“Free wifi in a huge hotel- once In a blue moon!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Central Hotel New York

Park Central Hotel New York
Ranked #264 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, Washington
“Free wifi in a huge hotel- once In a blue moon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My friends decided to stay at this hotel, thus it would not have been my first choice. However, it was pretty good. The room itself was great, I stayed in a King size ro and it seemed much larger than my friends two doubles room. Room had an easy to use safe and a window that saw a bit of Central Park! I couldn't hear the street and was only on the third floor. I was most impressed by the fast wifi that was free- that hardly ever happens anymore with huge hotels! The one con was the service. The front desk was friendly enough but the concierges were obviously overwhelmed and not super friendly. I was expecting better for a 4 star hotel. The hotel was full of tourists and wouldn't want to stay there if I was there for business.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mainereason
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear mainereason,

Thank you for your fantastic review. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

Please be assured that the issue you encounter with our Concierge Team, will be addressed with the individual Team Members.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was really nice, very modern and comfortable,but not so big. We had a double bed room with view to the side street wich is a little bit quieter than the avenue. The room didn´t have a small fridge or coffee machine, but we asked for it and the brought us one with no cost.The lobby of the hotel was very cold because of the air conditioning system but it was really nice and modern. The location is excellent, it is really close to the central park and 5 minutes walking to Times Sq. We found many clothes behind a drawer that were left by another guest, which means they don´t clean the drawers very often. The staff was helpful.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank MAzulGL
Dear MAzulGL,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the items found in your room. This is certainly not the level of service we strive to provide to all of our valuable guests. Please be assured that this issue will be addressed with the individual Team Member.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My sister and I recently stayed at the Park Central (five nights, six days). We chose the hotel because it was one of the few we could find that looked good and offered two beds in the room. (We are sisters, not a couple!)

Starting with the not so ugly, when we first arrived we were impressed by the ultra modern decor of the lobby though it is not one where you can hang out. It only had a few benches and no other seating which makes the lobby pretty unwelcoming. (The entire hotel had been recently redone.) Check-in was easy and we went to our room.

Then, the bad began. There are only two small elevators handling an entire wing of the hotel so waits are long and the rides seem to take forever. Upon entering the room, my sister, who is a little "smell" sensitive noticed a disturbing odor (which I did not sense). She also noticed a lot of dirt and dustballs where the carpet met the floorboards and chipped paint below the window. We had been promised a great view with an upgrade but I don't consider the rooftop of buildings with giant AC units to be a great view. (Happily you can close the drapes!) And, you know how most hotels give you an array of small bottles of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, etc? Not the Park Central. There was one tiny bottle of lotion and one bar of soap. (To be fair, there are three large "community" bottles of product int he shower.) On top of all that, our AC was a little sluggish.

We spoke to management and they offered us a change of rooms the next day. We decided against the change because the new room was on 17, we were on 9 and thought the elevator situation would be even worse on a higher floor. Unfortunately, housekeeping did not do our room because they thought we were moving (miscommunication.)! So after our first day in the city, we returned to a room in the same condition as when we left that morning. There was one more housekeeping issue when my bed was made with a sheet that had black stains on it.

Now the good...the staff was very accommodating. They got the AC fixed, gave us more toiletries, resolved the housekeeping issues and gave us a break on our bill to compensate for the issues. And, by the way, the restaurant is very good but if you don't want to eat there (breakfast is a little hotel pricey), there are plenty of neighborhood delis. There is one other thing, if you are visiting NY to see shows, there is NO better location. So, despite my 3 star review, will I stay there again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: We were on the ninth floor and noticed NO street noise. As with most NY hotels, higher floors are g...
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank RadioGirlFL
Dear RadioGirlFL,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated ultra modern lobby, and perfect location. I am so sorry for the challenges you faced during your stay, but I am happy to hear that our Team was able to resolve the issues efficiently and professional.

Without your input, we would be unable to continuously assess our performance and gain an understanding of how we are performing in our collective goal of becoming the first choice in travel in New York City.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Unfortunately not what I had hoped for or expected. Booked a double bed room for family and was given options to upgrade on the website for a larger queen deluxe room which I opted for at an extra $75.00 per night. If this was the larger room, I would hate to see what the standard room size is because it was in my opinion tiny. There was pretty much no room for our luggage. It was very tight and minimal standard.

The elevators were a disaster. I saw four elevators but for the whole stay only one or two worked making for extremely long lines and long wait times coming and going. We ended up waiting for the elevator going up to our 12th floor room and taking the stairs coming back down. This was very frustrating.

The air conditioning I would have to say is a bad system. It is very loud and blows cold air so cannot set for an all night comfort level. If you leave your window open as an alternative for fresh air, the police and ambulance sirens are relentless all night long. Needless to say, no one slept well at all.

The location however was fine. Close to the park and 5th Ave shopping if this is what you are coming for. It is also located right next to the subway line which is great but the subway was closed at this location for maintenance during our stay.

Normally we stay in mid-town but we stayed here for a less busy and noisy location. I would not stay here again. I noticed what appears to be a large Sheraton two blocks away that I assume would have better / larger rooms and (my guess) would be a better experience.

Room Tip: Stay on lower floor if elevators are down and you need to use the stairs.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Davep1212,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay. I am disheartened to hear that the details of your upgrade were not thoroughly communicated to you. I am also, so sorry to hear of the challenges with your AC unit and long waits for the elevators. All of your feedback has been shared with our Department Heads, so we can work hard to correct these shortcomings.

Without your input, we would be unable to continuously assess our performance and gain a better understanding of our areas for improvement. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Copenhagen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Standard hotel, international style, clean busy and anonomous. But foe my purpose, buiseness, very good. Good room, cleaned daily, with nice window facing time sq. Wifi is really bad, and service from front desk is hopeless in this regard. Very much NY attitude. Location outstanding, and genuine NY city feeling right on the doorstep. Prices fluctuated enormeously during my 5 day stay from 200 to 600$ A night for the same room

Room Tip: Ask for room with time sq view at the end of the isle
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear lnchCopenhagen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your view of Time Square.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with the wifi connection. I am also, so sorry to hear that your concerns were not met with warmth and compassion from our Front Office Team. Please be assured that all of your feedback has been shared with our Department Heads, so that we can immediately address these issues.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Between Times Square and Central Park, so walking distance to Broadway, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller etc too. We used the open topped tourist buses to get around when we weren't walking.

Central but surprisingly quiet. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Sleep Quality
Dear AA73,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent . Near to the park and everything you could want or need. The entrance is nice and spacious and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. The room was a good size ( for NY) but the bathroom was toy size. HOWEVER we found dust balls behind the furniture and a pair of dirty tights, a dirty sock and undies under the beds VERY UNIMPRESSED....

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room by the ice machines in the corridors ( in the summer)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane W
Dear Jane W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our excellent location, spacious guestrooms and friendly Front Office Team.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with the cleanliness of your room. I am astounded to learn of the items that were found behind the furniture. Please be assured that this issue will be immediately addressed with the individual Team Member.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.