I want to start off by saying it was my second time staying at The Lexington. I stayed last there last summer for about a week and it was great, no problems at all. They let me check in early which was great (but before they let me check in early they asked if it was my first time staying there, which it was).
When we stayed the second time, the check in process was not as pleasant and it pretty much left my friend and I pretty pissed off. We got there around 12 and asked if early check in was available, we had walked 30 minutes to get there so we were hoping for early check in because we were exhausted. It was mid February so it was cold! The receptionist asked if it was our first time at the hotel...I said no, she then proceeded to tell me that our room was not ready so we had to wait til 3 to check in. My friend & I decided to go to the second floor where they have a seating area overlooking the first floor. As we watched people come in to check in we noticed that every single person was getting their keys and were able to check in early (we also noticed that these people that were getting early check in had nice expensive handbags and luggage so we both felt as if they were getting early check in because they were classified as more important or something?!?! mind you my friend and I had bookbags because we were only staying one night) Did we not look classy enough or something?! It really ticked us off! So we decided to go and ask for early check in again....(no more than 30 minutes had passed) We were greeted by a different person who said oh yes your room is ready and let us check in early. I can only assume that the other receptionist just didn't want to let us check in early for whatever reason!
Other than that the room was spacious, we booked a double room and the view was decent. The room was also very clean and the location of the hotel is great. You are walking distance from Times Square and 5th ave! The hotel also has a Starbucks on the first floor which is convenient. It also has two restaurants which you can access from inside the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown's fashionable East Side, The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection debuted as part of the Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in summer 2013 after an extensive $46 million dollar transformation project. Our Midtown Manhattan hotel's full-service accommodations sit in a 28-story building offering 725 guestrooms and suites, with some featuring two baths or balconies. The Lexington Hotel New York City, Autograph Collection is steps from the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal and Park Avenue, and is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters/Times Square, and many museums. The revitalized hotel has been completely transformed and is a great choice for business and leisure visitors looking for an upscale, iconic New York City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Radisson Hotel
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Lexington New York