“Totally Satisfied!”

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #73 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Bottom line, this place is great!

My trip is social business, and this environment is perfect. I had booked a queen room, but was offered a free upgrade to a king room on the 8th floor (top housing floor, rooftop restaurant is on the 9th). The room is all I could ask for and more.

The staff are professional (yet friendly) and very helpful.

I really can't imagine a better New York experience at this price point. I will happily stay with the Sanctuary on my next visit to New York!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SmokyMike
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you "can't imagine a better New York experience". We strive to provide the best for our guests and we would love to see you back with us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Take time from work to write this message, The Sanctuary Hotel is the best hotel i have stayed in and i have begin in a few. The staff from top to bottom in the hotel were excellent there not a bad word to say about them. Had food on the rooftop Haven and it was to die for. Location of the hotel is quiet good aswell and it close to Broadway, Rockefeller Center, and has a subway station at the end of the street, 2 min walk Times Square. I stayed for 6 nights and i will be back. Lisa and John would like to Thank all the staff at the hotel for making our Holiday a very good one Thanks.
Ps be back Next Year

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnfarrell73
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for writing such a great review about your stay at The Sanctuary Hotel.

The staff will be so delighted to read about your comments. They strive to provide all our guests with the very best and I'm glad that we could make your experience memorable.

We hope to have you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our stay at the Sanctuary was only a short one night stay - but it was wonderful. From the minute we walked up to the stoop everyone was so helpful. We were greeted and directed where to go by the lovely door man/bell hop and the young lady at the front desk was equally as pleasant and helpful. Check in was a breeze and afterwards they showed us to our room. Our bags were delivered promptly, and we hit to town to find lunch. I wish I could remember the lunch place because I would plug it here - the sangria was TO DIE FOR and so so inexpensive.

The hotel was central to exactly what we (okay, I) was there for - BROADWAY. Just a short walk to the Gershwin Theatre :) and because it was so close we were able to go up to the rooftop bar for our complimentary glass of champagne before the show. We had some cocktails too, but I didn't particularly care for mine. Too sweet, though maybe I would have liked them more during spring or summer. Just didn't have many winter drink choices.

I left my very important, way over priced prescription sunglasses behind and being winter I didn't realize it until weeks later when I was preparing for a trip to the islands. I called and even though I couldn't remember my room they were able to confirm they had them! All I had to do was pay shipping and handling and I had them in time for my trip.

I definitely would recommend it, as it is a great place. The only negative thing I have to say is that the lobby smelled a little too strongly of cinnamon for my liking, but I think that is a small price to pay for excellent quality and service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We are excited to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.

Should your travels bring you back to New York City, please think of The Sanctuary. We would love to have you back for another "spectacular" visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the sanctuary for 3days with some friends hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel is very stylish if a little dark. Rooms are quiet small which is common in New York however the leatherette bed frames make it even smaller and I walked into them all the time. The roof top terrace is a great place to meet for a drink, only downside is all the space, tables and seating are reserved for private parties or after work drinks. We could only stand at the bar so only went once had one drink and left, it would be nice if residents could have somewhere to sit and enjoy a drink. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon H
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We will certainly look into other alternatives of accommodating our hotel guests when our rooftop lounge Haven is busy.

We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had been researching New York Hotels on TripAdvisor to plan a first time trip to New York with my daughter. I called the Sanctuary inquiring about the hotel, explaining that this was our first time visit. The reservations specialist, Steven, helped me above and beyond!!! It is a rarity these days to have excellent customer service. First time impressions can really make a difference. To be honest, the Sanctuary was not even on the radar, but after speaking with Steven and all wonderful people at the Sanctuary, I knew that my daughter and I would be taken care of during our visit. The decision was a no brainer! We are so excited to come to the Santuary!

And, as for you Steven...you deserve a raise...you are awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank e5c4p3
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the great feedback. It very rare that a future guests of ours take the time to write such a review before they even arrive.

We can't wait to have you and your daughter stay with us. I am confident that we will be able to create a memorable experience. See you soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had the pleasure of spending 10 days at The Sanctuary. Everything about this Hotel was fantastic. The location was perfect to the Theatre District, Subway, Rockefeller Center and an easy walk or MTA trip to anywhere we wanted to go. The Reception staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. The concierge staff, Jimmy and Brandon were a wealth of local knowledge and had access to those difficult to acquire Theatre Tickets. The doorman were always happy to see us and made us feel welcome. The Sanctuary certainly lived up to its name when we would return after a busy day. Walking along 47th Street we would see the red carpet and know peace and quiet and welcoming staff awaited us. We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to our friends and hope to return some day.

Room Tip: Sorry no pool. Clicked by mistake. Choose a Deluxe room. A little bigger than standard.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so delighted to know that your 10-day experience with us was such a fabulous one.

We appreciate your wonderful feedback and would love the opportunity to welcome you back for another great visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

From start to finish our day was delightful. Markees at the door greeted us with a smile and helped us in. Once inside the appearance of the decor and staff was so inviting. The front desk agent Jena informed us of all Sanctuary had to offer and how we can make sure our stay was everything we wanted. We enjoyed the location, Haven restaurant and all the staff's friendliness and eager to please attitude. I rate the Sanctuary five stars.

• Stayed: May 2014

We are ecstatic that we were able to provide you with the 5 star service that you deserve.

The staff make every effort to create an experience that is both unique and memorable. "Service Tailored to Any Request" is our motto, and we will continue to strive for the best possible experiences for our guests.

We hope to see you back with us soon.