“Returning guests”

Ranked #377 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Norway
“Returning guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our third time at this hotel. Our room was not large, but had enough space for a family of three. Though the room looked like it had been recently refurnished, the bathroom was a bit old and could need some upgrading. Everything was clean and in order. Common areas are modern and stylish. All in all, if you want to be in this part of the town, this is a good choice at a reasonable price (given NYC prices). Probably not your best option if you like classic decor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and being a loyal guest to our hotel. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our team so that we can continue to work on providing our guests with the best services and experience during their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Emily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice hotel.Value for money.Inside town town.
Clean room.Nice breakfast.Cinema and nightlife are very close to the hotel.I cant find anything bad to say about .I am pretty sure that i will stay again there!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for you wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and that you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast options. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next NYC visit.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked this hotel for Memorial day weekend. I got up to my room and it was very dirty. There was an unidentifiable piece of trash on the rug that looked like someone tracked it in off the street, the tub was pretty dirty, and the paint was peeling off the walls. There was also a radiator/heater placed less than 6 inches in front of the toilet making it impossible to use. I went down and complained immediately and asked for another room but they claimed they didn't have anymore. They also didn't seem to understand why having a radiator so close to the toilet you couldn't use it was a problem. They refused to help me and suggested I contact expedia (i booked room through them) I sat on the phone for over an hour constantly being put on hold missing the first half of a broadway show i got tickets for. Expedia then called the hotel and magically they had another room available but i wouldn't be able to get in until after 9 pm. I was absolutely fed up at that point and demanded a refund. I ended up staying at another fantastic hotel that totally saved my trip. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone because of the bad customer service and the cleanliness of the room i received.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ally L
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Please allow me to sincerely apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. Our hotel has several different sized rooms throughout and I apologize there wasn’t one available sooner in the day. Sometimes guests arrange a late check-out for the evening which can cause delays with any room changes. Regardless of the situation this does not justify your customer service experience which we hold to high standards. Please be assured that your detailed experience has been shared with our team ensure corrective measures are taken and that this is not a repeat occurrence for future guests. Should your travels find you back in NYC please do not hesitate to contact me and allow us the opportunity to wow you.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Horrible from the time I checked in right until I left a night early. My fiancée spoke to a manager mike and asked for an upgrade because the 1st room was like a tomb, you could actually touch wall to wall with your arms, sure no problem he also reminded him to please move his luggage to the new room once again no problem. I arrive at the hotel go to the desk give his name and its the same room, so I ask her to please check and I was told in a snotty tone no there is no upgrade, ok fine can you upgrade me, she says again with attitude I don't know what's available so now she finds another room ( not that much bigger) and I ask her if someone can bring his luggage to the new room ... Oh no you have to get it yourself and make sure you bring he key right back or you will be charged ( really) i bring my stuff upstairs get his stuff bring key back down go back to room there are 2 pillows and 2 towels called housekeeping still waiting for more of both.
So it's Sunday and I am done and call down for my car ( which states on the ticket to call 30 min before you are ready) i dial 0 the person at the desk tells me I need a ticket I say I have one and shocker in a nasty tone tells me oh you don't get it I'll have someone else call u back and just hangs up, now a woman calls and says oh well that 30 min policy is for when we are busy, and how am I suppose to know when the valet is busy, finally I get my car and get out of there. It stinks the hotel could of made a lot of money my fiancée and 4 others men are doing a big project for the next 6-8 months and will be staying in the city at least 3-4 nights a week oh well there loss ..... Thank god there are so many other options with decent customer service and bell people

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lisasF36OS
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We take great pride in providing our guests with the best customer service possible. It’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. Your experience is not indicative of the service we seek to provide to each of our guests. I would like to further investigate your concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com with the full name on the reservation, the dates of our stay and TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving your concerns.

