several different room sizes throughout the hotel which we are happy to assist in providing an upgrade to, based on our availability. We never want our guests to feel like displeased with their overall experience. If you wish to give us a second chance please do not hesitate to reach out to me at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com and I would be more than happy to assist in making your stay an enjoyable experience.

Best Regards,

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Castries, St. Lucia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I had two nights in a single room. The room size is to be expected for this city, but it was clean and comfortable. The hotel atmosphere is very funky and the lobby had a good atmosphere with the fire and collection of sofas. staff were friendly and helpful at all times, even on a 3am checkin. The tv was a nice touch and the safe fit my 15" laptop and everything else.

I wish i could have stayed longer, but alas it was a fleeting visit. The Paramount gave me The most convenient location i could have imagined and i am so glad i got to stay there. I hope to return one day

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ScubaRobbie
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy the hotel, the staff, the room and the atmosphere of the lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in New York City.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a business trip and the location suited me. For a holiday, I would stay in another part of Manhattan.

The room was small, but perfect for what I needed, and clean. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly expensive - not sure if it was standard NYC prices, but I would not order it again. Staff were very friendly at check-in and check-out. I would stay here again if in NYC on business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GT-MPB
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Love the location and we stayed in a the king suite that was perfect for our weekend in New York. All the staff was attentive and very friendly. Guest service manager Ryan Kisner was wonderful in helping us get reservations at some great restaurants. I have stayed there in the past and was suprised to see the restaurant now on the main floor where we ate a great Breakfast each day...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your 5 star comment with us! We are pleased to hear that your stay was perfect and that Ryan was able to assist you with your needs. Ryan is great and we are so pleased to have him part of our team! It’s wonderful to hear that you had a chance to enjoy breakfast in our newly renovated restaurant. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.