“Good room, location, and service!”

Park Central Hotel New York
Ranked #267 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Oakland, Ca
“Good room, location, and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent 7 nights at Park Central; very nice room and excellent service from beginning to end. Rooms were spacious and quiet though right in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Service was excellent, particularly the housekeeping staff who quickly and thoroughly changed sheets and cleaned up after each of my two eight year old twins vomited several times on back to back days. Didn't eat there (a little pricy), but there is an excellent coffee shop next door and several good restaurants within a couple of blocks. Carnegie Hall was across the street, Central Park two blocks away, and a subway station at the end of the block. Would go back again; Recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room with two queens for ourselves and oldest grandchild. Next door, our daughter and the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mthardie,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience. I am delighted to hear you were provided with excellent service during your stay. All of your feedback has been shared with our Team Members, so we can celebrate our achievements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the perfect location to base yourself in NY to tick off lots of tourist things. The room was very spacious for NY. The bathroom was nice and clean and came with a hair dryer. Bed was comfortable and air conditioning was not too loud. Staff were very friendly, they recommend places to eat and things to do. If you are in NY for over a week, I would recommend staying here, but then maybe somewhere else like Soho just to experience another vibe.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Tara L,

Thank you kindly for your rave review and recommendation. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central on your next NYC adventure.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great location!!! In between Central Park and Times Square! It just felt like we were a couple of steps away from Times Square. I don't even know what view we had, but we didn't care as we spent very minimal time in the room. Service was great & they were helpful. Rooms were very clean & spacious enough for 3 people. Elevator statement was great. Just press your floor number & it caters to the number of people in it. No complaints and I was quite pleased! Booked our room through the hotel website itself and got it at discounted price. Of course we planned and mapped out our trip before hand so the transit and traveling was quite good! I would definitely go back here for sure.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank npat80
Dear Npat80,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed our perfect location, helpful service and spacious guestrooms. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Another hotel with a priceline price, and low expectations. And again, I was wrong. Yes the hotel is huge, and it is a favourite with tourists. Yes the location is really touristy, nothing like the East Village. Although being two blocks from Central Park is not bad at all.

But the king room, was by a mile, the best one I have ever stayed in NY (and a top 5 anywhere). The room is brand new, huge, larger than a lot of NY flats. It has a sleeping area (very good mattress), a separate siting are with a huge TV, a small entrance hall with closet and a very large bathroom. Not all rooms are as big as this one. I have no idea if I was lucky, or if this is what most king rooms look like. As a tip, mine was 1157.

It was really a pleasure to go back to the room after a day of work or running in the park, sit in the sofa, and watch a World Cup match. It did not feel like a cramped hotel at all. It felt like home.

Room Tip: In any hotel you are, if you want to know if you are at the best room, look at the fire escape plan...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcn_uk
Dear jcn_uk,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear our newly renovated guestroom provided an outstanding stay for you! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

There seems to be a lot of good reviews about this hotel but I didn't care for it at all...here's why: the rooms themselves were ok...modern furnishings but could really use a good cleaning. All around the edges of the carpets were full of dust. I mean could housekeeping vacuum a little better with a smaller vacuum connector? It's just plain lazy to see that the carpet areas against the walls are dusty...gives you a sense that the rooms are just not that clean.
The entire hotel which has 26 or 28 floors (I forget) has all but 2 elevators in which one of them was not working some of the time I was there.

The lobby bathrooms near the bar were filthy and disgusting. I have never seen a lobby bathroom that gross...especially for a 4 star hotel.

Lastly...please don't go to the bar...when my colleagues and I went there for a drink one of the nights...we all sat there and felt itchy. Perhaps not bed bugs but certainly a lot of dust mites. At first I thought it was just me being paranoid but then I started seeing my coworkers also scratching all over, it confirmed it...the place is just really really dirty.

