“Nice But Small Room”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #277 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Apropos to a Marriott property, this was a well-put-together hotel. Nice room, but like many of this vintage in New York City it was on the small side. But it was well furnished with nice touches.

Our room came with breakfast coupons (Marriott Gold member) for the coffee shop that was part of the hotel. The options for the breakfast was unimpressive.

The hook up for wi-fi service is overly complicated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We appreciate your feedback and positive comments. We hope to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Recent trip to NYC, the big Apple, with a one night stop over and use of conference room at The Lexington. Great for mid town attractions. Conference facilities and breakfast good. Major issue with the room (5th floor), which sat on top of two huge extractor fans. Any room facing out back I would recommend against. Noise was significant and enough to disrupt the best of sleepers.
Shame. Better windows and air con would be better for those rooms with proximity to the fans.

Room Tip: Choose room to front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you did experience, and welcome you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss it further. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Lex is an Autograph Collection hotel, and it does have some character to it. We had a very nice room howbeit somewhat small. We liked the location as it was not right on busy Times Square and was a short walk away from the subway stations. All in all, a decent hotel (with NYC prices).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC. Both large and smaller boutique hotels like this one. For the price, the Lexington is a poor value. The rooms are very small and and in the process of renovation. I was moved 3 times to 3 different floors during check in told each time my room would be ready within an hour. They comp me a cocktail for raising my expectation and inconvenience. My bathroom shower was dirty and full of hair. Obvious they rushed to get the room ready. When I stepped outside to ask the bellhop to hail me a cab there was a line and he took his time in the rain with no umbrella.
I'm staying here for 3 nights and this is only my first night.
Awful experience would NOT stay here again for $332 a night. Too many other good options to choose from with better service and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to better serve you. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and welcome you to contact me to discuss these further. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

No not across from the Waldorf, Waldorf Astoria is 2 blocks away.
Very nice hotel, staff are very nice, very small rooms but clean (smallest I have ever stayed at for a Marriott).
They don't recognize Marriott Platinum Members, Queen size room was $550 plus all those NY Taxes, Parking is $60 for a car, drinks at the bar are $8 for 12oz Bud light Draught, $10 for 12oz Sam Adams and $15 for a 4oz (Not 5oz) glass of Pinot or Chardonnay (two sips and their gone) plus 18% built on for slow and very unfriendly delivery (Crazy), then a person in my party pushed the table with her foot accidently (Tables move very easily watch out, spilled the newly delivered 4oz wine, it was her first drink of the evening and they charged us for it.
I hope I get a request from Marriott to rate this one, wont go back in a hurry, Marriott Hotel is next door across from the Intercontinental (where President Obama was staying that created some major traffic problems) Waldorf Astoria next to that was booked solid.
NY seems to be very pricey but $15 for 4oz wine! most I paid all week in NY.
Look out NY and the Lexington you might be pricing your way out of the Tourism business!

Room Tip: No pool, No SPA, No Night Club.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve you. I welcome you to contact me directly to personally discuss your experience with us. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Do not stay at this hotel if you are in New York on business and need to sleep. The first room i stayed in was on the 12th Floor on Lexington.
Very very noisy all night and early morning with traffic etc. noises outside.
The noise felt like it was in the room.
You can hear people talking in the surrounding rooms.
Very small room and bed.
I asked to be moved the next morning because of the noise and i was told that i would have to come back between 3pm and 6pm to do that. That does not help you if you are working during the day.
The second room they put me in was on the 16th floor and there was no outside street noise.
However this room backed on to the elevators and so that was loud constant noise.
6am in the morning the adjoining room would have a shower. there was a cutout room in my room which was their bathroom so again so noisy.
The air conditioner again very noisy...i don't need it on when i sleep but if you do...
Again you could hear the people in the adjoining room.
It is in a great location
However I would not stay here again as a newly decorated lobby cannot make up for an old and noisy hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and comments. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and welcome you to contact me directly to discuss these further. You may reach me at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful!!! It's older and has been updated so it's the authentic feel of New York City - chic & stylish decor within an architectural beauty. I just loved it. The price wasn't bad at all for what we got. The room was beautiful and could not have been more comfortable. The lobby was also beautiful with lots of places for socializing. The bar drink prices were high, that would be my only critical comment but for a posh, stylish bar at night, I shouldn't have been surprised at the price for wine & a mixed drink. The atmosphere made it worth it anyways. The staff was great, we didn't have a lot of interaction with them because we had nothing to ask for or complain about! I will always remember this hotel as one of our best finds. I went with my husband and our ten year old. I heard from another guest there's a great workout room but I never made it to see for myself.

Room Tip: We asked for the highest floor available and got a corner room - view was wonderful of city life.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5-Star Rating! We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and comments, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so comfortable, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again, and hope that next time you will have a chance to enjoy the fitness center.