The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$320
4,116 results
All reviewsmarilyn monroestarbucks attachedirina borukhovnew yorkelite membersmarriott propertieslive jazzgrand central stationnice lobbyrooms are smalltimes squareart decoking roombottled waterlobby arearockefeller centerstreet noise
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

If you've read my other hotel reviews, you know I'm a Marriott girl. The autograph collection, including the Lexington, is Marriott's boutique offering. This hotel is located 2 blocks from the main full-service Marriott on Lexington and has a few nice touches above your average Marriott. There is usually live jazz music in the lobby bar at night. The rooms are nicely furnished - new decor- and clean. Not always, but twice I've had Frette towels - so soft and luxurious. The rooms here, like many NYC hotels- are tiny, but bright. There is no concierge lounge or upscale restaurant. There is a diner type restaurant - if you're gold or platinum, you can eat a free plated breakfast from the marriott menu in the Raffles restaurant or trade out for points. There is also a full Starbucks connected to the hotel. The gym is minimal equipment, but will get the job done in a pinch. That all said, the hotel is only a couple blocks from grand central and walking distance to Times Square and Rockefeller center so if you want a midtown hotel, definitely consider this one.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AbsJ
John T, General Manager at The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for not only selecting The Lexington, but also for your time in posting a review. We greatly appreciate this type of feedback, especially given your knowledge of Marriott. We aspire to deliver exceptional service and will use your words for ongoing coaching and consideration for new amenities. We truly hope that you will try us again very soon and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the first time and was generally impressed. It is in a great location- just 3 blocks to Grand Central and very close to the theatre district. The hotel is clean, modern, and rich in history. The staff were very friendly. The only downside is the lack of a coffee/tea maker in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please note; simply call guest services to request a coffee maker and all the trimmings be delivered to your room. Housekeeping has them for guests, upon request. Come back soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and I was not very impressed by this hotel. The desing of the hotel and rooms were quite nice, location is excellent, but other than that, there were only unpleasant surprises. Rooms were noisy (because of thin walls but also huge outside ventilator/air conditioning units at the bootom level). I was on 11th floor and I could still hear it. I would also have preferred If I could open windows to get some fresh air.

When we arrived, we were told 50USD would be blocked from our credit cards daily to cover extras every day (even if we did not spend anything the day before), so that means blocking the total of 200 USD for the period of our stay. I understand this is a common hotel policy, but not everyone can afford having 200USD blocked for god knows how long. I checked out two days ago and I am still waiting for the money. Since there is no minibar or coffee/tea making facilities in the room, one could easily cover their expenses directly when purchasing from the bar or hotel restaurant, istead of these deposits.

Also there is no free wifi in rooms, you have to pay 13 USD per night to get it, or use the complimentary connection in the lobby - which means the lobby is constantly packed with people and too noisy to get some work done. The free lobby connection works only after you register with your email address - but foreign e-mail addresses are often not recognised.

You have to pay yet another charge when you want to store your luggage on the day of your departure (2 USD per bag)!!!

Most importantly, I found the reception staff quite lax and unconcerned. I had a cockroach in my room and they asked me what I wanted them to do about it. I told them to give me a different room, which they did, but there was no apology or politeness from their side whatsoever (I understand New York is full of bugs, but this hotel has 3 stars and it is not a hostel). Also, we asked the receptionist to give us a final confirmation of zero expenditures to have a proof that we did not purchase any extras during our stay and she seemed very annoyed.

Fortunately, doormen and the housekeeping staff vere very friendly.

I would not come back.

Room Tip: Upper floors to minimise noise and avoid bugs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear that you have such mixed feelings about your recent stay with us. It is true, our location, design, housekeeping staff are lovely. We will use the rest of your valuable feedback for staff training purposes, in our quest for 5-Star guest experiences for all future guests.
Should you wish to give us another try, feel free to call the GM office directly, we will personally assist you with your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the Lexington's for one night in June. It was a last minute decision, and we managed to make an online booking the day before. Good rates for a Manhattan hotel of this quality.
The hotel is well located, and nicely decorated. My room, though nicely decorated overlooked the roof of the hotel gym, and the noise from the gym air conditioning was very loud. The room was neat and clean.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a room on an higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John T, General Manager at The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on The Lexington. We will be sure to check the A/C noise on the floor in which you stayed. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 1630, a king room. Bed was very comfortable, view was nice, decor was nice. The room was very quiet, the shower was hot and refreshing. Only wish that there was a sign in the lobby directing Marriott Elite members to the Elite check-in desk, which you would never see walking into the lobby for the first time if you've never been there before. Seems like they should switch the concierge desk with the elite check in desk, that would make more sense. Also, I didn't like the strange button on the toilet in the room to flush the toilet, always had to put the lid down to find it, and had to hold it the entire time you needed the toilet to flush. But the interesting feel of the hotel gave it a unique charm while it remained upscale, there definitely is no other hotel like this one in terms of it's style. Loved the juxtaposition of the old brass elevator doors with colorful Art Deco style paintings inside the elevator cars. Staff were also very friendly.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for choosing The Lexington and for taking the time to post a review. We will take your feedback on signage to heart. We moved the Elite desk once already, in the quest to find the perfect location and check-in process for these valued guests like yourself. We hope to welcome you back to soon.