“Riverside Tower”

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Kathryn N
There are newer reviews for Riverside Tower Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was my eighth week-long stay at the Riverside Tower. For the price you cannot beat it in New York. The rooms are small and basic but clean and it is in one of the best neighborhoods in the city.
Since my last stay a little over a year ago, the hotel has made two significant improvements:
1. There is now free wi-fi in the rooms that provides an excellent connection.
2. There is now a cafe in what was formerly a sitting room. The cafe is run by three very friendly sisters. They serve various coffees, teas and cappuccinos as well as delicious fresh-from-the -oven pastries and sandwiches. It is a most pleasant place to start the day or relax in the afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank sptravelers5
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is not like any chain hotels you are used to. The rooms are small and as Meshugah reviewed, yeah, I guess the hallways are dark and narrow. However the rooms are clean, newly painted, there are now flat screen t.v.s that save space. We have stayed here about 6 times over the last 10 years. We are a family of 4 and usually get the suite, which straddles the corner of the building. True, one room contains only the queen sized bed with a sink (and T.V. and closet) but the other room has a small table, minifridge and microwave. The bed in that room is a twin (single) with a pull out twin (a trundle bed, I believe it is called). The kids are now 19 and 16 and are fine with the size of the beds.
The neighborhood (Upper West Side) is safe and there are a ton of restaurants and stores a few blocks over on Amsterdam and Broadway. Convenient to the subway. I honestly hesitate to hit send on this review because I don't want too many people to know about it! Again, it is not a Hyatt or even a Comfort Inn-type of hotel, but you can't beat the price (169$ a night for the suite for 4 people) and location. Staff is very nice, as well. I've noticed there hasn't been much of a turnover in staff over the years, which I consider a good sign.

Room Tip: You could ask for views of Riverside park and the Hudson River!
5  Thank JDGS92
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank B J
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Riverside in August for 3 nights(?). My room was microscopic. My bathroom was smaller than that. My shower was the size of a phone booth. The hallways are dark and narrow. Everything about this hotel is a claustrophobes nightmare. I was on the 13th floor. The elevator-if you have space issues as I do you're out of luck. No way to keep 18" between you and another person, especially if your luggage is larger than an evening clutch. It creaks, it groans and moves so slowly, by the time you reach your destination your clothes have gone out of style. One time going up to 13, I shared the elevator with an employee who was holding a slip of paper from the something something elevator company marked in large print "FINAL NOTICE". I don't know if it was an unpaid bill or a warning from some gov't agency that deals with elevators about to plunge 60 MPH back to the lobby.
But, for 90 bucks a night, in a great neighborhood, surrounded by stunning architecture, a park and a river, I'll suffer. And yes I will most certainly go back for more. (next time with Xanax for elevator ride and thoughts of my mortality)

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Meshugah
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I'm hesitant to post a review, but that's only because I want a room to be available at this property should I need a place on the UWS again. As with most other reviewers, the two best positives are location and price. The property is located in a GREAT, quiet, residential neighborhood where you might even see famous(ish) actors you recognize from TV walking. Plus Zabar's, and tons of restaurants on Broadway and Amsterdam (plus the cafe in the hotel). Riverside Park is nice.The subway is close. They'll store your luggage, call a cab, etc. It seems there might now be wifi on every floor. I had it in my room, not just in the lobby.

My two minor negatives have also been pointed out by others: I too had hairs on my linens (quickly replaced after a call to the desk), and each day I had a different configuration of towels and soaps, some more useful than others. Improved attention to housekeeping would have merited a 5 rating from me. I would stay here again if staying on the UWS makes sense during a future visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank AndrewN100
Reviewed 29 March 2014

In a City were you can drop a small fortune on a nights stay this place located in a wonderful area can not be beat, unless you think you should be pampered. My two 20 something sons and I shared a suite for two nights, enjoyed the City, nearby is Broadway and Central Park, lots of nice restaurants, etc. It is right on Riverside Park and we had a view of The Hudson River that was worth a million bucks. It was an easy walk to the Met Museum of Art and the subway station was not far away. Not the best beds, rooms were old school basic and small as was the bath room, but what do you want for the $. Our rooms were clean and we got good nights sleep. Just need to be a little more helpful with the parking.

Room Tip: Say, you want a view of the River.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family