The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #290 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“In Love.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the second we walked into the hotel I was in love. It was beautiful and unique, and in the perfect location. One staff member in particular was fantastic, from his knowledge, to his kindness, right down to his humor. Unfortunately I do not remember his name, he wears a Fedora type hat, is a bellman .. maybe Derek? I could be making that up though haha.

I will definitely recommend The Lexington to anyone and everyone .

Room Tip: We loved room 1233
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and fantastic comments. We will make sure to recognize the associate that really exceeded your expectations. We are so happy that you will recommend us to your friends and family. We hope to welcome you back soon to The Lexington and NYC!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chevy Chase
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My experience is not very positive but hotel is great value. There are very many good reviews! One must realize this trip was planned close in and when all hotels were sold out and I mean really sold out I was able to book into the Lexington on Marriott.com at $265.00 my first night and $127.00 my second night AAA. This was just amazing.

I also want to add the front desk and housekeeping staff are really wonderful! Just genuinely friendly.

As a Platinum Premier member I received no reconnection at check-in and no additional benefits over Platinum at all at check-in. This is another issue as this has been standard at all Marriott properties and I am switching away. Ok, with that said I am not letting my hurt ego color my review. Everything I am typing is fact.

I checked into room 1532 and everything was fine until the people upstairs turned their water on which they did quite often. There was a loud whining noise. I asked the front desk to move and it was done quickly (once again they are wonderful!).

My new room was 1824 which was quiet until 10pm. I heard talk from above until 3am. Lucky I had my white noise machine. I could hear every word of the conversations as if they were in my room.

In the morning, I noticed the bathroom. The shower curtain was full of dark mold and rust was streaming down from the bathtub handle. Not good signs in a hotel. I could also barely fit on the toilet. When taking a shower I had to rub against the moldy shower curtain and the bathtub is very narrow. You also know when someone else in another room flushed the toilet or takes a shower. If the bathroom was clean I would say the room it great. Great bed and décor. Robe and slippers. Really a nice room.

I ordered room service. It comes in a paper bag and all plastic. Not a big deal if it was good. However, I had a salad with wilted lettuce and two very hard old rolls and one packet of butter for $26.64. My fault for being lazy ordering room service in a city where there are thousands of places to eat. BTW, the hotel’s restaurant Raffles looks like a fair priced dinner but it has high hotel prices. Next time I will go to the dinner on 50th street. Or is it 51st street? Between Lex and 3rd.

I have to say for the price paid and not having to have to sleep in Newark I have to say I got my monies worth.

I would come back again if the price was right and other options sold out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our front desk and housekeeping staff, they will love hearing that they made a difference in a guest's stay. Also, we are glad that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and décor of our newly renovated rooms. We do deeply apologize for the challenges that you encountered in the bathroom and we thank you for the specific comments that we will utilize to train our housekeeping staff. We will also discuss your concerns about room service with Raffles, our restaurant. We also apologize for the noise that you encountered and since you shared the room numbers, thank you, we will investigate those issues to correct them! Thank you for the feedback so that we can improve and we hope that we will welcome you back soon!
Fayetteville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

There are certain things you expect from Marriott owned properties and the newly remodeled Lexington meets those expectations.Good professional service,neat clean rooms,and very reasonably priced at the forefront.The Lexington is again remodeled where contemporary meets it's rooted Art-Deco.A tasteful mix it is.As my wife remarked when entering the lobby,"It gives me a joyful feeling".And it surely is bright and modern with ample sitting area's, booked filled shelving and a contrasting warm lounge area.Rooms are NYC small (we had 214 sq ft queen room) but neatly designed with wall-mounted flat screen tv, and very clean as are the bathrooms.11 blocks to Central Park,6 blocks to Grand Central and just a few avenues away from Times Square all adds to the favorable review...$60/night valet parking was only down side.Better to use garage on same street if looking to save a few bucks.We would definately return.Nice job restoring this old favorite with rich history Marriott.