New York is not a clean city...but hotels really need to hire and train their staff to upkeep and make guests feel comfortable away from home. I will not stay here again and will be telling my firm not to send anyone to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank snowglobish
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Snowglobish,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am very disheartened to hear of your disappointment with the cleanliness of our hotel, and I can assure you that your experience is not a reflection of our high standards. I take all of your allegations very seriously, and this is certainly not representative of the standards we uphold at our hotel.

I would like to point out, that here at Park Central we have 18 Floors and 4 elevators located in our brand new lobby. We have 2 elevators for our lower level floors and 2 elevators for our higher level floors.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Any person traveling to New York whether for business or leisure should stay at Park Central, the location couldn't possibly be better. I loved every aspect of my stay, the room was spacious and very modern and as for hotel staff they were extremely accommodating and friendly (in particular Elizabeth Cacovic). I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you and I cannot wait to come back to the hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear DMK16,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and clearly shows us that your escape with us was a memorable one; your feedback gives us a chance to celebrate our team members, and we will not neglect to put Elizabeth, our wonderful Guest Relations Manager in the spotlight. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central again soon.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed four nights as a couple with teenage children in a second room. Despite what we had read previously Reception check in went smoothly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We did not like our first room as it overlooked a central courtyard that was full of air-conditioning units so we asked to move. I think it was Laura who handled our query and had us moved to a higher floor with a better outlook within about 10 minutes. Room decoration is very nice, modern and clean. Couple of little things like no loo brush or loo extractor. Our first night was a bit of a challenge as our air conditioning unit was so noisy and we had been up for 25 hours straight and wanted to get to sleep. We called down about 5 times and eventually a maintenance guy turned up. There was no hotel information guide in our room, if there had been we would not have had to make as many calls during our stay as the information would have been to hand. (in fact there was a book in my sons room) The air conditioning problem was just that the fan was up too high and was fixed very quickly, we could have done that yourself with an info book. One big tip is take a flashlight with you. It is impossible to see the safe deposit box numbers in the dark wardrobe, especially as the box is turned to the side. We had to keep moving the room light into the wardrobe. In my son's room they had a wall in wardrobe and their safe was in pitch blackness at the back so impossible to use. If you want a bath leave yourself plenty of time as it takes about 20 minutes to fill so we stuck with the showers. Lots of hot water though at any time.
There are no shower hats provided just the shampoo, body lotion and body wash. Plus soap. The rail in the wardrobe is in danger of collapsing as there is no centre support, I called to warn them a couple of times. When the maintenance man came about our aircon on the first night he said the wardrobe doors had come off of the runners and said they were a bad design. We had not noticed. The TV is huge in the room and we had good wifi connection on the 9th floor but my son on the 6th could not connect.
There are only 2 lifts. We were lucky and only had a couple of times with a long wait but at times on the ground floor we could see big queues with suitcases waiting for lifts. Also on the ground floor the reception lacks seats. In total only 4 benches so had to stand for quite a long time when we were checking out and waiting for our car. Plenty of room to put some more comfortable seating.
As mentioned in other posts there is no fridge or kettle facilities in the room. The downstairs grab and go shop is great, nice coffee, lots of choice of pastries and snacks. We did not have breakfast in the hotel as we had read it was expensive and instead went to the restaurant across the road everyday. This hotel is surrounded by restaurants, lovely steakhouse next door and an Italian which had nice food but awful service.
On our last day one of the children was very sick and so we asked to stay on in the room until our car came at 3.30 They charge half a night rate for the 3.5 hours. The porters/bell men could do with better customer skills. In the 5 days we were there they never once said good morning or engaged us when we passed them, but perhaps that's New York.
Locations wise this hotel is great. 5 minutes to walk to Central Park, 10 minutes walk to Times Square and 42nd Street. Dozens of restaurants and close to theatres. Overall we had a lovely time here. The beds were amazing

Room Tip: End of corridor rooms are much quieter. Street front is noisy but windows to the side are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Thinkgroup,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed our friendly staff, central location and comfortable guestrooms. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay. We appreciate and value all of your feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.