“Great location and wonderful staff”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #244 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Within walking distance of Grand Central Station, Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Central Park this is in a brilliant location. Through no fault of the hotel we were allocated a room with one bed for three adults, they found us a larger room and delivered a roll-away bed the first night then moved us the next day to a room with two beds ( no mean feat as this was over the busy Christmas period); thanks must go to Irena and Nora for sorting it out for us. The rooms we saw (all three of them) were very nice, clean, and tastefully furnished. We didn't use the restaurant because we were either out and about our found other local places to eat. One thing that would improve a stay would be the addition of a kettle in the room. Definitely would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear AnnabellaSwindon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I'm glad to hear that Irina and Nora were able to help you make your stay more comfortable! I will be sure to share your compliments with them. It's good to hear you had a great time in NYC, perhaps next time you can try our restaurants - Dynasty and Raffles. We are also more than happy to send anything extra that you would need in your room, so please don't hesitate to give Guest Services a call next time you're back! I hope to be able to welcome you to The Lexington again soon!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Lexington and loved it - it is now my favorite mid-town hotel! All of the staff were fantastic and very helpful. It was a snowy NYC weekend and the bellman was great in hailing us a taxi amidst all the competition for taxis! The concierge was very helpful in finding us find a perfect place for dinner. We loved the hotel decor and our room was well decorated and comfortable. Additionally the Lexington was perfectly located for our weekend activities. We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JDMort,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! It's great to hear that we are now your favorite Midtown hotel! I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to make your visit to NYC more comfortable. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was questioning whether to stay here or not based on some previous reviews but I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms are small but hey it's New York are you even in the room except to sleep and shower? I was in a double room with one of my best friends so it was perfect.

The Lexington is historic but modern. There is an in-room safe large enough for laptops but no coffee maker; there is a lobby Starbucks. It is a really cool property and I don't think you can beat the rates! The hotel is right next door to the Residence Inn and in the same block as the Marriott East side and Intercontinental Barclay. It is an easy walk to Times Square, Fifth Avenue and many major attractions.

The only issue I encountered was in Raffles, the restaurant. I am Platinum so they offer free breakfast or points. I wish I would have taken the points. There was an extremely long wait, in attentive staff that forgot our order and we barely got an apology. The food is edible but I am sure you will find a much better morning meal at one of the many nearby diners.

Overall, a great stay and I will probably return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback at The Lexington New York City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel as an Elite Member. I apologize for the service issue that you experienced one of our restaurants. We'll certainly addressed this with their management. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We booked three different type rooms during a family overnight in NYC, A cozy, a king and a double. The cozy was COZY, the king had a little more room and the double was more of a normal sized room. All were recently renovated, bathrooms were small, but practical.

Elevators were quick, which I always find important.

Hotel is in a great location. Short walk from the Rock Center tree and the sights of midtown.

Only complaint was check in. The two smaller rooms were available when we checked in. We had asked for rooms close together as we were traveling as a family. The third room we were told would be available at 3pm. We went at 3:30 and were told a room on our floor would only be available at 4:45. We want down at 4:45 and were then told they would not have any rooms available on the floor the other rooms were on. Seems no one noted it on the file, so whatever room we were supposed to have was given away.Annoying only because we could have checked in and used the room much earlier. We were traveling with small children, so the larger room to hang in would have been nice.

I would stay here again. Probably would spend a little more and get a double room or better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear MS64,

Thank you for taking the time ro provide us with your valuable feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - despite the hiccup during check in. I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Office staff so that we can improve on the issues you have mentioned for the future. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel is located close to the subway and has a Starbucks off the lobby which is very quaint with a lot of seating and a nice lobby bar. The rooms are somewhat small as is the bathroom, but this is a boutique type of hotel so that was to be expected. We had a room facing Lexington Ave that had nice views, but if you are noise sensitive ask for a higher floor. Would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback at The Lexington New York City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our décor, service and location. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Lobby was a zoo. Room walls are paper thin. Changed rooms and that didn't help. You can hear conversations from the hallway, from the room next door as well as a really loud rooftop ventilation system. They switched me from a noisy room to a noisier room! Would not stay here again and do not recommend unless you bring earplugs.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered, and would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived on queen mary 2 to stay in NYC for Xmas Considering this is a marriott autograph hotel I was generally disappointed. Small rooms. No room service. No tea making facilities until we asked. Restaurant run on a franchise basis ok for brunch but very expensive and mediocre. Considering this hotel is recommended by cunard not upto standard for price charged