Room Tip: rooms facing lexington ave will be quite noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mark d
We are so happy that we met your expectations of a Marriott Autograph hotel with our new "jazzy" look and rich history. We love your comment that the lobby made your wife "feel joyful" that is how we feel about our hotel. Our hotel was built in 1928 and we love our unique history in NYC. Of course being built in 1928 and in a major section of NYC may result in some of our rooms being small compared to today's standards but as you mentioned, they have all of the essentials and plus some to make for a comfortable stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a room here for a weekend get-away with my mom. We were looking for something classy but not too stuffy or super expensive in the heart of the city. This place was perfect. It is a boutique-style hotel with the amenities and price point of a lower-end chain. The entrance is impressive. The lobby is beautiful and there are plenty of spots to relax, meet friends, people-watch, and plan your day. There is free WiFi and there are tables to set up your computer or enjoy your coffee from the adjoining Starbucks. In the evening, it becomes a jazz-themed lounge, which even I found tolerable. We had breakfast at "Raffles", the upscale diner in the same building, which was decent and not terribly expensive (for midtown).
The staff was super helpful and I was able to leave my bag there before I checked in (for a nominal fee), check in early, and check out late (at no extra charge). There is a ramp to the entrance as well as doors, for those who can't do stairs or revolving doors.
I did not have a car, but I noticed that those who did had sufficient space & time to unload and check in before parking, which I assume is a nearby self-park garage.
I stayed in two different rooms, both with Queen beds - probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept - on with extremely luxurious bedding. Both rooms were clean and comfortable but quite small. We requested and were given (at no charge) a roll-out bed for one of the rooms, but once set up, there was no room to walk around it. There is a lot to do in the immediate vicinity, which is not at all crowded on the weekends in the summer, and it's just blocks from the theatre district. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have a pool. I did not use the fitness room, which I assume it had, because taking a walk around NYC was much more appealing. There is a very nice view of The Chrysler Building just stepping outside and crossing the street. I highly recommend you do that as soon as it gets dark.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thank you so much for the 5 star review and great comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed our "jazzy" lobby. If you felt that it was a wonderful place to meet friends and family then we achieved our goal! We are also happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms including the comfy pillow top beds and upscale linens. We are also going to share your fantastic comments about service with our staff, service is a culture for them and they will be thrilled that they met all of your expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Arrived late at night from the airport and they put me in what must have been the worst room in the place (lowest floor facing over 48th and right next to the air conditioners). Pretty standard central New York sized room (i.e. fairly small) but generally fairly tatty and felt uncared for. Front desk servic mediocre. Tried breakfast at the on-site restaurant - service enthuasistic but again feels as though the management isn't really on top of it. Not a total disaster but feels like they are not really that interested. Wouldn't bother going back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tzial
We apologize for the challenges that you encountered upon check in. We do appreciate you feedback and will utilize it as an opportunity to train our staff to give the service that our guests expect. We apologize again and hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can deliver the service that you expect. Thank you again for the feedback.
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Usually we stay in a 'big chain' hotel on our annual family trips to NYC. To celebrate our 25th, we decided to do something different. This hotel was a great find. Very clean and comfortable. Located close to attractions such as Rockefeller Center, Central Park and shopping, of course. Reasonably priced. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Wow, thank you for your 5 star review. It was exciting to see that you choose our hotel for your special celebration and that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are also delighted to see that you felt comfortable in our hotel, it is very important to us that our guests can feel at home! We will be very happy to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!
Hyde Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our reservation at this hotel was not ready when we arrived. It was very conveniently located. The bathroom was extremely small beyond reason and had mold in the bathtub. Staff at the desk were far from cordial. This stay was not worth the money.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kathleen C
We deeply apologize for the challenges that you encountered during your stay with us. We are a historic hotel in NYC that was built in 1928 and some of our bathrooms are small in comparison to today's standards, we apologize. Thank you for your feedback on our service as well, we will use this as an opportunity to work with our team to deliver better service! Also, thank you for your 4 star rating on our location! We hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to meet your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback, we do appreciate it.