“Perfect location”

Ranked #179 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband & I stayed here in June for 4 nights. Being my first trip to New York we decided to stay in Times Square. The location is in the middle of everything we wanted to do. Close to subway and very easy to catch taxis. Short walk to all theaters. The junior suite room size, even the bathroom, was nice, and included a coffemaker & frig which was handy. Our room faced away from TS so was very quiet. Concierge was very helpful and even offered discounts on one of the tours. The view from the lounge was amazing-floor to ceiling windows jutting out into TS. Having a drink there and people watching is a must! Reward members received free breakfast in the lounge on weekdays. Nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This Review is well over due but I've managed to put some time aside to complement the Renaissance for a wonderful stay. The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of New York and if you're anything like me (a light sleeper) then you'll feel alive with the city that never sleeps as every ten minutes you'll be hearing fire trucks and police sirens 24 hours a day but I'm not complaining as the room offered us nothing but luxury and the staff were amazing throughout our stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank James W
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great location if you're interested in staying in Times Square! The views and staff are great. Omar is the best concierge - always helpful and accommodating. As a 10+ plus Marrriott Platinum member, I've stayed at a lot of Marriott properties. I rank this one in my top 5 - which is why we come back every year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ExileLA
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Bang in the middle of Times Square!
Views from bedroom & iconic 'R lounge' look right onto Times Square.! Good size rooms, incredibly comfortable, stylish, all mod cons; what more could you ask for? Had to pay extra for room wi-fi but we took the upgrade which included free buffet breakfast in R Lounge (eggs, toast, cereal etc)which was worth doing & reasonable. Did I mention the R lounge looks right onto Times Square?! We ate our breakfast in style each morning while surveying all that is Times Square rolling by.
You have to see it to believe it! Having been an avid 'all things New York' fan for most of my life, I saw New York up close from the Renaissance as never before and love it more than ever as a result! I know I'm gushing but I make no apologies; if you want to see the Big Apple in all it's glory; stay at the Rennaisance. It's stylish, friendly & RIGHT ON TIMES SQUARE! (Did I already say that?)
Obviously if you don't like noise & big crowds you might not want to stay on Times Square, go to the West village but if you really don't like noise...what are you doing in New York?! For central location, comfort & style the Rennaisance cannot be beaten. I will definitely be going there again!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor to avoid noise. We stayed on the 22nd floor which was as quiet as a ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 781Pinky
USA
Reviewed 9 July 2014

great location if you're up for Times Sq - good view of same from the bar.
freaky biomorphic decorating theme in the lobby
very comfortable rooms
concierge very helpful for the one question I had
cost of room, drinks consistent with location

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mobile
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice. Fantastic location in the heart of Times Square. Amazing bar that looks out over the square, great drinks, service and views. Rooms are quiet considering all the noise outside. The rooms and bathrooms are large and clean. I highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Its nice to be right on time square to get in and out from the crowd. It gets crowded around 7PM. What I really liked is that you walk in, check-in and then up to the next level to the Lobby where you have the bar and restaurant. Its quiet. The room 507 had good view on Broadway with the lights and adds. The room was clean. Nice large shower. Comfy bed. WiFi not free, its $16 to get it for 24hrs. One thing some hotels are careful for is to put family and kids-babies on a same floor. Renaissance is not. We had baby twins on our floor, no older than 2 yrs old, screeming from 6am through 9h30am. We should not have to live this in vacation. I'm taking a star off just for that. At $350 a night I understand its a good location but Kids floor and adults floor! Other thing. Check your bills. At check out I had a $40 Lounge meal. We didn't eat at the lounge nor the breakfast. At check out she said it happens once in a while that people charge to the wrong room! I travel a lot I never had this issue elsewhere! Restaurants around are crowded too. If you walk down some street not too fare you will discover nice little restaurants with very good food. The crowd is just eating on 7th and Broadway in very commercial restaurants like HardRock Cafe. Its convenient to go downtown too from 42nd street taking line 2 or 3 to Fulton for 2.75$. There are at Fulton st and Pearl there are nice restaurants the historic district. Or to park Place to go to ground zero. Airport taxi drive to Newark airport about 45 minutes was $80 + all other charges and tips. $105.

Room Tip: We liked 507 or the next ones 509... we have a view on Broadway a little blocked by a huge advertise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy B
Olivia R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for discovering the Renaissace New York Times Square Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, view from the room, and other hotel amenities. I sincerely apologize for your noisy neighbors and error on your bill. I shared your feedback with the department managers to avoid future issues of this nature. We value your feedback and hope to have you as our guest again.