“Excellent experience, will be back!”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #268 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the Lexington! Awesome decor and wall art in lobby, elevators and rooms! We took a trip from Canada to NYC this past weekend where I reunited with my brother who now lives in Hong Kong. When the manager Irina heard my stories she immediately wanted to make our stay extra special and upgraded both of our rooms to king on upper floors and even found couple available well before check in time! We had staff check on us twice to ensure we have everything we need! Everyone from housekeeping to bistro staff and room service was very friendly and attentive. Did I mention that they have VERY comfortable Sealy beds? Perfect hotel for a getaway! Koodos to a hotel well managed and we will definitely be back to this chic midtown hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to NYC and The Lexington. Yes, Irina is the best! Please come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,534)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed here twice and each time the hotel has gone through a refurbishment and I believe they just had another one...not sure why so mant refurbishments and change of decor..perhaps they are just keeping up with the Jones's or coming under new management. The hotel is nice and very functional and located in a very active and busy mid town east near lots of restaurants, Grand Central Station, the 51st street subway entrance, and Times Square, theatres, and The Empire State building are all 5 blocks to the east.
The rooms are nice and functional and I have stayed in two types of them: The Cozy Queen..very small with a window that faced another building and a rooftop. The other was a Queen room...this was bigger and had better views. The rooms were always clean and bathrooms nice but I can no longer comment on the decor a it has changed since last I stayed there as well as the interior lobby, however, by looking at the website it all looks quite nice and tasteful...even slightly hip.
There are 4 dining choices all onsite at the hotel: S. Dynasty which serves upscale Chinese, Raffles Bistro serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner (they also have a nice bar) ..mostly American cuisine, then there is a Starbucks, and finally The Mixing Room a bar outfitted in a fusion of modern and 1920s serving cocktails and appetizers. There is live music on Tuesday evenings by The New York Jazz Workshop.

I've never actually chosen to stay at this hotel as both times it was chosen by traveling companions but it is really a good hotel that has a lot to offer and in a great location. Given the fact that I keep up ending up at The Lexington says something in itself..reliabilty and quality I suppose. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice but the views vary by the room type and floor...the higher the room the bett...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you taking the time to post a review. It is true, we have undergone major renovations over the past few years. Late last year we re-launched our property as part of Autograph Collection by Marriott - $47 million renovation and re-branding. It sounds like you have stayed here twice over the year, we hope to welcome you back a third time.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My stay at the lexington hotel was great. The room are very nice, large flat TV, room is clean and the hotel is very quiet (for manhattan). There are plenty of elevators, and these are extremely quick. Also, we got a very good deal for the hotel and this gave us great value for the money.

There are few problems in the hotel, and thus I think I will look for another hotel in Manhattan next time: first, there is no free Internet in room (only in lobby). I do have internet in my cell phone, but I would still like to use my computer in the room. Breakfast is also not provided, i could not find a coffee station or even cold water station at the lobby. Lastly, they charged me $2 for keeping my luggage for a couple of hours. First time that I see this. Why do they do this?

The hotel has two main subway station in the area, but neither of them is very close to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AcademicWithFamily
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed our large HDTVs, cleanliness of our guestrooms and that our hotel is very quiet. We will take your valuable feedback regarding breakfast options, baggage fees and WIFI under careful consideration. We aspire to making every guest happy and hope that you will give The Lexington another try someday in the future.
Kindly note - we do offer coffee machines upon request; simply call guest services next time and we will deliver coffee set up for you.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

If you've read my other hotel reviews, you know I'm a Marriott girl. The autograph collection, including the Lexington, is Marriott's boutique offering. This hotel is located 2 blocks from the main full-service Marriott on Lexington and has a few nice touches above your average Marriott. There is usually live jazz music in the lobby bar at night. The rooms are nicely furnished - new decor- and clean. Not always, but twice I've had Frette towels - so soft and luxurious. The rooms here, like many NYC hotels- are tiny, but bright. There is no concierge lounge or upscale restaurant. There is a diner type restaurant - if you're gold or platinum, you can eat a free plated breakfast from the marriott menu in the Raffles restaurant or trade out for points. There is also a full Starbucks connected to the hotel. The gym is minimal equipment, but will get the job done in a pinch. That all said, the hotel is only a couple blocks from grand central and walking distance to Times Square and Rockefeller center so if you want a midtown hotel, definitely consider this one.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AbsJ

Thank you for not only selecting The Lexington, but also for your time in posting a review. We greatly appreciate this type of feedback, especially given your knowledge of Marriott. We aspire to deliver exceptional service and will use your words for ongoing coaching and consideration for new amenities. We truly hope that you will try us again very soon and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the first time and was generally impressed. It is in a great location- just 3 blocks to Grand Central and very close to the theatre district. The hotel is clean, modern, and rich in history. The staff were very friendly. The only downside is the lack of a coffee/tea maker in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please note; simply call guest services to request a coffee maker and all the trimmings be delivered to your room. Housekeeping has them for guests, upon request. Come back soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and I was not very impressed by this hotel. The desing of the hotel and rooms were quite nice, location is excellent, but other than that, there were only unpleasant surprises. Rooms were noisy (because of thin walls but also huge outside ventilator/air conditioning units at the bootom level). I was on 11th floor and I could still hear it. I would also have preferred If I could open windows to get some fresh air.

When we arrived, we were told 50USD would be blocked from our credit cards daily to cover extras every day (even if we did not spend anything the day before), so that means blocking the total of 200 USD for the period of our stay. I understand this is a common hotel policy, but not everyone can afford having 200USD blocked for god knows how long. I checked out two days ago and I am still waiting for the money. Since there is no minibar or coffee/tea making facilities in the room, one could easily cover their expenses directly when purchasing from the bar or hotel restaurant, istead of these deposits.

Also there is no free wifi in rooms, you have to pay 13 USD per night to get it, or use the complimentary connection in the lobby - which means the lobby is constantly packed with people and too noisy to get some work done. The free lobby connection works only after you register with your email address - but foreign e-mail addresses are often not recognised.

You have to pay yet another charge when you want to store your luggage on the day of your departure (2 USD per bag)!!!

Most importantly, I found the reception staff quite lax and unconcerned. I had a cockroach in my room and they asked me what I wanted them to do about it. I told them to give me a different room, which they did, but there was no apology or politeness from their side whatsoever (I understand New York is full of bugs, but this hotel has 3 stars and it is not a hostel). Also, we asked the receptionist to give us a final confirmation of zero expenditures to have a proof that we did not purchase any extras during our stay and she seemed very annoyed.

Fortunately, doormen and the housekeeping staff vere very friendly.

I would not come back.

Room Tip: Upper floors to minimise noise and avoid bugs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear that you have such mixed feelings about your recent stay with us. It is true, our location, design, housekeeping staff are lovely. We will use the rest of your valuable feedback for staff training purposes, in our quest for 5-Star guest experiences for all future guests.
Should you wish to give us another try, feel free to call the GM office directly, we will personally assist you with your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the Lexington's for one night in June. It was a last minute decision, and we managed to make an online booking the day before. Good rates for a Manhattan hotel of this quality.
The hotel is well located, and nicely decorated. My room, though nicely decorated overlooked the roof of the hotel gym, and the noise from the gym air conditioning was very loud. The room was neat and clean.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a room on an higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on The Lexington. We will be sure to check the A/C noise on the floor in which you stayed. We hope to welcome you back very soon.