I told my grandchildren the summer they turned 12 I would take them anywhere in the world. My third grandchild to turn 12 is a baseball fan and he choose a baseball journey. In addition his mother was turning 40 this year, so we pulled out all the stops. My husband choose Park Central because of the location. He specifically choose a a corner room with windows on two sides for our daughter, grandson and son-in-law so that they would have a view of Time Square.Of course this room cost extra. What a mistake that was.
Where to begin? We did not have dial tones on the phone in either of the two rooms we rented. We were able to make phone calls out. The air conditioning in the corner room would go to 65 and then click off. The room was hot and muggy and smelled of mold. The bathroom fixtures were coming off and there was mold behind each of the fixtures. My daughter had to stuff a wash rag down the bathtub drain to hold in the bath water (the plug did not work), Air conditioning in the hall way outside our room also was not working.
One of the two elevators was not operable while we were there and there was often 12-15 people with all their luggage in line to get on the elevator. It took forever.
We understand that things happen and machinery breaks down. What was most frustrating about this hotel was the lack of response that we received when we contacted them. They stationed a young employee in the lobby who dutifully wrote down the long list of complaints. No response. We then wrote two emails and did not receive a response from either of them. No word at all from customer service.
The only good thing I have to say is that the linen was good. Avoid this place folks. They have a lot to learn about customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Central hotel New York in the world's greatest city, steps from Central Park, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. The Park Central is at the top of the list of Midtown Manhattan hotels for business and leisure travel. Surround yourself with the classic attractions of the Big Apple, museums, dining, & beyond. With spacious accommodations this Midtown New York City hotel invites you to discover the convenience of our landmark setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Central Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Central Hotel New York City
- Park Central New York Hotel
- Park Central New York City
- Park Central Ny Hotel