The hotel is right in Times Square - great if you want the activity of Times Square, bad if you want to sleep. Not uncommon to hear street musicians and people yelling until 1 or 2 in the morning.
A bit unusual, and at times frustrating, is that you must take two elevators to reach your room. An elevator from the main lobby, up to another 'lobby' where the bar(s) are located. Then switch elevators to reach your room. Gets a bit tiresome if you are there for an extended stay as I have been.
The best feature is certainly the bar. It has large picture windows and it looks right into Times Square. Even if you have been to NYC a bunch and don't like the 'tourist' scene, this bar is still worth a visit!
Overall, a properly priced stay in Times Square - just be ready for the noise and somewhat limited amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This New York City Boutique hotel is located between Avenue of the Americas & 7th Avenue. Enjoy easy access to Times Square and many other popular attractions in the area. Visit R Lounge and take in the views of the City while enjoying your favorite cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Renaissance Hotel New York
- Renaissance Times Square
- Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
- New York City Renaissance