My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the long weekend. Here's a summary of our stay:
Great location. Just a short 5 min walk to the subway (grand central station) and about 20 min walk to times square. The direct vicinity is around several hotels and offices and is not in a extremely high traffic area compared to say times square. But there are still bars, clubs and restaurants within a short walking distance away.
The front desk was friendly but fairly standard. Nothing bad or spectacular about it. The only qualm was one night where the cleaners forgot to give us towels. We called the front desk late at night and it took about 15 mins for somebody to come.
Decor and Comfort:
The hotel definitely has interesting and trendy decor. The building itself looks fairly dated but it's got a face lift with posters, pictures and trendy furniture. The rooms were small but sufficient for what we need. The AC/heating could've worked a little better. There was no exhaust in the washroom so it steamed up after a shower and smelled if someone used the toilet. You can also see a bit of mold on the window frame too in the washroom, likely due to no ventilation.
You have to pay to use Wifi in the room but there is free wifi in the lobby. Valet parking is $55/day. We parked at a nearby parking lot and saved a bit of money by walking to the hotel. There is a starbucks right downstairs - very convenient. They also have a bar on ground floor, concierge & business center but I never used them.
Can't beat the location. It was one of the cheaper hotels in the area and considering we only used the hotel to sleep, it was fine for what it was. Aside from the interesting decor, the hotel itself was fairly average so it was fine for what we needed it to be. It's closed to the subway and restaurants and very convenient to get around.
I didn't it because it didn't affect me, but there is a nightclub next door and the music gets very loud in the lobby at night. Our room was high up so I didn't hear it but I guess if you were in the lower levels, it would bother you. While the hotel has nice decor, you can tell it is a little dated. No exhaust in the washroom was a obvious flaw.
Overall you're looking for a hotel with a great location and do not care much about the hotel itself, this is a good suggestion. If you are the type to enjoy amenities in the hotel and care more about the quality and comfort of the hotel itself, there are probably better options out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown's fashionable East Side, The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection debuted as part of the Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in summer 2013 after an extensive $46 million dollar transformation project. Our Midtown Manhattan hotel's full-service accommodations sit in a 28-story building offering 725 guestrooms and suites, with some featuring two baths or balconies. The Lexington Hotel New York City, Autograph Collection is steps from the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal and Park Avenue, and is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters/Times Square, and many museums. The revitalized hotel has been completely transformed and is a great choice for business and leisure visitors looking for an upscale, iconic New York City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Radisson Hotel
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Lexington New York