“LOVED IT, PERFECT LOCATION, FRIENDLY STAFF :-)”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #182 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Travelled with my husband and 3 sons and stayed at the Renaissance Times Square for the first time. We all loved it! Great hotel, great location, wonderfully comfortable beds in pristine rooms. All the Staff were great too. Fantastic view from the lounge bar and great banter from all the barmen. Actually, all the Staff were great. We'd like to give a big shout out to Greg who was one of the doormen, very helpful and very friendly. Hope your trip to Tanzania turns out to be an amazing one! Hope to see you again next year Greg!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is my second stay at the Renaissance Times Square. It has a small boutique feel and is a comfortable oasis away from the crowds outside. Rooms are a nice size with comfortable bed and plenty of space to work. Concierge breakfast in lounge had good variety and featured great views of Times Square. Some hotels in New York are overwhelming in size - this one feels "just right". This is a great choice for business travel and family travel.

Room Tip: Higher floors hear less street noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BeeMass
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I initially worried that this location might be too much for me being that it's in the heart of Times Square but it was absolutely perfect. Stayed here over the weekend with the intention of seeing a couple broadway plays and this turned out to be an excellent choice in hotel given it's proximity to the theaters. There are also nice restaurants and convenience stores all around. The service was excellent and it pays to be loyal to mariott. My husband is now an elite member and they really go above and beyond to reward your loyalty. This hotel also has what I'm told is the best bar lounge in the Times Square area. It was a lot of fun to bring back our friends after the 8pm show to our hotel bar for a night cap. Great music and lively atmosphere. I honestly can't wait to stay here again! 30 min ride in from LGA and right above the subway stop. You can't go wrong. Fitness center is also spacious with plenty of treadmills and ellipticals.

Room Tip: I suppose a low floor might be noisier than higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spinto74
Reviewed 27 April 2014

While NYC is not my favourite place to go there's plenty to see and do - good enough reason for a visit. And overstating the obvious NYC can be expensive - especially if you're expecting quality.

I've stayed at the Renaissance at Times Square a few times now and it has earned my favourite hotel choice for NYC. Occasionally they have significantly discounted rates for the weekend and we recently took advantage of that for a Fri/Sat stay.

While this property always seems to be busy check-in is courteous and prompt. And although its a big hotel it always seems to be a lot less busy than others nearby (like the Marquis) - a plus for both tourist and business travelers.

We had a room on a high floor - no noise to speak of. Room typical of the Renaissance brand - I like these much better than other Marriott rooms. Spotlessly clean.

For the tourist you can't get any more central than this - a few steps away is Times Square. For us we like the proximity to the subway with a stop just paces away from the hotel's lobby doors. And so many subway lines criss cross in this area you can use it as a great place to get to anywhere in the city. That plus plenty of things in short walking distance as well.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: we always ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vb22
Reviewed 26 April 2014

One if not THE best hotels I have stayed at. Went with 3 girls to celebrate my 50th birthday my friend emailed before we arrived to ask if there was anything they could do to make our stay memorable. Jennifer who emailed back changed our booking to a higher floor( which you do generally pay extra for) and offered breakfast for 2 of the 4 days we were staying. On arriving the staff on the desk (florinda apologies if I have spelt wrong) were very polite and checked us all in very quickly. Later that evening we were sent to our room a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberrys with a note wishing me a happy birthday and wishing us all a enjoyable time in NewYork (very thoughtful). We also enjoyed our breakfast in the VIP lounge overlooking Times Square. We ate in the restaurant one evening and had the NewYork steak the meal was delicious. The rooms were quite large plenty of room especially with 4 in our room no problems very clean and each day beds made and room left clean. We spoke to the concierge on a number of occasions and she was very helpful. Overall we never encountered a complaint and the manager should be very proud of all of the staff who were very courteous and polite at all times. I would definately recommend this hotel and would certainly return BRILLIANT

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank donna30_11
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Times Square. I recently stayed here with my husband and 2 kids ages 7 and 9, and for their first trip to the Big Apple it was perfect. We were here for 5 days and got a subway pass since our plan was to focus on all the sights in Manhattan plus the Statue of Liberty. Being in Times Square feels like the city never sleeps which is amazing. The hotel put us in a high room away from the noise which was great with the kids. The breakfast was great each morning with great staff. The room was very comfortable with 2 double beds. We walked to 2 shows and to several sights and for others we took the trains which were super easy. The R Lounge at the hotel was great with great service and food and a view of all of Times Square. Will definitely come back here again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is the PERFECT location on times square! The staff is extremely friendly & the customer care is impeccable. The hotel itself is very chic! Be sure to eat in the R Louge that overlooks Times Square. Also order the crab-cakes & Philly cheese steak sliders DELICIOUS!! I cant rave enough about this place. Once I returned home I noticed I forgot my DSLR camera charger & the hotel "loss prevention" department mailed it to me by Fedex ASAP! Best hotel to celebrate my 30th!! Thanks so much!!

Room Tip: Be sure to request Times Square view & stay in higher #
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple