Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
2,517 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkmarriott marquistkts boothstreet levelmain lobbybroadway showlounge arearockefeller centerhotel barhigh floornice sizecentral parkbig applesubway stationfew blocks
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel itself is fantastic. The location is right in Times Square, and everything about the hotel is luxurious. The views out of some of the rooms, including the R Lounge, are as good as it gets for tourist. Rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. No complaints at all regarding the hotel/rooms; however, this is a really unfriendly hotel for Marriott Rewards members (I'm platinum). They don't have a concierge lounge, so they just give you vouchers for something off the R Lounge menu each night (appetizer). Here's a summary of my nights:

1. Fish tacos - EXTREMELY SMALL portion. Like, one bite tacos.
2. Chicken burger - I'm not sure this thing was cooked properly, it was really funky, left most of it uneaten
3. Grilled cheese panini - burnt. So burnt, that's all I tasted.
4. Redeemed my voucher for a soda only to avoid eating at the R Lounge again.

Breakfast is pretty weak as well compared to other Marriotts. One morning they didn't even put out the hot foods until 20 minutes after the room opened. They could learn a lot from the Marriott Marquis lounge, which is only a block away.

On top of all that, the hotel didn't credit the MR points to my account...so I have to call Marriott Customer Service and submit my receipts to get credit for the stay. I cancelled all of my future stays at this hotel and rebooked at other Marriotts in the area (Marquis, Lexington, and Algonquin are closeby).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bretts11
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I must first point out that this hotel is situated perfectly, it's beautifully appointed lobby, rooms exceptional, and fantastic customer service.We were charged some $3500 during the week of Christmas.( not over the top for the time frame and location)
You might then ask why my poor rating ?
We were readying to go to bed around 8pm one night when we heard what sounded like a large dog barking. Upon investigation at the door to the room opposite, we established there were 2 large dogs barking.( I must note we were on the 17th floor)
Horrified, I contacted the concierge who immediately sent a gentleman up to investigate. The matter was quickly resolved with the hotel contacting the owners to take care of them. We were even offered breakfast in the famed "r" lounge which was superb.
I was happy of course with the outcome, however I felt it prudent to ask - where do these dogs pee & poo ? Are they house trained? Did my room have dogs in it before we stayed in it ? Do the dogs lay on the quilts and pillows ?
I am obviously not from the USA because in Australia this simply would NOT be tolerated.Is this common practice here.?
I must say - had I known this establishment accepted dogs in
rooms as standard practice I would have stayed elsewhere. Hotel people - take note - this is unacceptable !!!!
I have stayed at many places over the years and this is a first.

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Gpat7
Reviewed 15 January 2014

