“Incredibly noisy hotel though great location”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #269 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Do not stay at this hotel if you are in New York on business and need to sleep. The first room i stayed in was on the 12th Floor on Lexington.
Very very noisy all night and early morning with traffic etc. noises outside.
The noise felt like it was in the room.
You can hear people talking in the surrounding rooms.
Very small room and bed.
I asked to be moved the next morning because of the noise and i was told that i would have to come back between 3pm and 6pm to do that. That does not help you if you are working during the day.
The second room they put me in was on the 16th floor and there was no outside street noise.
However this room backed on to the elevators and so that was loud constant noise.
6am in the morning the adjoining room would have a shower. there was a cutout room in my room which was their bathroom so again so noisy.
The air conditioner again very noisy...i don't need it on when i sleep but if you do...
Again you could hear the people in the adjoining room.
It is in a great location
However I would not stay here again as a newly decorated lobby cannot make up for an old and noisy hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and comments. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and welcome you to contact me directly to discuss these further. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Gul Turkmenoglu

Write a ReviewReviews (3,536)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful!!! It's older and has been updated so it's the authentic feel of New York City - chic & stylish decor within an architectural beauty. I just loved it. The price wasn't bad at all for what we got. The room was beautiful and could not have been more comfortable. The lobby was also beautiful with lots of places for socializing. The bar drink prices were high, that would be my only critical comment but for a posh, stylish bar at night, I shouldn't have been surprised at the price for wine & a mixed drink. The atmosphere made it worth it anyways. The staff was great, we didn't have a lot of interaction with them because we had nothing to ask for or complain about! I will always remember this hotel as one of our best finds. I went with my husband and our ten year old. I heard from another guest there's a great workout room but I never made it to see for myself.

Room Tip: We asked for the highest floor available and got a corner room - view was wonderful of city life.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5-Star Rating! We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and comments, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so comfortable, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again, and hope that next time you will have a chance to enjoy the fitness center.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Who can complain about being across from the Waldorf hotel? Hard to do. So yes this is in the middle of it all but the rooms are small and either you have street noise, unless you are very high up, or you have the constant drone of the huge fans in the back.
The place is very clean and the beds are good. Did I mention the location?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We appreciate your feedback and positive comments, and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased, too, that you found our location to be so convenient and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Gul Turkemoglu

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Lexington is a reasonably priced property with relatively small rooms (and I'm a lifetime platinum member so God knows what the regular rooms look like). If you are looking for a place to sleep and don't mind small quarters, it is well located.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at The Lexington in May 2014. Lobby was nice to look at, but was very busy! Room was small, bathroom very small! Bedding was comfortable and the room was clean. This hotel underwent a major renovation recently. Looks nice, but money should have been invested into installing insullated windows ... outside noise is very loud. Between the cars beeping and the whistles blowing by the bell hop, it was very difficult to go to sleep! The location was a little too far for my taste. I enjoy being closer to Times Square and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Lexington Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and would be more than happy to discuss your stay personally with you. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff made my stay really memorable. The guest services manager Irene Borukhov took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. The hotel is in a perfect location, outside of Times Square but still easily accessible to everything you need or want in New York City. I will definitely be returning for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you would return again. I am also happy that our Guest Service Manager, Irene, was able to assist you with your requests, I will be sure to let her know of your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I got the junior suit for 2 days. The room was pretty small, I can only imagine how small the regular rooms are. When we first arrived no one helped us with the bags, which i found weird for a 4 star hotel. Room was clean though. Bed was ok. You can purchase wifi in the room starting at around $13 per day, but this option allows you to connect to only 1 device. The hotel was stingy with the in-room stuff. No coffee unless you call for it even though machine was there. Only one small soap that your suppose to use for showering and washing your hand. Barely any towels.
What really bothered me the most though is when we checked out, they asked for $2 per bag for storage.. I mean I know $2 is nothing, but how cheap must a hotel be to charge customers for that?? its really low for them to ask for storage money i believe. I would have honestly tipped them way more if they havent. I stayed in W, Marriott, Hilton before and all were better than this! I suggest you find another hotel..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shoukry A
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry for the unfortunate issues you experienced with our service, and I understand your frustration. We take great pride in our housekeeping services and the cleanliness of our hotel so I was particularly disappointed to learn of this situation. We will continue to make every effort to ensure that all of our guest rooms receive the appropriate housekeeping attention, especially after any work is performed. With regard to the fee for bag storage, although not every hotel may have this charge, it is in fact quite customary in New York City.

We do hope you consider staying with us again for a renewed experience.