“Another great stay”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #168 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We just checked out of the Renaissance Times Square after sending 3 nights using Marriott points. We stayed here several years ago and this time was just as good. Traveling with me were my wife and 10 year old son. We are gold elite and we were given a room on the 24th floor (total of 26 floors). You can still easily hear the sirens even on floor 24. With gold status, we were given daily free breakfast and a handful (I think 8) of vouchers for free appetizers in the lounge. The appetizers were very filling and wonderful.

You can't beat the location of the hotel if you want to be I the middle of Times Square. Their NYE view is the best in town but you pay for it. Get this-$17,000 for a table for 4 from 6pm-1am including drinks and food. Or you can get a table about 30 feet further back without as good of a view for $5,000. Oh and this does not include the room which you can get for $649 plus taxes per night, 2 night minimum starting 12/30/12.

Our king size room was really large, had a rollaway brought on, nice large shower but no tub. We did not push ourselves too much on this trip. We saw two musicals-Rockettes and Grinch and went to one movie. Had some rain but oh well. I have stayed at other Times Square hotels but this one is our favorite. Next trip, we may stay near Central Park where our nieces live in the area just for a change of pace.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square with my family in mid-November 2012. Great rooms, location, and service. Very quiet considering the location. Clean and comfortable-rooms were large by NYC standards. We attended three plays and visited many sites--most in walking distance. Many subway stations close by when walking was not an option. We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: In Times Square, higher is always better (quiet)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 23 December 2012

As a platinum Marriott - I think I've stayed at every Marriott in Manhattan and this is a gem. It's so convenient to everything. From the valet parking on 7th and 48th - it's as easy as pull up an drop your bags. Also, the $58 for 24 hour parking was very reasonable by Manhattan styles. We had an end room Junior Executive suite that was huge my Manhattan standards. The bed was too die for and they brought in a roll-out cot for my daughter who LOVED the view out the window of M & M world. We had lunch at Angelos Pizza a few blocks north which was awesome and saw Annie a few blocks south. The lobby was one of the coolest lobbies I've stayed in and the bars seemed great. I travel about 100 nights per year and this hotel is one of my new favorities. It's a no brainer where I'll stay next time I am in Manhattan. Staff was extremely friendly and room was spotless. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JMACKLongIsland
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed here 3 times now and every time the service, rooms, bar, food and lobby support staff has been exceptional. Prime location and views of Times Square. The beds have always been comfortable, the room and views nice. Superior to the other Marriott in the neighborhood (Marquis). Would stay here everything I visit NY.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Renaissance is always a good choice to spend the night. This one is a perfect place to hang out in Manhattan. This hotel s right on Times Square and you can do everything on foot from here. Easiest way to get into relaxed mode is to hand over the car keys to the valet guys. The rooms are comfortable and spacious for New York conditions. All kinds of good restaurants and entertainment directly by the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I travel to NYC frequently and because I am a Marriott Platnium member, I only stay at Marriott. If I can't get in this hotel at my usual rate, I stay at the Marriott Marquis. I like this hotel much better. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of Times Square. It is a smaller hotel then the Marquis and much easier to get in and out of. The elevators in the Marquis are just crazy sometimes. The only bad part is there are not a lot of options inside the hotel. The Marquis has various restaurants and bars and a couple of Starbucks. However, there is a Starbucks right accross the street from the Renaissance. The rooms are maybe a little biy bigger then most NYC hotel rooms and they are very clean and modern. Includes speakers in the bathroom to listen to the TV if you want. A huge shower ( but no bath). If you are Platnium or Gold member you will have access to free breakfast which is not that great but not bad. They could have more options in for Breakfast. There really is a limited choice but the view from that room is spectacular. They do not have a consignor lounge and instead provide Gold and Platnium members with a voucher that can be used for at the bar area. Limited choices off the menu but excellent food. Choices with the voucher include for example a lobster role, slider sandwhiches etc..I do have one complaint, the last time I stayed there they did not deliver a paper to my hotel room. The decor in this hotel is very modern and I like it a lot. As I said, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of Times Square yet just enough distance from the crazy crowds that mingle by the Marquis. This is my first choice for a hotel when I stay in NYC. Second would be the Marquis.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same but ask for a higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2012

It took me until my 50th birthday to finally get to NYC for the first time. We got a limo from the airport to the hotel and from the moment we got into the car we had a wonderful time.
We planned to make the most of this trip as I was sure I would only want to do NYC once in my life.
We spared no expense on tickets prices. We wanted the best seats we could get to every show and sporting event we went to. The staff at the hotel were so very very helpful, and we got ALL the shows and sports events we wanted. At the baseball we were 6 rows from the dug out. Fantastic..
( 550 $ each) The room was great and the location was un beatable. My friends had stayed at the other Marriott on time square the Marquis but had not enjoyed it as much.
( bad lifts, to big, to busy) At the Renaissance we did not suffer from any of these problems. Our breakfast was included in the price and the bar/breakfast room has the best view of time square you can get. My only complaint was they need to shoot the person who designed the window bench seats. They are impossible to sit comfortably on. The cusions slip off and there is no back rest. I know there are issues with pipes or something under the window but they could do a lot lot better with a little thought. If I was ever in NYC again I would not think twice in going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple