“An excellent stay”

Ranked #281 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Halifax, Canada
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was visiting NYC for a mother/daughter getaway and stayed 2 nights at the Lexington from August 5th to August 7th. I was very impressed with everything this hotel has to offer. The location is ideal, and the hotel restaurant and atmosphere are fantastic. The rooms were very clean, and the beds are beyond comfortable!!! The customer service was also excellent, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Thank you to Vergina, Nicole and Alban for your great service. I have been to NYC many times, and will recommend this hotel as my favorite. Thanks again for the wonderful experience.

M Mackinley

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MelissaMackinley
John T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments about our hotel. We love that we delivered the service that you expected and that three people in particular, Alban, Virginia and Nicole, even exceeded your expectations. They were very excited to read that they were able to make your very special trip with your daughter memorable. We look forward to your next trip to NYC and the Lexington Hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Key west
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked and paid for my hotel in October 2013 for a December 2013 stay. Checked in for 2 nights and left on a Friday morning. On Sunday morning four days before Christmas, I went to use my debit card and all of my funds were gone. The hotel double charged me for my room. The room that was already paid for. So my question is, why was my room being charged to my debit card 24 hours after I checked out? Very shady practice. Contacted the hotel, and of course there was no one available in the accounting department because it was a weekend. When someone finally did get back to me it was three days after I checked out. This was Christmas time and all of my cash was tied up in my debit card. So no Christmas shopping for me. In fact, I was stranded in New Jersey unable to do anything without any funds. A brief apology was sent to me via email and that was that. No restitution was made on this hotels part. Very disappointing and unnerving experience. Very suspicious as to why the full price of my room was charged to my card 24 hours after I was long gone. Obviously making the customer happy is not their priority.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Josiekw
We sincerely apologize for the challenges that you encountered at our hotel. We never mean to mislead anyone but on a debit card we do obtain authorizations to cover any other charges that may incur during your visit. Front desk should have informed you of this and we apologize if they did not. Many hotels are discouraging guests from utilizing debit cards due to the fact that when they do authorizations, it actually pulls the funds from your account and may take up to 10 days to put the money back into the account. We apologize again and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Owego
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd give 5 stars if there was a coffee machine in the room.
That aside, perfect accommodations !
Quick check-in. No problem getting into my room at 12:30 pm.
The cozy Queen room was not so small as to feel cramper. The huge flat screen tv was flush with the wall, so it didn't take up any room at all. Bathroom was modern and beautiful.Free WIFI for Marriott Gold Elite members.Great view from the 23rd floor!
Bed was so comfortable, I fell asleep immediately! No noise from outside or from other rooms.
I'll be staying there often, as my elderly parents live in the city and my brothers and I take turns visiting. A calming oasis at the end of a hectic day. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for all of your great comments. We do have coffee makers available upon request and based on availability at no cost. We would love to earn that 5 star review from you on your next visit. We pride ourselves on being clean and comfortable so thank you for your recommendation! We look forward to welcoming you back to the "Oasis", Lexington Hotel.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I was traveling on business, and with multiple Marriott choices within a few hundred feet of each other, I decided to try this property. It did not disappoint. Checkin was quick even with a number of people ahead of me. The front desk agent was able to quickly accommodate my feather-free request, and assigned me an even better room than I was expecting. Then she gave me free continental breakfast for each morning of my stay without skipping a beat, I presume because my room request had not been fulfilled before my arrival. Well appointed room with a great view on the 26th floor. I will make this my preferred hotel when on business in Midtown East.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Fabulous, we love your 5 star review and your great comments about your check in experience and our well-appointed rooms.
We are honored that we will be your hotel of choice, that means the world to us to have such a loyal guest.
South Salem
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My company had several people coming into town and I had to work with the Hotel Manager to schedule the bookings. Irina was fantastic. She handled my requirements quickly, flexibly and with a great sense of humor. Considering how buys she was, she never refused to take my call or make the many changes needed to get my group into the hotel for varying nights during the week. Also, the concierge was able to find a restaurant that met the unique needs of my client. She called several places, narrowed down the choices for me, and made the reservation. All went off with great success. The rooms were very clean and given the high tourist season, never felt overcrowded or service suffered, Also, business services were reliable and went the extra mile when needed. Thank you, and I will not hesitate to recommend your hotel to my colleagues when they stay in NY.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Awesome, we so appreciate the 5 star review. We also love all of your great comments about the service that you received from all of our staff but especially Irina, our VIP manager and the concierge. We are so glad that they made your group travel seamless and memorable. Thank you for your "definite" recommendation. We can't wait to welcome you back to The Lexington!
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at the Lexington in early August, 2014 having booked 2 rooms at a US government rate ($229.00/night plus about $38 in taxes; one of the few Marriott property where you can find a decent rate in the summer. Had never stayed before and found the hotel very nice with the perfect location in Mid-town Manhattan. Big plus of being a Marriott Gold/Platinum member is that while there is no concierge level, they do give you coupons (2 per room) for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which I assume is not owned by Marriott. Those coupons save a couple at least $40 on breakfast and while tipping is not required with the coupon, I did, even though the waitress the first day (older, dark haired) was exceptionally discourteous when I presented the coupon that said clearly breakfast for "two," and demanded another coupon and wanted to know how many people were in my room (none of her business-frankly). I cleared the matter up with the front desk who provided a second coupon, but none of this should have been necessary. I believe this was on the restaurant and while the food was good, that first waitress needs some customer service training or a new job. Again, nothing to detract from the Lexington however! The rooms are small but adequate for one or two and the decor was functional, updated and everything worked well. About a 10 minute walk to the heart of the Theatre district and overall a great location with good service!

Room Tip: Go high to avoid traffic noise (I would suggest at least floor 6 or higher).
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your great comments about our hotel and it's location. We apologize for the experience that you had at breakfast. We are working with them to ensure this does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Lexington!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Quick overnight trip to NYC. The Lexington, a Marriott Autograph Collection, was right in the heart of action. Quick walk to Grand Central Station, Central Park, and all the shopping you could hope for. Hip, lively, busy lobby with lots of people socializing, working & enjoying themselves. rooms we old school style with modern twist. Clean, comfortable & lots of outlets on the desk and night tables. Loved it and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your great comments about our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the buzz of our upgraded "jazzy lobby". We also love that you recognize the modern style while mixing in our rich history. We will welcome you back to The Lexington soon!