Bedford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is my 4th stay at the W46th St. Paramount Hotel in the heart of Times Square. My very first was also my very first NYC adventure in 2010. So perhaps I was just glamoured & enamoured with the whole trip, the Paramount stay just being one component. But...nope. 3 stays later & it is definitely my favorite hotel of all hotels. Having been to NYC now going on 10 times...I've stayed at various other Times Square and other Manhattan establishments - depending on the flavor of the trip. I will always go back to the Paramount whenever possible. For a Broadway theatre junkie such as myself - located b/w 7th & 8th on 46th is the most perfect pit stop for all Broadway theatres...a few blocks west...or east...soooo convenient! But locale aside - it's the funky monkey common areas with extroardinary decor, and all of the fun extras; Tony's pop up shop was next door; Love Is Louder now takes that spot..and the ueber risque Queen of the Night club downstairs is on my list. Great coffee shop attached for breakfast on the go...The rooms are clean and crisp and minimalist but perfect for our purposes. The rooms aren't enormous..but hey..you are off Times Square in NYC at a boutique hotel. Love it all! Staff is always accomodating. Location!Location!Location! But so much more. See ya next time!

Room Tip: Some don't have tubs...not an issue normally - except if you are with someone who baths instead...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank janeramma
Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us and being a loyal guest to our hotel. We’re glad to hear our hotel and location has all you need to enjoy your NYC visits! We’re also pleased to hear you have taken advantage of visiting the pop-up shop and coffee shop during your visits. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future as you enjoy the Queen of the Night in the Diamond Horseshoe.

Kind Regards,
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just come back from America. We stayed at the paramount for 3 nights with 2 teenage boys myself and husband. We had one room 2 double beds. Plenty of room , clean and ideal for our stay as we were only there to sleep. Cafe downstairs set us up for the day ,coffee and a muffin lovely. We were given free wifi in the room but not in the reception area seemed a little strange but worked for us.
Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank _97archie
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful 5 star experience with us. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in NYC. Our two double bed rooms are a hot commodity and we’re happy to hear you enjoyed the room. We’re happy to hear you had an opportunity to experience our conveniently located coffee shop during your stay. We apologize for the inconveniences with the Wi-Fi in the lobby. If you were provided an access code that was included in your reservation, the same access code could have been used in the lobby as well. I apologize for any confusion. Your feedback has been shared with the team to ensure proper explanation is provided to future guest. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you’re in NYC!

Kind Regards,
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

To be honest this is one of the closest hotels to Times Square. Stay here if you can get a super cheap rate. While the rooms are pretty clean, they are unusually small. Even the king suites are very tiny. I found all of the staff to be fairly pleasant.

I really thought the maids did an excellent job with the cleaning day to day. However the bellman at the front do not open doors very often. They are just standing there. I'm not sure why they are there as they mainly just say hello and goodbye. Nobody checks to see that people going into the hotel and in the elevators are actual hotel guests. I saw this happen once in my eight day stay. In a bigger hotel like this normally you have to show a room key to be allowed up in the elevators.

This is not the type of hotel you want to be in for more than a couple of days. It is great for something like a weekend getaway, but you really can't have a lot of luggage. Both the bathrooms and closet are crazy small. It would be really hard for anybody with more than one suitcase to stay in a room. Two people with full size luggage would not be able to open both pieces of luggage on the floor. The only way to fix this problem is to significantly renovate the entire hotel which isn't going to happen. Everything inside appears to be quite modern and clean.

Immediately outside of the front doors there is a terrible terrible smell every single day. I think there is a lot of public urination occurring outside these doors and it is not cleaned up. I'm sure the hotel could wash the front area was some sort of chemical. To combat the odours outside the hotel does have other fragrances sprayed in the lobby once you get in. I appreciated this change in smell. If you have allergies or any asthma problems this is not a great hotel for you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travelleteacher
Please allow me to apologize that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. Please be advised that we have several different sized rooms throughout the hotel and our staff is always available to assist in accommodating your preferences. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests. The side walk in the front and on the sides of our hotel is washed each morning by our dedicated staff. We have security presence in our lobby daily to ensure the safety and security of our guests. In the evenings there is a key check in order to enter the hotel after 8pm. It’s truly disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the management team and any necessary measures will be taken to ensure a positive experience for future guests. Should your travels find you back in New York City, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to welcome you back and regain your trust in the future.

Emily R.