Park Central Hotel New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Manhattan Club(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Wellington Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Carnegie Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Dream Midtown(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The London NYC(New York City)
Courtyard(New York City)
5,235 results
All reviewscarnegie hallelizabeth cacovicgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkresort feeguest relationscolumbus circlefew blockslincoln centercoffee makersubway stationcorner roomstreet noiselobbynycbroadway
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed with two of my children for an entire week at the hotel. It was a great success. The location, as the name suggests, is very close to Central Park, but also to MoMa and Times Square. Rooms are very good for a small family. The accommodation is modern, recently refurbished and clean. We stayed on the 12th floor on the 7th Avenue side, but slightly back from the street. Noise levels were therefore mild. One point of attention is the airco. We should have addressed this earlier, but we didn't. The lobby's temperature is very agreeable, probably 65F. The corridors were higher, some 70F. The lowest we could get our room's down to is 75F, too warm and humid really. The 24 hour gym is well equipped. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel very much. Staff were wonderful, location as you can expect superb, we plan to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to enjoy lower noise levels, and check AC.
1  Thank Renzo35
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Renzo35,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your Family Getaway. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay with us! Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with the Air Conditioning Unit in your guestroom. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a gem of a hotel! Beautifully decorated, wonderfully maintained, clean FRESH beyond words! When you enter from the heat of the city streets you are taken in by the spa like oasis with a refreshing scent that fills the air surrounding the lobby and crisp air conditioning that is so welcoming in NYC in July!
It is one of the few hotels you will find in NYC that has two queen beds in their rooms.(Most only offer doubles) The rooms are well appointed, not the biggest but having the bigger beds definitely makes up for that. Everything was clean and modern and very comfortable.
The location is fantastic in that it is just blocks to Central Park, and Times Square. We valet parked our SUV with the hotel and walked everywhere.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful in every way.
Definitely give this hotel a try! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank debbie0711

Dear Debbie0711,

Thank you for your amazing review and recommendation! I am so thrilled to hear your escape with us was a memorable one. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central on your next Manhattan Adventure!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I decided to stay at the Park Central for a little time away from home in New Orleans. When you first walk in, the lobby is open and welcoming. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff we spoke with were very professional and resourceful, meeting our needs and expectations. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to visit. I highly recommend it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie F

Dear Laurie F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted hear you had a wonderful stay with us! We hope to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had to make last minute changes to my New York travel itinerary and found Park Central. I was pleasantly surprised and have no regrets choosing this hotel. The location was perfect, not too far from Times Square (and not too close that it gets crowded!) and is just a few blocks down from Central Park. Very close to a lot of attractions and easy to get around with the subway close by (57th St-7Av/7Av). The hotel is clean and the fresh smell that awaits you in the lobby is always a welcome after a long day of walking in the city. The rooms are big enough by New York City standard and the amenities were all in good working condition. Checking in was fast and easy and so was check out. A big Thank You to Juan Varela for a sorting everything out. The only complaint would be that the elevators sometimes would take forever to call at your floor.

Friendly staff, and great environment. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AZakry
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear AZakry,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We will not neglect to put Mr. Varela in the Spotlight, for providing you with excellent service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went to celebrate my anniversary with my wife and 18 month old daughter to New York. Once we got to the hotel we thought to our selfs what a great place and great location. Close to everything. Staff was very friendly and treated our family with the up most respect. After the second night we notice that things weren't so great. The pipes under the bathroom sink leaked which caused my daughter to slip and fall. While taking a shower the over flow cap fell from the shower. My wife called manager and stated all the problem and said maintence was on the way, after 30 mins we called maintence our selfs and they came to fix problem. It seemed like the management working that night was not to eager to help. I must say the rest of our stay was good but that left a sour note in my book. I probably won't be staying there again. Not all was bad though, hotel is in a great location to Time Square and Central Park.

Room Tip: High floor gives you a better view, if you get a Classic King Room all you will see is the building next to you.
2  Thank Swimdan2

Dear Swimdan2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our friendly Team Members and central location!

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay. I am so sorry to hear of maintenance issues you experienced in your bathroom. Please be assured, all of your feedback has been shared with our Department Heads, so that we can immediately correct these issues.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your family back to Park Central.