“Great Outside, disappointing inside”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #182 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great Outside, disappointing inside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

amazing location, great tall black glassed building, amazing view very disappointing inside.. unprofessional Front staff.. No Bar... What kind of hotel is it, If I cant find my favorite drink in the hotel but I can find anywhere on the street bars..

Rooms no doubt amazing. beds are great, can make anybody have a sound sleep like a baby.

If anybody looking for great rooms, clean & hygienic linen & beds, can come here. but for overall experience with great 5 star service, I will recommend any other hotel in the area with same room price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Olivia R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your response and for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with out Front Office team. I apologize that you were unable to order your favorite drink. Our drink selection is constantly changing and evolving as we strive to create something new and exciting for our guests. We hope that we see you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The position is great if one wants to be around time square and close to the theatres... the hotel rooms are ok, but not better of what one would/could expect for a hotel in that category... the bar is poor, the restaurant is poor (choices)...the breakfast is ok/fine... what is amazing is that, although there are no mini bars anymore one has to go outside or cross the road if in need of some chocolate bars, sodas, beer, wine... (there is one poor vending machine on the 14th floor with 4 choices!) ...otherwise one needs to call room service! But the worst is the price...honestly, way to expensive for what is is/offers... for the same time i was there i checked on the internet and there were between US$ 100-250 more expensive than other comparable hotels. I would definitely not go there anymore --> AVOID IF YOU CAN

1 Thank Stefano E
Thank You for staying with us and sharing your recent experiences with us. We appreciate and value the feedback of all our guests. I apologize that we were unable to make your stay more pleasant. I have shared your comments with the team, as we are always striving to improve and look for innovative ways to make our guests stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We hope you will reconsider the hotel for your next trip to New York.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Manhattan. The hotel is very chic and modern. Contrary to the common perception of New Yorkers, the staff at check-in could not have been friendlier. The room is very comfortable and well designed. The king size bed was great and the bathroom was very nice. On top of this, the location right in the heart of midtown Manhattan is incredible. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member, I have stayed at many Renaissance properties and this one is definitely in the upper echelon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Broadway are best--much more quiet.
Temecula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Small but functional. Our room was average size and with 2 adults and 2 teens if was slightly squished. But that was to be expected. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was large for NYC. We had a bath with shower and it was roomy.
We stayed on the 12th floor and like the other reviewer said, it was noisy at night. Maybe a higher floor would be quieter. We never heard other guests with the exception of occasional hallway conversations but the walls were pretty thick.
Very nice staff and helpful concierge. Location is perfect but being June is was the most crowded I have ever seen Times Square. It was nice to step into the foyer to "quiet" after dodging bodies to get there.

Room Tip: Top floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Billerica, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I used my Marriott points to stay one night in NYC and I'm glad we chose the Renaissance Times Square. We parked at the hotel (valet) right around noon on a Saturday and our room was already available. The lobby area where you check in is very small, but you take an elevator to the concierge level and find a nice lounge area and another set of elevators to get to the guest rooms. As soon as we got upstairs, we realized a cell phone was left in the car by accident. The valet was quick to retrieve it and brought it right up to our room. The bathroom is a typical size for most hotels, which means it was pretty large for a hotel in NYC. The guest room itself was also spacious and very clean. The location is perfect for walking around the Times Square/Broadway area. When you walk out of the hotel and take a right, you are now facing the TKTS booth. We would gladly come back to this hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: We were on a lower floor and I didn't notice any noises coming from the street. If you're s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cambridge, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My second time staying here and the room was a bit small, plus even with windows closed I could hear traffic at night, but that's to be expected as it is Times Square. A higher floor might have been quieter. Very good front desk service -- when we mentioned wanting to go to R Lounge later they suggested making a reservation and made it for us. Room was clean, very comfortable bed, R Lounge is stunning, no complaints.

Room Tip: A high floor room is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have traveled to New York many times, but last week I had an opportunity to visit the Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square and I could not have been happier! First, since I was coming in on the Red Eye and I had an event to attend I emailed the hotel and requested early check-in. While they were sold out the night before, they were actually able to have a room ready for me when I arrived around 9:30-10:00 AM. I was delighted when I got to the room and found that I could move around the room without sliding from side to side. The room was spotless and well appointed. The designer clearly thought everything through as the bathroom even had a sliding door to allow for more space and open feeling in the room. The Navigator was great in helping me plan my trip back to the airport early the next morning. Please plan to spend some time in the R Lounge in the evening. This spectacular birds eye view of Times Square is something that you should enjoy at least once in life. Also, the food and beverage is outstanding. I ordered their pulled pok nachos and they were delicous with a slightly (very slight) sweet taste to them. The roasted corn on them was a nice surprise! Upon departure the doorman was in the street hailing me a cab when the elevator doors opened. I actually made it to the aiport early.... In a light drizzle! This hotel is at the top of their game, do not look elsewhere!

1 Thank Jon E