“Everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #179 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square with my family in mid-November 2012. Great rooms, location, and service. Very quiet considering the location. Clean and comfortable-rooms were large by NYC standards. We attended three plays and visited many sites--most in walking distance. Many subway stations close by when walking was not an option. We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: In Times Square, higher is always better (quiet)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

As a platinum Marriott - I think I've stayed at every Marriott in Manhattan and this is a gem. It's so convenient to everything. From the valet parking on 7th and 48th - it's as easy as pull up an drop your bags. Also, the $58 for 24 hour parking was very reasonable by Manhattan styles. We had an end room Junior Executive suite that was huge my Manhattan standards. The bed was too die for and they brought in a roll-out cot for my daughter who LOVED the view out the window of M & M world. We had lunch at Angelos Pizza a few blocks north which was awesome and saw Annie a few blocks south. The lobby was one of the coolest lobbies I've stayed in and the bars seemed great. I travel about 100 nights per year and this hotel is one of my new favorities. It's a no brainer where I'll stay next time I am in Manhattan. Staff was extremely friendly and room was spotless. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JMACKLongIsland
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed here 3 times now and every time the service, rooms, bar, food and lobby support staff has been exceptional. Prime location and views of Times Square. The beds have always been comfortable, the room and views nice. Superior to the other Marriott in the neighborhood (Marquis). Would stay here everything I visit NY.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Renaissance is always a good choice to spend the night. This one is a perfect place to hang out in Manhattan. This hotel s right on Times Square and you can do everything on foot from here. Easiest way to get into relaxed mode is to hand over the car keys to the valet guys. The rooms are comfortable and spacious for New York conditions. All kinds of good restaurants and entertainment directly by the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

I travel to NYC frequently and because I am a Marriott Platnium member, I only stay at Marriott. If I can't get in this hotel at my usual rate, I stay at the Marriott Marquis. I like this hotel much better. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of Times Square. It is a smaller hotel then the Marquis and much easier to get in and out of. The elevators in the Marquis are just crazy sometimes. The only bad part is there are not a lot of options inside the hotel. The Marquis has various restaurants and bars and a couple of Starbucks. However, there is a Starbucks right accross the street from the Renaissance. The rooms are maybe a little biy bigger then most NYC hotel rooms and they are very clean and modern. Includes speakers in the bathroom to listen to the TV if you want. A huge shower ( but no bath). If you are Platnium or Gold member you will have access to free breakfast which is not that great but not bad. They could have more options in for Breakfast. There really is a limited choice but the view from that room is spectacular. They do not have a consignor lounge and instead provide Gold and Platnium members with a voucher that can be used for at the bar area. Limited choices off the menu but excellent food. Choices with the voucher include for example a lobster role, slider sandwhiches etc..I do have one complaint, the last time I stayed there they did not deliver a paper to my hotel room. The decor in this hotel is very modern and I like it a lot. As I said, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of Times Square yet just enough distance from the crazy crowds that mingle by the Marquis. This is my first choice for a hotel when I stay in NYC. Second would be the Marquis.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same but ask for a higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

It took me until my 50th birthday to finally get to NYC for the first time. We got a limo from the airport to the hotel and from the moment we got into the car we had a wonderful time.
We planned to make the most of this trip as I was sure I would only want to do NYC once in my life.
We spared no expense on tickets prices. We wanted the best seats we could get to every show and sporting event we went to. The staff at the hotel were so very very helpful, and we got ALL the shows and sports events we wanted. At the baseball we were 6 rows from the dug out. Fantastic..
( 550 $ each) The room was great and the location was un beatable. My friends had stayed at the other Marriott on time square the Marquis but had not enjoyed it as much.
( bad lifts, to big, to busy) At the Renaissance we did not suffer from any of these problems. Our breakfast was included in the price and the bar/breakfast room has the best view of time square you can get. My only complaint was they need to shoot the person who designed the window bench seats. They are impossible to sit comfortably on. The cusions slip off and there is no back rest. I know there are issues with pipes or something under the window but they could do a lot lot better with a little thought. If I was ever in NYC again I would not think twice in going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from lifts.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Nothing but perfect! Loved the lounge overlooking Time Square.we would go there for cocktails and enjoy looking at the lights out on Time Square nightly. Comfy beds. We are priority members and the breakfast is served in the lounge. The staff and great and rooms are spotless. Cabs seem easy to get from this hotel.. But it's very easy to walk as well if you enjoy Broadway. Most plays are located closely to this hotel.we really loved the concierge and the people at the front desk even sent our reading glasses and headphones back to us because we left them in the safe. They overnighted us the glasses and headphones. How sweet! So if we were to go back we would definitely stay here and recommend this place to family and friends

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple