“Good Manhattan location”

Ranked #266 of 468 Hotels in New York City
STATE COLLEGE, United States
“Good Manhattan location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Hotel is at 56th and 7th Ave. Many fairly inexpensive places nearby for breakfast. The hotel is undergoing modernization. You could smell the newness of the carpet. Check in and out was quick and efficient. Car delivered from the parking lot promptly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joseph K
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear JoePa50Pa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated décor and perfect location! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

- Great location. It is on the 7th Avenue and only 2 or 3 blocks away from the central park, fifth avenue, and Time Square.

- The rooms do not meet the standard of what you are paying ($200-300 per night).

- Poor amenities. I don't expect a four star hotel to have poor amenities like park central. No fridge, no slippers, and they do not provide you individual packed shampoo, body wash and conditioner. I really don't understand. It is not that expensive.

- Uncleared/Unstated $21 dollars+ Tax per day of facility fees. Seriously?! who charge that? It was not mentioned in the site where i booked the hotel and the staff at park central DID NOT mention that to me when i checked in. I FEEL I WAS BEING ROBBED when I see the check out bill.

- Free WIFI?! THAT IS SO A LIE. They do provide wifi for all the guest rooms. However, it is not FREE as they stated. It is included in your FACILITY FEES. And yes you have to pay $21 dollars per night for the wifi maybe you don't use.

Good luck. Don't stay here unless you want to be robbed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tweeti H
Dear Tweeti H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful New York City location, central to all Midtown Manhattan attractions!

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with our guestroom amenities. We offer refrigerators complimentary based upon availability, and we use C.O. Bigelow® Bath amenities in each room. The comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, and I am so sorry we did not satisfy your needs.

We have a mandatory Facilities Fee of $20 plus taxes per night for all of our guests. I am so sorry this was not better communicated to you through your booking agency and by our Front Office Team. The fee is listed on all websites, and we continue to work hard to make the Facilities Fee more transparent. We truly value all of our guests, and I am extremely disheartened to hear that you feel deceived.

The mandatory Facilities Fee offers the following amenities and services:
-Wireless (WIFI) High Speed Access through the hotel's guest rooms and public spaces for up to 5 devices
-Unlimited Local and Domestic Long Distance calls
-Luggage storage on arrival and/or departure up until 9:00 PM.
-Unlimited use of the 24-hour state-of-the-art Fitness Center
-A welcome drink (house wine or signature cocktail) or non-alcoholic beverage with the purchase of an entree during lunch or dinner service in Park Kitchen, our new Restaurant and Bar, open seven days a week.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. I do hope you will give us a second chance on your next visit to New York City.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My colleagues and I stayed here for the AHR convention in January 2014. The rooms are a good size for a NYC hotel, decor modern/updated, and the bed was very comfortable. Hotel is in a great location (the shuttle picked us up right out front) and there are many breakfast places within a block in addition to Halal Guys right down the street. Be careful when changing and walking around your hotel room, as the windows are facing the other side of the hotel.

My only complaint was that my white dress shirt went missing in my hotel room. Maybe it was my own fault as I hung it on a door knob on top of a towel. I'm 99.9% sure the maid accidentally took it with the linens/towels. However, after informing the front desk (day 3 of my 7 night stay) and following up after my stay, they were not able to track it down, nor did they offer any kind of refund.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Anthony L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to read you enjoyed both our comfortable guestrooms and perfect location.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dress shirt during your stay with us. All of your feedback has been shared with our Team Members, so that we can celebrate our achievements and work hard to correct our shortcomings.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After staying at the Park Central for nearly 25 years on and off, I must say this recent stay has really put me off for all future stays. Upon completion of the recent remodel, they use only half of the previous elevators available. You need to Expect long waits for tiny fully packed elevators. After receiving a coffee pot, housekeeping was extremely rude telling me they don't offer free coffee.....strange. The first night I dropped one of my meds next to the bed, when I reached down to retrieve it, there was a similar, but different pill obviously left over from a previous guest. And, the shower had questionable brown spots in the tub. If you stay at the Park Central, lower your expectations and don't look too close.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear 497Frank1949,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, and we truly appreciate your loyalty over the years. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is extremely troubling. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Below is the email I, Sent direct to the hotels customer service email and got no reply

I wanted to pass on some concerns I had with my recent stay in NYC. I am very loyal Kimpton customer and stay with them every time I am in NYC (10 -12 a year) for business. In this case I had my family with me and Kimpton only had King beds available for the past weekend.

When I first arrived at the hotel approx 6:30 pm on Friday there was no valet available and when I asked the front desk their answer was "just stand outside and look for the men dressed in black", not let me get them for you. After checking in we realized the phone did not work. It was not fixed until Saturday evening, despite being reported several times...911 was my biggest concern if it was ever need for anything the phone wouldn't work. Also, there was a red/pink stain on the sheets in our bed...we called down (on my cell) and instead of offering to come up and fix they stated "we clean all our sheets to the best of our ability and if there is a stain it has been cleaned and disinfected". We left the sheet under the window the first night and slept without it...to our surprise it was placed back on the bed the next day despite my complaint.

The next morning I had forgotten my shaver and my wife walked down (no phone) to the front desk and they told her to walk down to the pharmacy 2 blocks....again not the hotels fault I forgot my razor, but customer service. The concierge did redeem the poor service, by getting me a shaving kit after I called down (on my cell) they sent one up. My wife went to the front desk and not concierge, but the answer should not be different from person to person over a common request.

Parking was $60 or 65 I cant remember and I accept it is NYC and that is the going rate. The part I was disappointed in was the first time we use the room phone was to call for parking as we were leaving at 9:15 am Sunday. It rang and rang, but never connected to valet...I called the front desk and was met with rudeness over why I calling them and they transferred me...again it rang without answer, I walked down to get the valet myself and the gentlemen out front was very apologetic when I told him what happened, he knew exactly which FDSR had helped me and said "she has an attitude every day" she is the same lady that checked me out.

As someone who travels a lot and works 100% in hospitality industry I don't like to complain, but the consistency in which your FD lacks in customer service is a trend. Very disappointed in the level of service and although I didn't yell and scream over the problems, I was clear on my disappointed and the FDSR did nothing but tap her nails as I talked...No I don't ask for discounts or credits, but I do think feedback should be heard and this case I had a lot in 48 hours.

My Kimpton loyalty is something that will remain after my visit to your hotel

Ryan Collins
Room 320 - Friday through Sunday

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank rrc1883
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just a few blocks north of Times Sq, the location of this hotel can't be beaten. The staff were always so helpful when we had any questions, the hotel was clean and the rooms of good size, especially considering some others I have stayed in in NY. Really it's all you need from an NYC hotel and I will be back.

Stayed August 2013
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Kirsty M,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We appreciate and value all of your feedback, and I am thrilled to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Ok I'm going to get the couple of negatives out of the way first.
1. Reception staff on arrival miserable & impatient
2. The lifts are a little slow at times & when busy you can wait 5-10 mins with your luggage!
Ok now for the pros,
1. Location - perfect! 5 mins from Times Square & 3 mins from Central Park
2. We stayed on 10th floor in Premier King Room & it was clean, spacious enough & more than enough for our needs
3. When leaving the guy at the desk & the valets were happy, helpful & very positive which was a great end to the visit
I would definitely recommend a visit here. Great place!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Dave H,

Thank you for your great review and recommendation. I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay in our newly renovated guestrooms, and that one of our Front Desk Team Members provided you with excellent service upon check out. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your check in and with our elevators. All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so that we can celebrate our achievements and work hard to correct our shortcomings. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.