First of all if you are looking to book this hotel for New Year 2014 do not hesitate ,book it you will not be disappointed! We stayed here over the New Year to celebrate my 50th birthday. Arriving on the 29th Dec'13 on room only basis. We checked into the hotel for 5 nights with no hassle We were given a V.I.P access pass for NYE to enable access into the hotel through the police barriers.Our king size room was ready but we requested a different room when we found that the room only had a shower. Our request was met and the double room was on the 19th floor overlooking 7th Avenue/Times Sq. The room was very comfortable with 2 double beds full bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities,fridge(not that we needed it whilst it was -5 outside) large tv,table and chairs,free safe,iron etc.
The staff are very friendly especially Omar the Concierge who was very helpful and exceptionally conscientious.
The hotel is not the cheapest but for location it can not be bettered. Like previous reviews the views of Times Square and restaurants/bars are brilliant .You can walk to all theatres and restaurants comfortably and is in a handy position to explore New York.We walked every where even from lower manhattan back to the hotel.
Before leaving the UK we booked a 9 hour tour with New York ShuttleTours, this was the best decision it delivered everything that was advertised. The tour covered all the major landmarks and with express tickets included for the Empire St and Liberty Island the time saved was invaluable. We would have been standing in line at the ESB for at least 2 hours plus!. Our guide was Marc who was very good and the driver Renni was also. We booked an helicopter flight on New Years Eve with Liberty. The company are very efficient and the flight was amazing .We queued for an hour at the ticket booth in Times Sq for tickets to see Motown the Musical and purchased tickets for half price. We obtained a 20% discount code from the hotel for tickets to see Once, these are booked with the theatre box office. Don't show them your discount code until you are given a price for your ticket though. We really enjoyed our stay and cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Spent 3 nights at the Renaissance Times Square in November for a girls getaway. The room was absolutely gorgeous and so much larger than I was expecting. We had 2 large queen beds and lots of room to spare for a lounge chair, desk, tv/armoir. There was more than enough room for us to leave our luggage out as well as the bags of all our purchases strewn about the room. We never felt crowded or claustrophobic. We had a high floor, 22nd, so couldn't hear any of the noise from down below. When we walked out the hotel door we were a few steps from the heart of Times Square. The hotel was kind enough to offer us free wifi which was the only way we ever would have had it as the daily price for non-Marriott Gold members was ridiculous. Didn't try the hotel restaurant, but opted to try some of the dining options in the vicinity. There were so many options to eat and drink, it was almost difficult to choose. Absolutely no complaints about our stay, and if it weren't for my friend's Marriott points, we certainly wouldn't have been able to afford it. A very memorable stay!

Room Tip: A high level floor will ensure no noise from Times Square.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We travelled to NY from Ireland in May 2013 and choose The Renaissance for our wedding week stay. We arrived on a Sunday and were getting married on the Thursday. Our first sight of our room saw views of the nearby time-square (at an angle of course as the hotel vista overlooks the side streets rather than the square itself). The hotel had left a welcome note, champagne and selection of desert mini's for our stay. The hotel itself and lobby are modern and impressive.

The R lounge was a favourite of ours for our guests to meet and mingle, have a few trendy drinks and bites, while overlooking a 360 of time square.

The concierge was more than helpful offering us lists of nearby florists for our big day and when we could not connect with the boat house he arranged an alternative and stunning restaurant for our rehearsal dinner.

My one and main disappointment however was unfortunately on my wedding day. We had prearranged that the hotel would contact the florist should the flowers be any later than 11, it was a different concierge and did not ring, leaving me to do all the running.

They were also to call two old fashioned 'yellow cabs' a real want for my bridal pictures, to bring myself and my bridal party to the nearby Saint Malachys actors chapel, I stood in my floor length (train and all) bridal dress hailing down the nearest cab I could where we all just piled into the one....not even the door man helped????

They were to leave off cleaning the room until we left at 12:30, but when we returned to our then 'honeymoon room' later that night after all the celebrations, I was devastated to find our bed had not even been made.

We were also promised that the R lounge or lobby could accommodate our guests after the festivities, only two of the 16 drank so it was just for recap, fun and a few nibbles. On return to the hotel all areas were closed off and we were told our only option was to order room service in a now 'still dirty', overcrowded and small double room.

To be honest at the time it all was just such a dream getting married in new york it passed without me caring or seeing how out of order it was. But we paid such a price for our stay and considering how important it was for us, it broke my heart to even return to a dirty room on my wedding night. Even worse considering I had presumed there would be a note of congrats or special gift left waiting for us.

We are travelling back to new york in march and would love to say we would be returning to the renaissance, but for old times sake it will be for a drink not to stay. For whatt commenced a beautiful stay I honestly am at a loss as to where the service went. We are a quiet couple and were happy not to ruin our time on the day with petty complaints but to be honest it just was not good enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 11willow11
Olivia R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of your stay. I am very upset to hear that such instances occurred on your wedding weekend on account of miscommunications from our staff. I want to wholeheartedly apologize for any inconvenience we caused you on your special day. We value all of our guests and appreciate when they take the opportunity to share their special moments with us. We would love to have you back when you come in March for second chance and to show you the type of service we represent.