“Efficient, easy accommodation in NY City”

Park Central Hotel New York
Ranked #270 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We started and ended our 3week travel at this hotel. Very well located with easy access to all the mayor tourist areas in Manhatten. Hotel gets very busy, thus sometimes a bit of a wait at the lifts and check in. Friendly helpful staff. Rooms are small but adequate. The food at the bar is delicious and well priced. For a short break to NY I will recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenjitru
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Jenjitru,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Write a ReviewReviews (4,926)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Since you probably read all the reviews I want to address some of the concerns that were raised. First our customer service was above average. We arrived at 10PM and the front desk receptionist was pleasant and helpful. During our stay some family members stopped by for a glass of wine. The room had only 2 glasses so I called for 2 more and they arrived within 10 minutes. A few minutes later Housekeeping called to make sure we got the glasses. Second, the room was standard size, perhaps about a foot narrower than most US standard rooms. It was up-to-date with a large flat screen HD TV and modern bathroom amenities. Our king-size room looked out on to 55th Street. Third, while there were several housekeeping carts in the hall, they were covered and not in the way. Fourth, we prepaid our hotel room as part of the Manhattan Club promotion and were not charged any extra fees. Finally, we were on the 8th floor which is serviced by 2 small elevators (which service floors 3-9). At certain rush times, you might need to wait for a second or third elevator to arrive (or take the up elevator to insure space going down), but if you allow a few extra minutes, you will not be late.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kh19

Dear k h19,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly appreciate you highlighting these key areas of your stay. I am delighted to hear all of your feedback, and I am especially happy to know that you received outstanding service during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I highly recommend staying at the Park Central hotel! Tastefully appointed and spacious rooms! I travel at least once a month to NYC and have stayed at numerous hotels. This is truly a solid 4-star hotel with 5-star service. It is very unusual to find a hotel in NYC that is well priced and centrally located. This hotel is in the perfect location. Only a few blocks from Times Square and Central Park and literally a block away from the subway. Very easy access to all midtown attractions without all the noise and chaos of staying in the middle of Times Square. The room I stayed in was very clean and spacious (a rare find in NYC). I never expected the hotel to look like the websites pictures but it is identical. If anything, the pictures don't do the hotel justice.
What truly stood out was the friendliness and hospitality of the entire staff! I must say the guest relations manager, Elizabeth Cacovic was beyond helpful! She was extremely welcoming and made my stay! I have stayed in some of NY's top hotels and have never been as well received as I was at the Park Central hotel.
I will stay at this hotel from now on without a doubt! A clean, spacious, centrally located and well-priced hotel in NYC!

1  Thank Sasha M

Dear Sasha M,

Thank you for your rave review and recommendation! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both our outstanding service and unbeatable location. All of your feedback has been shared with our Team Members, so that we can celebrate our achievements. We will not neglect to put Ms. Cacovic in the spotlight. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked on the mobile site for a king room for two adults and a child. When we asked for the roll away bed they told us we hadn't ordered it ... and that it was our fault for not entering the child's age. The site hadn't asked for it (we checked again by doing a dummy booking - nope, it doesn't ask). Anyway, they then had no king rooms, but they did find us a queen accessible room and ordered a roll away ... so fair enough they sorted the problem. Nice enough room, for a good price, but we had expected a king.

But the roll away didn't come. We had to ask for it three times before it actually arrived, and that involved queuing for ages at the front desk since they didn't have nearly enough staff ...

Long queues for the lifts too. Clearly not enough lifts for a hotel that size. Long queues for the left luggage. Long queues to hand the keys in despite express checkout. (Why not have a key bin if you have express checkout?)

Bonus: car service to JFK, slightly cheaper than a taxi and much nicer.

Watch out for that facility fee though - given it's compulsory I don't know why it's not in the base room price ...

All that said, a good hotel in a good location in New York, at a decent price. Would stay again, but be better prepared for delays.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear bushmoa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear of the confusion with your room type during check in, and of the long wait times you experienced throughout your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the mandatory Facilities Fee; I do hope all of the details were thoroughly communicated to you prior to making your reservation.

All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Teams, so that we can work hard to correct our shortcomings. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've stayed here many times. Great for runners as you're 2 blocks from Central Park and pretty close to Nike World as well as NY Runners at Columbus circle. On this visit I came early due to flight changes. They were gracious enough to provide me a room early in the morning. Service was excellent.

Dear Uri123,

We truly appreciate all of your wonderful feedback! I am delighted to hear that you received excellent service from our Team Members, and enjoyed our perfect location for running in Central Park. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Location is great, access to everything. Bell men are great and full of information. Front desk girls really do not want to be there, at least the bell men gave a good first impression as the ladies at check in did not. Rooms have min. amenities, when staying with more than 2 people you must ask for additional towels and cups. Mini fridges are offered free of charge if you request upon check in. Housekeeping keep the rooms clean. There is a little place in lobby for snacks. Downfall is that the rooms are extremely small. We expected small, but you can't even swirl around in the desk chair due to hitting the bed. Also, be careful of the view you have as looking at the wall is very closterfobic. The tv is too big for the size of room. There is no air conditioning in the hallways or elevator. Also, elevator is VERY small, max 8 people can fit, and there are only 2. There are many deli's close by for good food, Central Park, broadway, time square, and subway. If size of room doesn't matter, and believe me it is SMALL, then the location of this hotel is good. Also, rooms are not noise proof, can hear all hallway noise. We had no road noise as we were against a wall, don't them fool you, they call it a court yard. It is not, there is nothing green below. Other issue was that our toilet paper was not replenished when house keeping came in the morning. I called to request more in the evening as by this time of course with 4 people in the room for 2 days, it is out. When none arrived 30 min later I called again, and was asked if I could wait another 15 min...for toilet paper. By this time the kids want to sleep, so I had to schedule my ' delivery' for morning. So as of now, we have still not received any. Hoping the Kleenex will due for now. Overall for a 4 star hotel, I was disappointed. You should not have to request sufficient amenities from a 4 star hotel, and rooms should have room to move. I would rate it as 3 star max.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Orangeor

Dear Orangeor,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and received excellent service from our Bell Staff.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not received excellent service from our Front Office Team, and that your requests were not handled in a timely and efficient manner. All of our guestrooms vary in layout and size, and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room.

Thank you again for your thorough review. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My colleague and I were very well received by Ms. Elizabeth Cacovic, Guest Relations Manager, when we checked in at the hotel. She was very welcoming, helpful, informative and provided the attention to make us feel we were special guests. She accommodated our room requests, checked several times to make sure the rooms were to our satisfaction and was always ready to do more. During our 2 day stay, she used our names when addressing us, recognized us even when we were just walking through the lobby and made us feel special. I am grateful to Ms. Cacovic for her welcome and special attention, which made our hotel experience exceptional.

1  Thank H A

Dear H A,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear of your excellent experience with Ms. Cacovic, our wonderful Guest Relations Manager. We will not neglect to put her in the spotlight for providing you with outstanding service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!