Sanctuary Hotel New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
4,227 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had the most fantastic time whilst staying at the Sanctuary. Lovely clean room, excellent customer service. Reception desk staff, concierge and front door staff went over and above to be friendly and give advice when needed and arranged activities and transport eg helicopter flight and transfer back to airport with complete ease. Good basic complimentary breakfast included. Minutes away from all of the action of Times Square. The rooftop bar is a must to have a drink at after a busy day. If we return to NY I would definitely return to the Sanctuary

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We always appreciate when guests take the time out of their busy schedule to provide us with such great feedback. The staff will be excited to read about your comments and we all hope to see you back with us again for another great visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great staff, clean hotel and steps away from all of the action. Hotel front desk staff is very friendly, professional and efficient. Seconds to check in, seconds to check out. Front door staff, extremely friendly and always willing to share a recommendation. You must try the roof top bar! This will be our go to hotel for our NYC trips going forward. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your comments.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back for another great visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the second time I have visited the Sanctuary Hotel and yet again it exceeded my expectations. I visited with my partner, parents and brother and it appears they made every attempt to locate our rooms opposite each other (they even upgraded us!!) which made our 5 night stay much better and convenient. The staff were very helpful suggesting nice restaurants to eat at and arranging transport. The room was clean, nicely decorated and the bed was incredibly comfy. The breakfast was nice but limited and I was very pleased to see that they had gluten free bread. The location, PERFECT. The food at the Tender Restaurant was one of the best meals I have ever had. It is a MUST if you're going to stay at the Sanctuary. Overall, it was a fantastic break and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 5 night stay at The Sanctuary Hotel. Our goal is always to provide our guests with the best possible experiences.

We are also excited that you had the opportunity to visit our new restaurant, Tender.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a long work day I was happy to be welcomed warmly at the front desk. Although there was a raging party going on in the lobby, my small room (typical size for this area) was quiet, clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not near the lobby where there is a very active bar scene.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

It's hard to imagine that you are just a few hundred yards away from one of the most recognisable attractions in the western world, Times Square.
I can highly recommend the Sancturary Hotel. The staff are extremely courteous and helpful. From the doorman, reception staff, concieirge and bar personnel, you always were met with a greeting and a smile. The only negative was the breakfast personnel, they were pretty sour and were slow and seemed intent on avoiding eye contact at all costs. That said, it is not normal, at least not in my experience, that breakfast is invluded in the rate in a New York Hotel. The breakfast itself was basic, but adequate.
My room (204) was suitable for me travelling alone. It was clean and cleaned spotlessly each day. It probably would have been a little crowded if my wife had been travelling with me.
Prior to my arrival I received a mail from the hotel informing me that should I need any assistance in advance or during my stay then the hotel would be pleased to assist me. Which I thought was a nice touch.
I was visiting for a family occasion so didn't actually eat at the hotel. The Haven restaurant is on the roof along with the bar. Its very popular from what I could see so it would probably be advisable to book in advance.
The location is just perfect a relatively quiet (for New York) side street off Times Square/Broadway. Good access to the north and Central Park, Top of the Rock etc.
I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back, away from the road, and I think that would be preferable, and perhaps not too high to avoid any disturbance from the roof bar & restaurant. That said, There was sometimes load music in the hallways but this was not heard in the room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your overall experience at The Sanctuary Hotel. I'm sorry if our breakfast staff projected a manner that was sour. This is completely opposite of the service that we provide for our guests. Rest assured that I will address your concerns so that other future guests will not share the same experience.

We would love to see you back with us soon, so that you can see the improvements we made.