“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #291 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Diego, California
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff made my stay really memorable. The guest services manager Irene Borukhov took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. The hotel is in a perfect location, outside of Times Square but still easily accessible to everything you need or want in New York City. I will definitely be returning for my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you would return again. I am also happy that our Guest Service Manager, Irene, was able to assist you with your requests, I will be sure to let her know of your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Gul Turkmenoglu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I got the junior suit for 2 days. The room was pretty small, I can only imagine how small the regular rooms are. When we first arrived no one helped us with the bags, which i found weird for a 4 star hotel. Room was clean though. Bed was ok. You can purchase wifi in the room starting at around $13 per day, but this option allows you to connect to only 1 device. The hotel was stingy with the in-room stuff. No coffee unless you call for it even though machine was there. Only one small soap that your suppose to use for showering and washing your hand. Barely any towels.
What really bothered me the most though is when we checked out, they asked for $2 per bag for storage.. I mean I know $2 is nothing, but how cheap must a hotel be to charge customers for that?? its really low for them to ask for storage money i believe. I would have honestly tipped them way more if they havent. I stayed in W, Marriott, Hilton before and all were better than this! I suggest you find another hotel..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shoukry A
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry for the unfortunate issues you experienced with our service, and I understand your frustration. We take great pride in our housekeeping services and the cleanliness of our hotel so I was particularly disappointed to learn of this situation. We will continue to make every effort to ensure that all of our guest rooms receive the appropriate housekeeping attention, especially after any work is performed. With regard to the fee for bag storage, although not every hotel may have this charge, it is in fact quite customary in New York City.

We do hope you consider staying with us again for a renewed experience.

Banbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent four nights at this hotel at the beginning of May. The hotel decor throughout is nice and clean appearing. We had to change room when we arrived as the room we were given on the fourth floor had a big ventilation type system making a loud noise right outside our window. Reception advised they were pretty much fully booked so the best they could do was give us a room on the third floor facing the street - which was fine with us and much quieter. Room was small, however, everything we needed as we were not planning on spending much time in the room. On our 2nd night my wife had a medical issue which the staff where extremely helpful with. They helped us get medical assistance very quickly and were very supportive and helpful. The following day Marie the manager called us to check if everything was okay. They were very thoughtful and caring throughout and made us feel very important which was really good. Overall we had a good stay and felt for NY prices this was decent value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us. First and foremost, I am sorry to hear that your wife experienced a medical issue but I am delighted that she received the proper treatment and is now well. I will convey your appreciation and kind sentiments to our staff, especially Marie, our Asst. Front Office Manager. I do apologize for you having to change rooms, I know that can be an inconvenience, but I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the rest of your time with us. The issue with the vent has been directed to Engineering and is being handled so that it will not be a problem for future guests.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Godmanchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in May. I agree with others that its tired with a very busy lobby area.
$449 + taxes per night is not what I would call cheap as all you get is the room. Nothing else included as is normal in the USA.

The pipes were knocking in the night (not just my room but a colleagues as well) and the large air con units out the rear are loud enough to wake the street, let alone those sleeping near it.

It may have been redecorated but still looks old and probably living on its reputation from years ago and the Marilyn Monroe link.

Would I stay there again? If it was a lot cheaper I would consider it but there are better hotels in the city

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and comments. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, and would be more than happy to speak to you personally about your stay with us. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

But if you dig deeper, you'll find a hotel that's getting tired. Lovely room but bad mattress, window that wouldn't shut, old lumpy pillows, broken bathroom faucet. Very crowded lobby. I will say the staff was very professional and courteous.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 93620
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconviences you encountered, and would be more than happy to speak to you personally about your stay. Feel free to contact me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited this hotel in May 2014, the hotel had recently had a refurb and was beautiful way above normal New York Standards and although expensive it was cheap for New York and the bed although small extremely comfortable. All staff amazing

Room Tip: If your are an early arrival staff will bend over to assist you which is very rare
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terrytach
Thank you for your positive feedback and comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward welcoming you back!

McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked a two night stay at the Lexington Hotel through priceline.com. We were so pleased with the staff, the doorman Derrick (& all the guys) were kind and helpful hailing a cab. The free breakfast was fast and yummy! Overall a fantastic stay in the bright, clean, artsy decor Hotel. We will definitely go again. Thank you wonderful staff for making us feel welcome!

Room Tip: I saw they had rooms with big balconys, that would be nice for our next stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank We4davis
Thank you for your positive feedback and comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal, and that our door staff were able to assist you. We look forward to your return visit.