“Perfect location”

Ranked #266 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Los Gatos, California
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Between Times Square and Central Park, so walking distance to Broadway, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller etc too. We used the open topped tourist buses to get around when we weren't walking.

Central but surprisingly quiet. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear AA73,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent . Near to the park and everything you could want or need. The entrance is nice and spacious and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. The room was a good size ( for NY) but the bathroom was toy size. HOWEVER we found dust balls behind the furniture and a pair of dirty tights, a dirty sock and undies under the beds VERY UNIMPRESSED....

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room by the ice machines in the corridors ( in the summer)
1 Thank Jane W
Dear Jane W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our excellent location, spacious guestrooms and friendly Front Office Team.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with the cleanliness of your room. I am astounded to learn of the items that were found behind the furniture. Please be assured that this issue will be immediately addressed with the individual Team Member.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was clean but very small.

The bigger problem with the Park Central was the consistent bad service we received from the staff.

We arrived at 1.30am and waited at least 15 minutes before a member of staff checked us in. The staff were not welcoming, friendly or apologetic about our wait.

Before we arrived at the hotel I had contacted them asking if they could recommend anywhere locally I could order a birthday cake for my sister, I received no response.

The hotel then failed to notify me when the cake I arranged to be delivered had arrived. If it hadn't been for an email from UPS I believe this would have been lost by the luggage room who couldn't find the parcel when I arrived with my email notification. I had planned to nip down to the front desk to collect this surprise cake for my sister, and was sent to three different people before someone eventually helped me, this took over 25 minutes and as a result ruined my surprise.

The same day, we used the concierge desk to book an excursion with equally poor service. The man who served us was extremely rude, not only did he answer the telephone while he was selling us tickets, he also picked up the phone and made calls to other guests about their dry cleaning. This may not have been so unacceptable if the man was capable of multi-tasking, however, he stopped serving us while he did these other tasks meaning we waited longer than necessary.

On our final day we also asked the concierge if it was possible to book a taxi for our return journey to JFK. We were quoted $93 for a private taxi which was expensive considering yellow cabs advertise flat fares of $50. The concierge's response to this was that the $50 didn't include tolls or gratuity and that yellow cabs were unreliable. We therefore booked two private cars as advised. Later that day when we were leaving the doorman advised that if we'd booked a taxi through the hotel it would have only cost $60. We were confused by this because as far as we were concerned we'd booked through the hotel's concierge, it was only at this point we were told the concierge desk was not part of the hotel team. This is not communicated by the hotel staff at all and there are no signs. We felt totally ripped off. To make matters worse, our second car was 30 minutes later which was extremely stressful. The concierge also advised gratuity was included with our payment, which it was not and we weren't taken on any toll roads!

Overall the hotel is extremely expensive for small rooms and although the location is good, the Park Central is let down by their unfriendly and inefficient team. This was our first trip to New York and we were extremely disappointed with this hotel. I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Gail C,

Please accept my sincerest apology the challenges you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is extremely troubling.

Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our Staff, and these issues will be immediately addressed with the individual Team Members.

I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended Park Central hotel and we were not disappointed. We booked the hotel through their registration desk well in advance and asked for a discount if we paid for our rooms in advance. They agreed. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and were surprised (but delighted) to find there was a wall between the two beds...almost like a two bedroom suite. My friend and I do not go to sleep at the same time, so we were able to have privacy.
The location of Park Central is perfect. It is a few blocks from Central Park, Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, and Rockefeller Center. There is an entrance to the subway right outside the doors and three great deli's directly across the street. Carnegie Deli is right next to the hotel.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Terri S
Dear Terri S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent 3 days in nyc..2 nights at the park central. Perfect location..away from the craziness and close enough to walk through central park, to the high line, grab a tour bus or cab, walk to theatres and restaurants. Room clean and comfortable. Lobby inviting. All staff members so friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: High floor was good
1 Thank Beachway34242
Dear Beachway34242,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was fortunate to have stayed in this hotel back in February for 3 nights with a friend of mine on a business trip. I travel to New York at least 5 times a year and have stayed at some beautiful hotels. This hotel has to be at the top of my list and I will be going back in October to take my partner as a suprise for our joint 30th Birthday and 1 year wedding anniversary. We are going to stay at Park Central Hotel for 8 nights and then we will be travelling over the next month to stay at other beautiful hotels around America. This will be our first stop as New York is our favourite place and this is the hotel I want to be at for our anniversary. I booked a Classic King Room so i hope that will be special enough - im not sure what kind of room I stayed in before but it was beautiful and very spacious so I hope this time will be the same. The service was exceptional and the location was perfect! Looking forward to coming back in October!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andreas_5255
Dear Andreas_5255,

Thank you so much for detailing your wonderful stay with us. I am delighted to hear that we are at the top of you NYC hotel list. We are overjoyed to be a part of your special occasion, and are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Central this October!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Park Central is a good option for those that don't want to or can not spend a lot of money with more comfortable or luxurious hotels. It's well-located. However, the rooms and mainly its bathrooms need urgent refurbishment! The gym center is really good! Cost-benefit hotel! Don't expect too much! It's fair for what is paid! Enjoy NY!

2 Thank Leonardo R
Dear Leonardo R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our guests.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our perfect Midtown Manhattan location and newly renovated Fitness Center.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.