“This is the only NYC hotel I'll stay at from now on!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sanctuary Hotel New York

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #61 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“This is the only NYC hotel I'll stay at from now on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at the Sanctuary hotel for 4 days...wish I could have stayed longer. I travel often for work so I'm used to staying at hotels and don't think much of them, but this hotel impressed me beyond belief and I can't wait for my next NYC trip, just so I can stay here again. The decor is beautiful, the lighting is sexy, the room was really nice and clean. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of fresh food. But I believe that what really makes or breaks any business are the people, and I can honestly say that every employee I came in contact with at this hotel not only did everything to make my stay enjoyable but also genuinely looked like they loved their job. Jimmy and Jose at the front desk provided excellent customer service throughout my stay, and Jacob went above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. He made great suggestions for restaurants and even made reservations for us, he knew how to answer all my questions about the city and provided probably the best customer service I have ever received anywhere.
I already told my work that from now on this is the only hotel I want to stay at in NYC. So glad I found this gem!!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Jimmy, Jose and Jacob will be so happy to read about your comments. It's comments like these, that motivate the staff to continuously strive for service excellence.

We too, can't wait until you come back here for another visit. See you soon!

Jeremy Poon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

friendly staff, quite large room for New York, good location although the design is a bit too much and the hotel is a bit dark. Apart from that very good value. They overcharged me with 400 $ on checkout so be aware of the bill!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I'd like to apologize for any miscommunication in regards to charges. Please contact me directly at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com so that I may personally assist you in resolving the matter.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

We recently spent five pleasant nights at the Sanctuary Hotel, and recommend it to New York visitors. It is located a half block from Times Square, and has interesting designs with a roof top bar. The best part of our stay there, in addition to the pleasant decorations of the hotel, was our experience with the staff, including the counter personnel, the concierge, the doorman, the porter, the bar attendants, the breakfast assistants, and the room service workers. I have not stayed at another hotel with such pleasant, gracious, considerate and helpful staff, and Mr. Jeremy Poon, the hotel's manager, was particularly friendly,understanding and accommodating. We will certainly stay at the Sanctuary Hotel on our next visit to "The Big Apple." Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: Get the largest room you can afford.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
It was a pleasure to have you here as our guest. I'm happy to know that your experience with us was such a great one. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to personally meet you and your wife, and we appreciate the positive feedback.

The staff will be excited to read about your review and we hope to have you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

From the moment we checked in to our beautiful room to the moment we left, we were treated AMAZING! The staff is incredible....professional, friendly, courteous, and accommodating. They go out of their way to really give top service. The rooms are beautifully decorated. The new Haven rooftop bar was the perfect end to a busy day in the city.

We really didn't know what to expect from a "boutique" hotel. I have to say, I'll only stay here when I return.

Forgot to mention....continental breakfast and LOCATION......perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to know that you felt that the treatment you received at the Sanctuary Hotel was "amazing". It's feedback like this that motivates the staff to do even better.

I hope that your next visit with us will be even better.

Warm Regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was a very good experience. The staff are excellent. The room is actually spacious considering the location. The design and maintenance are excellent, and the bed is amazingly comfortable. Will no doubt return providing the price remains reasonable. Like a few other reviewers, not sure why I had to eat breakfast in a canteen environment using plastic cutlery. But perhaps we are just getting spoilt these days.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about us.

As we continuously look for ways of providing more for our guests, we will always appreciate feedback. Our staff will be happy to read about your comments.

dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great location, right off of Times Square. New rooftop bar was lovely and relaxing. My room was wonderful, though some might consider small, I have stayed in much smaller in NYC. I stayed for almost two and a half weeks and found the accommodations very comfortable. The best part of my stay was undoubtedly the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. I was working crazy hours and no matter what time I came or went there was always a smile and a friendly word. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The staff will be so delighted to read about your comments in regards to the service they provided. Here at the Sanctuary Hotel, we really strive to provide all our guests with a unique and memorable experience. In addition, our staff focuses on interactions that are both warm and genuine.

We look forward to your return.

Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great hotel, very modern and rooftop bar impressive. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. Room, although small was lovely, the beds were comfortable and the shower was fantastic. Breakfast was good and we thought the breakfast room was fine. Location is good and although right on top of Times Square the room was quiet. I was with my 3 daughters and we would definitely book the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LTThomas_115
I am glad to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your experience with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Most reviewers would agree that they too enjoy the comfort of our plush pillow-top mattresses and the rainfall showers.

We hope to see you again in the near future.