“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #266 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and parents who were experiencing NYC for the first time. We really enjoyed Park Central. The lobby is spacious and elegant. We found the staff at the front desk to be efficient and helpful. There is a little market with coffee, tea and snacks available which is quite convenient. Valet parking was easy. The room was clean and big for New York with large comfy beds. The bathroom had lots of moving around space. There is an easy to use safe in the room. We were on the fifteenth floor and there was no street noise at all. My husband enjoyed the modern workout room.The housekeeping staff were very friendly. The hotel is located very close to Central Park which made it nice in the evening to go for a stroll in the park and then head back to the hotel. The subway stops are just a few steps from the hotel. There are lots of cafés and delis just out the front door. My one minor complaint is the wait for the elevators in the morning. They were fine the rest of the day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who likes to be in the middle of the action and then retreat to their room for a comfortable rest.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room.
2 Thank Colette F
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Colette F,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! I truly appreciate you highlighting all of your memorable experiences with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Don Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Montreal
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was a girlfriend weekend in NYC so we stayed 4 in the room.

We booked a room with 2 queens and were hoping to get a cot because the website says cots are available upon request.

However we were informed at check in time that a room with 2 queens cannot accommodate a cot. We asked for a room with 2 doubles instead and we were told that it does not accommodate a cot either. After insisting, the receptionist called housekeeping, who said that they will bring up a cot. The cot fit awkwardly in the room but it fit without being a fire hazard. Apparently cots are only meant for rooms with one king bed, which is not mentioned anywhere on the website. Through this whole process the receptionist was very rude.

The room was small, there was nothing spectacular about it, but it was clean.

Otherwise the walls are thin, the elevators are very small, there is no refrigerator in the room, and the iron had something caked on it so I couldn't use it. There is also an extra 20$ a day, facilities fee, that they charge and for it you get free Wi-Fi and luggage storage before check in and after check-out.

I guess the only good thing is the location as it is very close to Central Park, Times Square and Broadway. Because we were 4 it didn't come out terribly expensive, but if I were to go as a couple I think I will prefer to stay further away and just take the metro.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TucTucMtl
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear TucTucMtl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay. I understand that we made a onetime exception for you; however we adhere to a very strict Fire Code and are only able to accommodate a rollaway bed in our Classic King and Premier King room types. I am so sorry this was not clearly communicated to you. I have addressed the issue with our Department Heads to prevent this inconvenience from reoccurring. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel is pretty nice looking and the rooms are pretty clean, but can´t say the same about the staff.
People at the front desk aren´t really friendly, and they don´t seem to be very happy to be there. I booked a king room, and when I got there, the lady told me they didn´t have any king rooms available, and offered me a double queen room. I said I didn´t want a double queen room, so the lady went to the back, and came back in about five minutes, telling me she found a king room. (WTH??) after that, she was pretty rude. Besides the check-in, everything went pretty smooth.
the pictures DO fool you, so be careful with which room you book. Location is excellent!!! Cleaning people are nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LeoK79,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate and value all of your feedback, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location and friendly Housekeeping Team.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced during your check in. I am so sorry to hear you did not receive a warm welcome and a seamless arrival process. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our Front Office Management Team, and this issue will be immediately addressed with the individual Team Member. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The photos online don't do this hotel justice... Very nice curb appeal, nice lobby, waited 10 minutes to check in, only one person on duty (arrived at 8:45). Actual check in took less than 10 minutes.. I had prepaid my stay.. Credit card required, agent stated they put a $50. Authorization on card.
$20 per night fee.. For gym, wifi. Etc... Got to my room and was wowed by the clean, fresh smelling and tasteful decoration.. Very, very nice...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dee S
Dear Dee S,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When choosing this hotel, you're choosing it for the location, which is awesome. It's about 2 blocks from Central Park and is also walking distance to the Theatre District. Both of these were important to me for the purposes of this trip. The hotel is nice enough, but not super upscale. For instance, no room service (my fault; I should have checked), tiny rooms and bathrooms (typical NYC and not super important), but when I called for more towels and pillows, I was told they'd arrive and they never did. Also, in the daylight the next morning, we noticed stains on the sheets. Ew! The lobby cafe was nice and a good place to get coffee, etc... on the run. They also store bags after check out so that we didnt' need to carry them around. It was fine, especially for the price, which was affordable in NYC. I may stay there again someday.

Dear Teresa G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our MidTown Manhattan location, and I appreciate you highlighting the areas for improvement. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Cape charles
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I begin by saying I knew I was not staying in a five star hotel. The walls were thin, the elevator small and the overall room lacking a bit.... no refrigerator. The rest was exactly what I needed. On this visit I wanted to jog central park.... and couldn't ask to be closer. The lobby bar was a great place to start the evening and Melvin the lead tender was awesome. He had my wife mesmerized by stories and city information for an hour or so. All the staff was as helpful as you could ask. The location, besides the park, was great as well. My kids could see time square from the front door. My wife and I walked to Hell's kitchen for cocktails and several subway stations were close by. I would certainly recommend it to those who are not expecting the Ritz and need something close to the action..... BTW even though we were on the seventh floor me and my boys used the stairs often because the elevator was REALLY small.

1 Thank Sningee
Dear Sningee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to hear that we provided the perfect location for you and your family! I am so sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by our elevators during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We selected the Park Central because they assured us os a room large enough to accommodate a rollaway for our son, and they weren't kidding. The room -- obviously designed for a guest with a disability, from the roll-in shower -- was vast by NYC standards, and reasonable. A few issues that could be addressed -- inadequate lighting, no refrigerator, roll-away not made up until we requested housekeeping to do so -- but overall, a comfortable stay in a good location, near theaters, Central Park, key subway lines. Be sure to check for AAA/AARP discounts (an idea raised by the booking desk, thanks!).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear John L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our fantastic location!

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.