“Pretty good overall”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #279 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Overall my experience was really good. I loved the location, got a decent price for the room and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a larger room which we were delighted with. The service we got was generally good - excellent in most experiences with reception.

Things I liked;
Coffee maker and fridge provided on request
Plenty of towels
Comfortable bed
Large room

Issues
The maid left me a note telling me to 'watch the colour on the sheets' with regards my false tan. I have worn false tan for years and have travelled a lot. I appreciate it isn't amazing to get it on the sheets but it washes out and I've never before been left a note from a cleaner with regards to it.

We had to ask for coffee pods every night - the maid never left these. On two occasions when we asked they arrived at our room with tea pods - nice but not what we asked for.

The most frustrating issue was that I was asked for a credit card on arrival for any charges. I expected this and gave a particular card which I had a certain amount of credit on for something else. When we went to check out we were informed that we had already paid. I couldn't understand what had happened - apparently with bookings over a certain amount they charge the card you provided during the stay. I hadn't been informed of this and was frustrated that the wrong card had therefore been charged. They reversed the payment on request but it resulted in me not being able to use my card elsewhere as planned as the refund hadn't completed.

WIFI in the lobby was decent but I did miss having WIFI in the room which I'm used to having in other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear NYAddictBelfast,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad you had an enjoyable time in NYC. Please be assured that your comments will be relayed to the appropriate Department Heads so that they can be addressed to further improve out guests' experience at the hotel. I appreciate your time in providing us your thoughts on your stay and hope to welcome you back soon for a renewed experience of The Lexington NYC.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am very pleased with my stay at the Lexington NYC. We arrived at about 1:30 am on Saturday morning, and the front desk clerk checked us in without issue. Our room, while small (but normal for New York City), was well-appointed. We received a very good price for the hotel, and staff members were courteous, helpful, and informative.

If I had to suggest anything, I would suggest that the Lexington find space in the room for a small refrigerator and honor bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John T, Managing Director at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Lexington Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and your kinds words about our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

One of the quietest hotels I've been in, in NYC.
pick the 37th St. side above the 19th floor

The bathroom door had a smoky Glass insert. So when someone is in the bathroom the bedroom is lit up through the door.
The switch for the bathroom light is on the wall outside of the bathroom, so when you turn the light on, it lights up the room even more.

I will be I staying there again, because it was so quiet, comfortable and clean.
but
next time, I’ll bring a sleep mask to block out the bathroom light coming through the door.

Room Tip: pick the 37 street side above the 19th floor - it's quite
1  Thank nealdd

Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, Your feedback is important and will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests.

We look forwarfd to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

the hotel looks unique especially the lobby.room is average in size.bed/pillows(lumpy as per my wife) not as comfortable as other hotel chains(surprisingly different from other Marriot chains).I was kind of disappointed to find out that there was no coffee maker in the room for the amt they charge every night(even a small motel have 1 even how mediocre the place is).location is close to the main attraction areas and the #6 train.I don't know if it is too much for the management to provide coffee in the lobby or even a cold water dispenser(with lemon) to its patrons to make up for not having a coffee maker in each room especially at the peak of summer(I'm sure this would go a long way towards patrons satisfaction & for the management thoughtfulness).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your comments are important and will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel for a renewed experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We loved it! We weren't sure what to expect, but took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. Good location a few blocks from 5th Ave and Central Park. The Lex has been nicely renovated recently and it was quite charming. And the best was the value - a nice queen room for "only" $159 in the city! We got a room on the 27th floor, away from the street noise. Room was somewhat small, but that's old Manhattan and not a problem for us. Decor was lovely, a/c worked (TG!), bed was comfy, bathroom small but well appointed. Bellmen held our bags for us after we checked out for $2/bag. Free wi-fi in lobby but not in the rooms. Lots of people hanging out in the lobby and adjacent bar made it lively. We'd stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor to be away from NYC street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
John T, Managing Director at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the 4-star review and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we offer, so we are especially pleased to have exceeded your expectations and appreciate your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 days and it was fantastic. Clean Rooms and very easy to get anywhere in the city we wanted to go. Easy walk to Times Square and right next to the subway. For the $$ I don't know I would stay anywhere else. Also, they don't advertise this, but they are a Marriott property. Also has a Starbucks in the lobby.....Double Bonus!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your experience was memorable and that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We just spent 4 nights at the Lexington Autograph and loved it. The room was large, bathtub deep, bed was fabulous, hallways very quiet, staff couldnt' do enough to make our stay great. The gym is probably one of the best I've worked out at in a hotel - well fitted, and used by many of the guests. We ran out of towels on Sunday and there were none on Monday which was an issue for a few guests..it you provide towels in the gym, you need to do so consistently otherwise guests spend their time running back to their rooms to retrieve one. This is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in..really. It even smells clean - which is nice. The lobby is bustling with people just enjoying the environment and you can meet people from across the Globe with travel stories. There are lots of restaurants around in the are and it's very convenient 5th and 6th Avenues for shopping. You can walk over in less than 10 min. Starbucks in the main level is a big bonus...we will definately return to the Lexington Autograph - we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves staying with them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front - not the back. We faced the back on the 8th floor and there is a huge f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. We pride oursevles on the quality and level of service we offer, so we are especially pleased that your experience with us was positive. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the fitness center, among the other accommodations the hotel offers.

Thank you for choosing the Lexington NYC and we look forward to welcoming you back.