“Lovely hotel in a great location!”

Park Central Hotel New York
Ranked #259 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely hotel in a great location!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Beautiful newly renovated hotel with spacious rooms & in a great location. Two blocks away from Central Park & a short walk to Time Square. Elizabeth the Guest Relations Manager was so lovely & so helpful in catering to our needs. She made our stay there very special. Have stayed there before & will definitely stay there again. Can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Lina l,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed our beautiful guestrooms and perfect location. Your kind words have been shared with Elizabeth, our wonderful Guest Relations Manager. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Cloverdale, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I told my grandchildren the summer they turned 12 I would take them anywhere in the world. My third grandchild to turn 12 is a baseball fan and he choose a baseball journey. In addition his mother was turning 40 this year, so we pulled out all the stops. My husband choose Park Central because of the location. He specifically choose a a corner room with windows on two sides for our daughter, grandson and son-in-law so that they would have a view of Time Square.Of course this room cost extra. What a mistake that was.

Where to begin? We did not have dial tones on the phone in either of the two rooms we rented. We were able to make phone calls out. The air conditioning in the corner room would go to 65 and then click off. The room was hot and muggy and smelled of mold. The bathroom fixtures were coming off and there was mold behind each of the fixtures. My daughter had to stuff a wash rag down the bathtub drain to hold in the bath water (the plug did not work), Air conditioning in the hall way outside our room also was not working.

One of the two elevators was not operable while we were there and there was often 12-15 people with all their luggage in line to get on the elevator. It took forever.

We understand that things happen and machinery breaks down. What was most frustrating about this hotel was the lack of response that we received when we contacted them. They stationed a young employee in the lobby who dutifully wrote down the long list of complaints. No response. We then wrote two emails and did not receive a response from either of them. No word at all from customer service.

The only good thing I have to say is that the linen was good. Avoid this place folks. They have a lot to learn about customer service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank millie532
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Millie532,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service, and to see we failed to provide you with a pleasant stay, excellent customer service, and also neglected to follow up with you is extremely troubling. All of your feedback has been shared with our Department Heads, so we can immediately address these issues with our Team Members. Thank you again for providing us with your valuable feedback. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central and show you a truly memorable experience.

Oakland, Ca
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent 7 nights at Park Central; very nice room and excellent service from beginning to end. Rooms were spacious and quiet though right in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Service was excellent, particularly the housekeeping staff who quickly and thoroughly changed sheets and cleaned up after each of my two eight year old twins vomited several times on back to back days. Didn't eat there (a little pricy), but there is an excellent coffee shop next door and several good restaurants within a couple of blocks. Carnegie Hall was across the street, Central Park two blocks away, and a subway station at the end of the block. Would go back again; Recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room with two queens for ourselves and oldest grandchild. Next door, our daughter and the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mthardie,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience. I am delighted to hear you were provided with excellent service during your stay. All of your feedback has been shared with our Team Members, so we can celebrate our achievements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the perfect location to base yourself in NY to tick off lots of tourist things. The room was very spacious for NY. The bathroom was nice and clean and came with a hair dryer. Bed was comfortable and air conditioning was not too loud. Staff were very friendly, they recommend places to eat and things to do. If you are in NY for over a week, I would recommend staying here, but then maybe somewhere else like Soho just to experience another vibe.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Tara L,

Thank you kindly for your rave review and recommendation. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central on your next NYC adventure.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great location!!! In between Central Park and Times Square! It just felt like we were a couple of steps away from Times Square. I don't even know what view we had, but we didn't care as we spent very minimal time in the room. Service was great & they were helpful. Rooms were very clean & spacious enough for 3 people. Elevator statement was great. Just press your floor number & it caters to the number of people in it. No complaints and I was quite pleased! Booked our room through the hotel website itself and got it at discounted price. Of course we planned and mapped out our trip before hand so the transit and traveling was quite good! I would definitely go back here for sure.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank npat80
Dear Npat80,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed our perfect location, helpful service and spacious guestrooms. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Another hotel with a priceline price, and low expectations. And again, I was wrong. Yes the hotel is huge, and it is a favourite with tourists. Yes the location is really touristy, nothing like the East Village. Although being two blocks from Central Park is not bad at all.

But the king room, was by a mile, the best one I have ever stayed in NY (and a top 5 anywhere). The room is brand new, huge, larger than a lot of NY flats. It has a sleeping area (very good mattress), a separate siting are with a huge TV, a small entrance hall with closet and a very large bathroom. Not all rooms are as big as this one. I have no idea if I was lucky, or if this is what most king rooms look like. As a tip, mine was 1157.

It was really a pleasure to go back to the room after a day of work or running in the park, sit in the sofa, and watch a World Cup match. It did not feel like a cramped hotel at all. It felt like home.

Room Tip: In any hotel you are, if you want to know if you are at the best room, look at the fire escape plan...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcn_uk
Dear jcn_uk,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear our newly renovated guestroom provided an outstanding stay for you! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

There seems to be a lot of good reviews about this hotel but I didn't care for it at all...here's why: the rooms themselves were ok...modern furnishings but could really use a good cleaning. All around the edges of the carpets were full of dust. I mean could housekeeping vacuum a little better with a smaller vacuum connector? It's just plain lazy to see that the carpet areas against the walls are dusty...gives you a sense that the rooms are just not that clean.
The entire hotel which has 26 or 28 floors (I forget) has all but 2 elevators in which one of them was not working some of the time I was there.

The lobby bathrooms near the bar were filthy and disgusting. I have never seen a lobby bathroom that gross...especially for a 4 star hotel.

Lastly...please don't go to the bar...when my colleagues and I went there for a drink one of the nights...we all sat there and felt itchy. Perhaps not bed bugs but certainly a lot of dust mites. At first I thought it was just me being paranoid but then I started seeing my coworkers also scratching all over, it confirmed it...the place is just really really dirty.

New York is not a clean city...but hotels really need to hire and train their staff to upkeep and make guests feel comfortable away from home. I will not stay here again and will be telling my firm not to send anyone to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank snowglobish
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Snowglobish,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am very disheartened to hear of your disappointment with the cleanliness of our hotel, and I can assure you that your experience is not a reflection of our high standards. I take all of your allegations very seriously, and this is certainly not representative of the standards we uphold at our hotel.

I would like to point out, that here at Park Central we have 18 Floors and 4 elevators located in our brand new lobby. We have 2 elevators for our lower level floors and 2 elevators for our higher level floors.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.