“Right in Times Square”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #180 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We couldn't have picked a better location for our stay in New York. We were right in Times Square, within good walking distance to trains and attractions. Our room was clean and modern and had a great view.The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. We were able to drop off our bags prior to check-in so we could start our sights seeing which was really handy. Although a bit pricey (isn't everything in New York) it was well worth it.

Room Tip: We had a room on a higher floor, the noise didn't bother us at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly J

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights so we would be within walking distance to a couple of Broadway shows. I had requested to have distilled water in my room for my CPAP machine. I was worried that since we were arriving after midnight the first night it might have been overlooked. I was so happy to see the bottle there when we arrived! The room was clean and comfortable. The room is large for a NYC hotel. The bathroom was great and appointed with Aveda products. We ordered room service breakfast both mornings. The service was perfect, and the food was yummy. Our room was on the 24th floor. We heard very little noise other than the sirens. This is typical for NYC. I will stay here again without doubt. This will be my NYC go to hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 2vaca
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for discovering the Renaissance NY Times Square Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My family and I really enjoyed the hotel, it's a couple blocks away from Rockafeller Center and located in the heart of Times Square.. Make sure if you book a package as I did that the front desk is aware of this as the charged me extra for parking after we left . Parking was part of a package that I paid for and included the parking, I'm still dealing with that. Overall the hotel was great, the views were amazing from both rooms we had. Bathrooms were very nice, and the blow dryer was nice.

Room Tip: City view room was great we had rm. 905.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank velvetcoconut
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed at The Renaissance from 26th Feb - 4th Feb.

Cannot fault the hotel, the location is tremendous and the staff could not be more helpful.

Many thanks to Omar and all the Concierge Staff.

Will defo return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I personally HATE staying in Times Square when I visit NYC; it's stressful to step outside your hotel and be swept into a sea of gawking toursists. But my husband's employer booked this hotel for him for a work trip and I tagged along. Despite my aversion to Times Square, I was very pleased with this hotel and plan to return with my younger sisters in a few months since I know they will enjoy staying in the middle of the hub bub.

The lobby is nicely decorated and has a great lounge that is surrounded with floor to ceiling windows on three sides with views of Times Square. It was a great place for cocktails and a late night snack. The room was pleasant, although our window looked directly into one of Morgan Stanley's sales floors and its huge electronic ticker. We live on a busy street in the city so the lights and noise didn't bother us, but it may be helpful to request a higher floor if noise bothers you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at Renaissance for 4 nights for Wedding Anniversary and Valentines. Firstly it is perfectly located.. Only on 8th floor but did not hear a sound from the traffic outside. Beds soooo comfy.. Once we got used to location was easy walk to Central Park, and most of the sites/locations we wanted to visit.. $20 dollar taxi to ferry around Statue of Liberty. Best part of Hotel.... The lounge where you have the most amazing view of New York Times Square. We went for night cap every night just to be amazed at the lights and the buzz of New York.
Now the not so amazing part of hotel.. £8 dollars plus tax for small bottle of water in room.(Maybe would be nice just the first 2 bottles complimentary for when first arrive) No bathrobe or slippers. Not even a little biscuit with coffee facilites. Not keen on the sliding door to bathroom with no latch. But all that said still think we picked the best hotel for my first visit to New York and would definately consider again if 2nd visit in future.

Room Tip: Cannot imagine a bad view but suppose the higher the better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tish R
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is the first night in what is supposed to be a 5 night stay. I do not know how I am going to make it the noise from the street below is so loud. And I am on the 16th floor! Seriously there is a jack hammer going off at 11 ET and a saxophone player or something down there. My God just stop this racket so that I can sleep!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitch M
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience in the hotel. I am sorry that you were unable to sleep last night. We want you to enjoy your time in the hotel so please contact the front desk to discuss some options to make your stay more comfortable. We welcome your feedback and look forward to making your stay better.