“exceptional value”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #260 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Lexington was truly a wonderful surprise. The location was perfect for me as I had business near Grand Central Station. I was actually a bit concerned becasue of the low rate. My concerns were misguided. Check in was smooth and friendly. My room was larger than I expected perfectly clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was large as well and spotless. The fitness center was well equipped and clean as well. Well done, Lexington New York City!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 1goirish
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and decor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,689)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband & I enjoyed a night at this hotel
Room was small but had everything you could need
The front desk and checkin was excellent
The room was immaculate
Very nice fitness room
Nice little lounge/bar in the lobby
even had a keurig coffee pot in the room
Walking distance to many restaurants and Grand Central
Would definitely stay here again

2  Thank MoMc
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Hello MoMc,

I am so glad that you and your husband were able to enjoy all of the great service and amenities that the hotel has to offer! We all can't wait to be able to host you guys again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came to NYC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary and my partner's birthday. The front desk upgraded us and sent a complimentary bottle of wine to the room. That was just the start to a great NYC weekend. The room was super clean. The staff was polite and helpful. Our room was huge, especially for NYC. The bathroom was huge too! The towels were thick and soft. The only issue was that the handle on our dresser drawer was broken, but we didn't complain....everything else was too good and we didn't want to change rooms. We will be staying there again for sure!

Room Tip: We were in an upgraded king. If you are going for a special reason, let them know. You might get...
2  Thank Mike M
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi Mike M,

We are happy to host you and your partner for your anniversary! I am so pleased we were able to make it memorable and that you both enjoyed your time here. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This property was exceptionally well maintained and the staff made my stay enjoyable. The price was fair, but good for New York City, Service was very, very good and the staff really seemed to care. The rooms were really small, but I did not stay in my room much due to a trade show. The only drawback here is that this is the noisiest city and location that I have ever been in with the exception of a few oversees cities where everything was downtown. grand central station is down the street and you can actually hear and feel the subway shake when it goes by underground at all hours of the night. Restaurant was not bad and the bar was very nice. overall a very good stay with very nice staff!!!

Room Tip: Ask the staff where to go if your a tourist. this hotel is located within easy cab rides to anywhere...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ikeamillion

Hello Ikeamillion,

Thank you for posting and all of your great feedback. Next time you come to visit, we will be happy to place you on a higher floor to minimize the noise of the hustle and bustle of NYC!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I reviewed hotels in New York to book for my Birthday Vacation and chose The Lexington. I was very pleased once I arrived! Krunal assisted me and booked me for an exceptional room on the top floor. Irina provided me with Champagne to celebrate my momentous occasion. The hotel altogether was phenomenal and I'm glad I chose to stay at The Lexington!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hello jcjackson85,

Happy Birthday again! I am so glad we were able to help you celebrate and we can't wait to see you again soon. Even if it is not a special occasion, we will make you feel like it is!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed over a wintery weekend in January and everything in this hotel was good. Front desk people & bellmen are great, the lobby is a nice place to wait for someone & has a stand up computer for checking in for flights & printing boarding passes. The room was super clean & a decent size. I did not ask for a view but had a nice open vista with good light. Easy walk to MOMA, Grand Central, all of midtown. I got a great deal on short notice and will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cynthia h
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I am so glad that you thought that the staff were helpful and friendly. We do have the capability of printing boarding passes in the lobby and have received a lot f positive comments on it.
We would look forward to seeing you back during the summer where you can enjoying visiting even more local attractions.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

First time in New York and I must say this is a great place for the price. Recently renovated with nice clean rooms. Rooms are a little small but that is expected with any older hotel in the city. Excellent lounge and bar in the lobby. Would definitely go back!

1  Thank Mike D

Hello Mike D,

Thanks for taking the time to post! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your first time in the Big Apple!