“Masha the manager is a pro!”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #288 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, New York
“Masha the manager is a pro!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I am a platinum elite member and have been for roughy 9 years now! After spending over 800 nights in marriott's that span from Hawaii to Frankfurt this is by far the best service I have received!

The lobby is beautiful and every single staff member I came across has been spectacular.

Masha the manager is a top notch rock star! She truly has the spirit to serve to take care of each guest that walks through the lobby.

Well done with the renovation. This truly is manhattan's hidden gem!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Timmytravels1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I will be sure to share your kind words with Masha and the staff as well. I am very proud to hear that you like the new look of the hotel as we just went through a $46 million renovation. Thank you for being a loyal member of the Marriott family and hope to see you again soon!

Jim Marino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quincy, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in the city center. However, I encountered three problems during my recent stay. First, the pricing was not transparent: the rate that was quoted online turned out to be unavailable. Second, the room had not been cleaned for a while, and it was impossible to take a shower without making the bathroom floor wet, something for which I was apparently charged $50. Third, there was too much noise, both from the traffic in the street and the neighbors' conversations as well as the drilling next door. Unfortunately, the front desk, the reservations department, and the one manager I was able to to talk to declined to address these issues. If the management responds to this review, I would appreciate it if they could provide a phone number and an e-mail address where they can be reached.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex L
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered, and would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Reserved this on Priceline but a couple of days before arrival I checked hotel website and with AAA discount I could have got an even better deal. Arrived at hotel around 2:30 and we were given a room right away. Room was nice, a little small but we weren't planning to spend too much time in the room. Well equipped with iron and board, Hairdryer, free wifi, toiletries and safe. Bathroom size was fine and there was shelf space to lay things. Thee are 2 restaurants and a Starbucks on site but didn't try them. For breakfast there are couple of places across Lexington. There's also a Pret a Manger along Lexington just after 47th and a Cafe Metro on Lexington and 46th which we liked. All self service but with tables and the service was quick. Staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful although we had to ask twice to get an extra chair put in the room as there was only one. Only complaint I had, and I've had this in other hotels too, the bottom fitted sheet was too small for the bed and a couple of times during the night I had to get up and fix it. Other than that the bed was comfortable. Would not hesitate to go back here again but next time I'll keep an eye on the hotel website rates!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear WeeLuv2Travel2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad you had an enjoyable experience here. I will be sure to relay your concerns in regards to the bedding with the Housekeeping Department. I hope to see you again in the future!

Miller Place, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Lexington and 48th is a great location in NYC, especially around the holidays. This is one of Marriott's newest acquisitions, and since we own a few weeks of a Marriott Timeshare, we decided to try it. Unless you are staying in a suite, the rooms are pretty small. It is an older building, but was redone recently with a very modern twist. The hotel has the Marriott's same great service and employees, but I personally would not stay in this particular hotel again. My husband and I could hardly walk past each other in the room without bumping into each other!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kaasi49,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I will be sure to relay your kind words in regards to the service and staff to the team. Thank you for being a loyal member of the Marriott family and we hope that you will choose us again in the future should you find yourself in the Big Apple again.

enniskillen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

second time we have stayed in the Lexington and I must say we enjoyed it every bit as much as the first visit..rooms are small but adequate and spotlessly clean..this hotel is in a good location for sight seeing...only down side we ordered two glasses of sauvignon blanc and two sparkling water and it came to the grand sum of 52 dollars...phew

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear sheilaandjj,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel again, we are always glad to see familiar faces. I am very glad you enjoy your time here and please take advantage of our concierge team who will be more than happy to provide you with a variety of great places to go aroung the city! Hope to see you soon!

Marlton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a Platinum Lifetime Member. I have travelled and stayed all over the US in all kinds of situations.

My wife and I stayed here on Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving to try the hotel out and then move onto RI on Wednesday.

Valet was easy and helpful. Check-in at 9pm was easy with moderate business at the front desk. There was a rude and loud guest that cut the line looking to use a phone charger for his phone. Probably one of the tools that posts bad reviews on this site.

We were upgraded to a King room. Room was clean, modern, and comfy for a nights sleep. Bathroom was decent size and clean and updated. We don't spend all day in the bathroom and whine about the size like others here.

Got coffee at Starbucks in the am and left. Valet got the car as easy as we arrived.

Definitely worth staying here again as location was great, service was good, and hotel decor was stylish.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jesse A
Dear Jesse A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a good and easy time here. As we just went through a $46 million renovation, it is always good to hear that the guests are enjoying the decor and amenities of the hotel. Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and hope to see you soon!

Evanston, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I just got back from a stay at The Lexington, recently updated by Marriott and offered as part of their Autograph Collection. I was in the city to see some plays (Shakespeare's "12th Night" at The Belasco Theatre was within easy walking distance) and visit the Frick Collection museum. The Lexington met all of my expectations for a convenient hotel in East Midtown at a reasonable price. Staff were friendly and attentive. Recently renovated bathroom, though small, had great shower pressure, new hardware and furnishings all around, and was spotless. New flat panel TV, wall-mounted, had a wide selection of channels, including HBO. King bed was comfortable, and room HVAC controls worked flawlessly during a cold and rainy spell in November. Loved the framed clarinet reed on the wall that had a Jazz Age watercolor figurine on it---and the jazz paintings throughout the lobby areas. I will come back if I can continue to get the reasonable rates I found during this visit.

Grand Central Terminal is 3 or 4 blocks away---a great transit hub for getting around Manhattan or the region. And the Grand Central Oyster Bar, on the lower level of the station, is not to be missed for its fresh fish or its oyster stew, all in a grand setting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear ChicagoILTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a good time in NYC and hope that you enjoyed your plays as well. It is always great to hear of the guest's compliments of the hotel's amenities and features as we just went through a $46 million renovation. Since this hotel was built in the Jazz Age, we definitely try to channel that through the variety of art and events that we do here. I hope to see you again soon!