Riverside Tower Hotel
US$385
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Pool
US$264
US$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$360
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
US$308
US$274
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$238
  • Pool
US$444
US$415
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
  • Fitness centre
US$191
US$157
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsupper west sidehudson rivertrundle bedcentral parkrooms are smallnew yorktwo room suitefridge and microwavequiet neighborhoodprivate bathroomgreat neighborhoodplenty of hot watersubway stationlocation location locationtimes squarebagelszabars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights 26th-30th of October, and it is just what you need in a city like New York where you will want to be out and about all the time. Standard basic room and clean. Good location, very near to the subway and some restaurants and shops. Also just a short walk from the Museum of Natural History which is handy. New York can be an expensive trip, but with the great prices of this hotel, we were able to spend more money on more important things, such as sightseeing and shopping. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a New York adventure, without the considerably steep price tag.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank LFM93
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is an old college dorm with tiny elevators. We booked a "suite" which turned out to be two dorm rooms connected with a Jack and Jill bath. Each room had a twin bed with a trundle bed underneath. There was a microwave and fridge. The rooms looked like they had been painted every year during their service as a dormitory and probably again recently. As we were checking out, we cornered a housekeeper and quizzed her. We learned there are rooms with bigger beds, we just didn't ask right when we were booking.

My wife had a grand time texting photos of the rooms to her friends to humiliate me, but after she checked the prices of some very nice looking hotels nearby, she shut up pretty quickly. We both think of hotels as places to sleep and not as destinations.

We stayed a few nights before leaving on an overseas trip. We used our time in New York to see some art. Museum Mile is an easy half hour walk straight across Central Park, which was beautiful and clean and felt safe. Even the homeless guys shaving and bathing in the public restrooms in the park were friendly. There is a subway stop just 2 or 3 blocks from the hotel and the neighborhood of the hotel feels safe and is great for shopping and dining.

We will definitely stay again if we go back to New York, despite my wife's teasing about the room. We didn't meet the feisty manager who posts on Tripadvisor from time to time, but I think we would like her. Staff were helpful and courteous at the time of booking, with questions after booking and during our stay. There is a luggage room if you need to stash your bags before or after your stay.

The lobby was often populated with European hostel types, including some school groups, but everyone was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask about the size and type of bed in the room you select.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David_Jones2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed for one night and fully expected a small, un-fancy room due to the price. However, when we pulled back the bedspread, there were (many) hairs. Not sure how adequate the housekeeping is. The elevators were somewhat scary. On the positive side, though, the location is ideal. Easy to get in and out using the West Side Highway and we love the Upper West Side.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KLVT195
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As an experienced world traveler, whenever I plan a budget-minded trip I am wise enough to keep my expectations low when it comes to hotels and services. At the end of the day, that is what gets me through the odds and frustrations that can easily be characteristic of this type of travel. However, my stay at the Riverside Tower Hotel managed to surprise me in the most positive way ever. Yes, my single room small yet very cozy and carefully made every morning by the silent and efficient housekeeping. The bed was right to the point of not being too firm nor too soft, ensuring I had a good night sleep after my long and exhausting days of walking around New York city. Also, the room provided me with exactly what had been promised on the hotel website. Microwave and minibar functioning well, all the essential amenities and the right amount of heating necessary to warm me up during the cold late winter nights. My en-suite bathroom seemed recently renovated and was kept clean and neat on a daily basis. A good and hot shower, fresh towels and the surprisingly good-quality soap bars made all the difference. In addition, the front desk staff was very professional, always willing to help, and extremely friendly without being intrusive. To top it all and wrap it up as a great experience, there is the Riverside Café adjacent to the hotel. Family-run, with three lovey sisters sharing the duties, it offers refuge from the constantly packed pastry shops around town as well as a handful of humanly warmth capable of making any sole traveler like me feel welcomed and, why not to say, at home. With delicious goodies freshly baked by a qualified chef, who happens to be one of the sisters, the Riverside Café adds heart and soul to the hotel and makes breakfast time all the more fun. Located in the Upper West Side, just a few subway stops away from Manhattan's hectic midtown section, the Riverside Tower Hotel stands tall and strong as my personal favorite and best-value- for-money low-cost accommodation option, which is rare to find in a world-class metropolis such as New York City.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Mbizmart
Reviewed 21 February 2014

For the price this really good located hotel is absolutely okay. The room was small but structured and the bath was nice and tidy. The only thing to moan about is that the window in our room let a really cold breeze in. At the last night they probably realized that and put the heater on the highest level to compensate that. So it was way to hot in the room.
But the best thing was the really brilliant view on the Hudson River!
I would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends