Sanctuary Hotel New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$243
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$220
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
4,224 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I can't express enough how great this gem of a hotel is! The staff is WONDERFUL and the location is superb! We made the mistake of trying a different place to stay this last time and man did we regret it! Book this place, you'll be so glad you did! We'll be back :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to know that you decided to come back to the Sanctuary and hope that all your future stays in NYC will be with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Poon

Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

I had a great stay at the hotel everyone one there was helpful and sweet .. The rooms are clean and i loved the bathrooms and the kewl thing is that u need ur key card to turn on and off ur tv and ligths in the room. Free wifi too. I cant wait to go back!!! O.. They have a roof top bar!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I loved my stay at the Sanctuary Hotel. It's less than a block from Times Square, near two subway stations and some nice restaurants. Service is outstanding and you feel everyone wants to ensure a you are having a great stay.

At first I was unimpressed by their rooms: they are small and without places to put my excessive amount of luggage. Since I was coming from Vegas where my bathroom was bigger than Sanctuary's entire room, that was strange. Well, this is New York. And I soon got used to it.
I will probably only carry good memories: their overall environment, that cold water with lemon available in the lobby, their staff, their housekeeping, their bed...

Things I think they should try to improve: Internet connection is terribly slow, I could barely check my e-mails or access my banking account while there. My phone 3G was way better; Air conditioning is strange. While the fan is on temperatre goes down and when the fan turns off it goes up. Since this cycle never stops, temperature keeps changing during the night and it reduces the quality of my sleep. It was compensated by no noise at all (room 506) and great shades that block sunlight; Breaksfast is good, but exactly the same thing every single day.

Other reviewers praise their concierge. I didn't request anything so I can't give my opinion on that. Usually I like to explore the city by my own when it comes to restaurants and etc.

One little issue during my stay, regarding a missing package I was expecting. It seems it was Amazon's fault and I'll be reimbursed.

One other thing was the taxi driver they scheduled to me so I could go to Newark Airport. This guy was rude and unfriendly, not being polite enough to explain the USD100 fixed price he charged, drove dangerously while texting with his cellphone. I just wanted to know the price rationale because from Newark to the Hotel I used the Carmel Limo service and spent only USD70 (tolls, tips and etc. included). Since this seems to be taxi drivers known by the hotel, here is my complain. Taxi number was 5H63.

I'm giving it rating 5 because of the price I paid (USD212 per night without taxes). I got this price reserving 6 months ago with in advance purchase, ensuring a great discount. I have no idea how much it can be to stay there. If price goes beyong USD250, I believe there are other reasonable options not that far.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henrique S
Reviewed 11 August 2012

First time at this hotel. We visit New York regularly as a family every couple of years. The welcome when we arrived was absolutely top notch, unmatched by other hotels of the same calibre in our experience. The room was very well appointed and cleaned well. The staff were all very helpful. We had a couple of problems, with the air conditioning and safe repairs, and these were sorted out immediately, very impressed with the service. Again, compared to other hotels, very efficient. I don't normally bother with trip advisor as writing about a negative experience seems to be reliving it but this experience left very little to criticize. Well done in a city with plenty of competition!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Every bit of our stay was fantastic. From the welcoming at the door, to the cleanliness of the rooms. For the location I was surprised how quiet it was not to mention the very comfortable bed. The room was nicely appointed and cleaned very well. The staff are superb, the concierge James found me tickets to a long time sold out show and I'm grateful it was spectacular. The atmosphere is so welcoming. I will recommend this to all I know wanting to visit New York. And walking distance to spectacular sites and bells kitchen. So so happy to have stayed with The Sanctuary. Thanks again

• Stayed: July 2012
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit to the Sanctuary Hotel.

James will be very happy to read about your comments in regards to the service he provided.

We hope to have you back soon, so that you can experience even more of what the Sanctuary has to offer.

Best Regards,