“Great Location!”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #269 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I took my granddaughter to New York City to celebrate her Sweet 16th birthday. We decided to stay at the Lexington Hotel on 48th Street and Lexington. This hotel is conveniently located in midtown and is close to lots of attractions. When we opened our door upon arrival we found the hotel and left my granddaughter a balloon bouquet with a birthday cupcake! What a nice touch this was. We had a nice-sized room and everyone was polite and helpful. I would definitely stay at the Lexington again.

Room Tip: Request a microwave and refrigerator when booking. They are complimentary. Could save you some mon...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gul T, Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel so much. Please come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,536)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked this hotel on expedia for an overnight birthday celebration for my daughter. I found out that the room did not have two beds..I called the hotel and they upgraded me with no issues. Additionally, they went out of there way to fulfill all of my requests and added a special touch in the room for my daughter..baloons, a birthday cupcake, jelly beans and a lovely note.

The hotel has a very european feel and the lobby is full of life..the staff could not have been nicer..I especially want to thank Merita from VIP services for going out of her way to make us feel like royalty!

Room Tip: High floor corner room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jim M, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear travelmom1962,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm very glad to hear your had a great stay and will be sure to share your compliments with Merita. I hope to see you at our hotel again soon - Happy New Year!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I just spent 3 nights here between Xmas and NYE. The location is excellent for midtown access to Broadway and Times Square while far enough away not to be caught up in the maelstrom of blinding lights and swarming humanity. The hotel was intensly busy (as per the time of year) but they offer a Platinum desk that does a great job of assisting seasoned travellers. The regular king size room is typically NY small so ask for larger king size that offers 100 sq feet of extra room and 2 bathrooms!!
The bar area is ok and they provide you with coupons for a full breakfast in the adjoining Raffles diner which was a good deal. Autographs do not have a concierge club which is a drawback for some of us. The prices are typical for NYC and the actual concierge lady was quite helpful. In fact, the whole staff were extremely friendly and helpful, which, for NYC, is somewhat unusual.

Dear ColmK667,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and had a nice experience here. I will be sure to share your kind words to the staff and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked The Lexington Autograph collection for our recent trip to NYC right after Thanksgiving. This was my fiancé's first trip to NYC so I wanted it to be a great experience. The Lexington is well located, only about 7 blocks from Times Square, 2 blocks from Rockefeller Center and about a 15 minute walk to the United Nations campus.

The green line is 2 blocks away making subway travel very easy, it was also extremely easy to catch a cab or utilize my favorite car service, Uber.

The hotel was well appointed, the lobby had obviously been recently renovated and made for a great first impression. We were upgraded to a corner room which helped make the normally small NYC hotel room feel a bit more spacious and inviting. The hotel also comped us breakfast for the entire 5 day stay. By my estimates this was about $125 worth of food. The service was excellent the entire time we were there, except for one evening when we requested a cork screw and did not receive one.

The room was nice, very well appointed and decorated in a very nice fashion. Definitely nice touches for what was obviously an older building. The bed was extremely comfortable. I never heard the neighbors which was greatly appreciated. The view, while not great was not bad either, we were looking right down Lexington Ave which was amusing if a bit loud at times. All in all it was a great hotel and provided easy access to all areas of the city, it was very simply to go out in the morning, come back for a quick rest and be out in the afternoon and evening and never be far away from the action.

Room Tip: Corner room was excellent and more spacious than a standard room. We were on the 27th floor and stil...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear IHInternational,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am happy to hear that you loved our location and that you had a good visit to NYC. As we just went through a major renovation, we are always very proud to hear compliments of the decor and overall aesthetic and functionality of our hotel. I hope to welcome you back to The Lexington NYC very soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

First up, the location is outstanding, just a few minutes walk to everywhere, but nicely removed from the overcrowding in Rockefeller and Times Square. The property itself is nicely done, rooms are a bit small (common in NYC), but the lobby was always overcrowded. We were there on a bad week maybe, but the front desk always had a queue, the concierge only seemed to work part time and there was always some tour group or another arriving or departing. Pre-arrival requests were only partially accommodated, meaning our children had to share a bed some rooms distant, but Xmas week seemed to be very busy all over town. We were on the 11th floor, and the basement nightclub was clearly audible until 2:30am on our first night.

No room service and no mini-bar, but as Marriott members we got free and reliable in-room wifi, unlike other guests who seemed to be dependent on the lobby for this. Midweek rates were good, but weekend was very expensive. We were happy with the 'average' price, but better options can be had for the $350+ per night they were asking over Fri/Sat.

Room Tip: Higher floors may offer an escape from the noise of the basement nightclub
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your family’s stay at The Lexington NYC. I wanted to inform you that we have now opened our Elite Member Check in Desk, dedicated to our valued members. We have also initiated our personalized pre-arrival e-mails where you can directly connect with our Elite Loyalty Club Manager for your requests.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We called well in advance and are platinum members so we would have expected a room in which the two of us could stand up at the same time. This is NY and it was Christmas week so we made allowances and did not complain. However later, when checking out and eaves dropping on the elite concierge, I heard her being very accommodating to those who were checking in and requested something a bit larger. Next time I will ask for something a bit larger. That being said, the hotel is very festive, the decor funky and interesting, the rooms immaculate, bed and sheets were very comfortable and the service very nice. The walls are probably thinner than we would like and the room was constantly cold because of the windows which was poorly sealed and did not block out city noises as some windows do. It is well located if you in town during the holidays and want to spend a lot of time admiring the decorations. I would stay here again but would need to know the dimensions of the room or ask for one of those rooms with two bathrooms!

Room Tip: Call down to the front desk immediately if there is a draft from the windows. It doesn't take mu...

Dear ViviColumbiaMaryland,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff and address the issues you have mentioned to the appropriate Departments so that we can use your feedback to further improve on guest service. Please reach out to the hotel prior to your next visit and we will try our best to accomodate your requests. I hope to welcome you back to The Lexington very soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Hotel was perfectly located in the heart of the shopping district and near Rockefeller Plaza. The rooms were small but well appointed. The staff, particularity the concierge, was wonderful. The restaurant had a very good breakfast, but other meals.... find somewhere else. We had difficulty getting WIFI in our rooms, never did get access. The staff had to come to set up the TV for a movie we ordered, said it would be free and charged us anyway. We had the charge removed with no issues. The drinks in the bar were very very expensive. Tasty, but come too high. I guess it is NYC. What do we expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear gogo2002,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving and that you enjoyed your meals at Raffles. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and will be sure to work with the respective Department Heads involved to further improve our guests' hotel experience. I hope to welcome you back soon!