“Beautiful hotel but reception was NOT great. . .”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #283 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Beautiful hotel but reception was NOT great. . .”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I want to start off by saying it was my second time staying at The Lexington. I stayed last there last summer for about a week and it was great, no problems at all. They let me check in early which was great (but before they let me check in early they asked if it was my first time staying there, which it was).

When we stayed the second time, the check in process was not as pleasant and it pretty much left my friend and I pretty pissed off. We got there around 12 and asked if early check in was available, we had walked 30 minutes to get there so we were hoping for early check in because we were exhausted. It was mid February so it was cold! The receptionist asked if it was our first time at the hotel...I said no, she then proceeded to tell me that our room was not ready so we had to wait til 3 to check in. My friend & I decided to go to the second floor where they have a seating area overlooking the first floor. As we watched people come in to check in we noticed that every single person was getting their keys and were able to check in early (we also noticed that these people that were getting early check in had nice expensive handbags and luggage so we both felt as if they were getting early check in because they were classified as more important or something?!?! mind you my friend and I had bookbags because we were only staying one night) Did we not look classy enough or something?! It really ticked us off! So we decided to go and ask for early check in again....(no more than 30 minutes had passed) We were greeted by a different person who said oh yes your room is ready and let us check in early. I can only assume that the other receptionist just didn't want to let us check in early for whatever reason!

Other than that the room was spacious, we booked a double room and the view was decent. The room was also very clean and the location of the hotel is great. You are walking distance from Times Square and 5th ave! The hotel also has a Starbucks on the first floor which is convenient. It also has two restaurants which you can access from inside the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank edithmeli
John T, Managing Director at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent experience at the Lexington NYC. I am delighted that you were a return guest, however, I was disappointed to learn that you were less than satisfied on this recent visit. Please be assured that we treat all guests with the same equal respect, so I was especially sorry to hear about your experience at check-in. I welcome you to contact me to personally discuss this issue. You may reach me at jtrovato@lexingtonnyc.com.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our room was really small, but it is New York... so you can't expect big rooms. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was really weird. The bathroom was so small and the ledge on the shower/tub was so high that we had a very difficult time getting in and out of the shower. It was really strange. It also was not cleaned to my satisfaction. There were brown streaks running down the door facing of the bathroom. It really creeped me out, so I cleaned them off. I am hopeful that they were only due to the extremely high humidity in the bathroom as there is no vent, fan or any type of ventilation. We had a "corner" room, so maybe those rooms are strange. I would recommend checking on that before you book a room. Our room was very quiet. The lobby was very crowded and we had to wait a long time for elevators as they don't seem to accommodate the number of people that need to use them. The location was not great for what we needed to do and where we needed to go, but that was a mistake on my part. We got a good rate and I would not say that this is a terrible place to stay, but not sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are valuable as they will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, and want to assure you that your comments are being addressed by the appropriate staff.

We hope you will consider staying with us again for a renewed experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a great mid-town location for either business, or tourists. It has the conveniences offered by Marriott, but with a boutique feel. Grand Central Station is only a few blocks away and it's an easy walk to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and Times Square. The rooms are average size for New York but very nicely decorated and appointed. The lobby has a great vibe -- it's very open and there are lots of communal areas. I do wish that the restaurant and bar were open later. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased that we exceeded your expectations with our customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington NYC.

Dallas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been staying here every week since February for business and it's a standard NYC hotel. Every room varies in size, typical rooms are very small, although some are larger. Some weeks the room is cleaner than others. The staff is accommodating, ask for a refridgerator if needed, good midtown location near subways. Although the hotel was recently modernized it lacks some details in design probably because it's old. Some rooms are ridiculously tiny and you can hear everything in the hallways. I only stay here to get points but there are better overall hotels on the same block.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gul T, Assistant General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our services. We strive continuosly to improve the quality and level of our services, so we especially appreciate your comments.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington NYC.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

tidy rooms.. great atmosphere in lobby and bar.. perfect location
loved it
I knew that hotel rooms in NY are small but the good thing is that the harmony in the room was great.
central station just 3 blocks away.
I tried the restaurant it was good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Magaly J
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mrs_Hawes
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here during the freak snow in January! The hotel itself is stunning, rooms smaller than expected as this was my 3rd visit to New York.
Staff incredible helpful, in my eyes the only downfall was that the bar wasn't open till mid afternoon and wasn't widely advertise that there was a room service option.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all of our guests. We take pride in the quality of our product and services, which reflects our commitment and loyalty to our customers, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcomng you back to the Lexington NYC.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at The Lexington twice this year for pleasure weekends.
Love the location, have been fortunate to get an upgraded room, so accommodations have been very good. For NYC, price, etc is very good and we recommend it. It's not the Waldorf or Pierre, but it's a good value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We appreciate your loyalty and are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington NYC.