“adorable little tunisian cafe”
Review of Keko Cafe

Keko Cafe
Ranked #4,340 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 13 March 2014

breakfast (at noon) there twice. Pretty place--love the teapot collection and the old suitcases, copper topped tables, old fashioned coffee case, great croissants. No rush to get you out of this pocket sized cafe, like something you'd find in Soho or North Beach, or Paris. Tunisian sausages were cool with the eggs,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was delighted to discover this cozy spot that serves breakfast all day, plus crepes and sandwiches and various coffees. I took friends to breakfast twice...they loved it...then returned by myself for the famous afternoon tea (little sandwiches, scones, etc.). The nice, tall Black man who had seated me at the breakfasts was not present. Instead, two other men told me I could not, as a single person, occupy a table but must sit at the counter in the window. I inquired about the tea. One said they were serving it. Ten minutes later, the other came over after I had been signalling for a while, and when I asked for afternoon tea, he said angrily that he could not do it for just one person. I told him he was rude, and he said, "I am crazy. This place is too busy." So, I left and will not return, though it is a great neighborhood spot and good for a tourist breakfast. But please know, this is not the New York way. Get some manners.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This cafe is lovely and their food is very nice. The interior and decoration is so charming, it just makes you want to sit there all day. They serve fresh orange juice (no water added) and a great selection of breakfast options as well as many coffees to choose from.
The place is very tiny, only a few tables all of them for 2. The staff are nice, and prices are reasonable.
This is the perfect breakfast place in Midtown in my opinion.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

There is lot of choices for breakfast from crepes and sandwich to eggs and soup for reasonable prices (about 13$ for keko special breakfast including eggs sausage bread bacon). Really fast service and cosy place

Reviewed 17 January 2014

On our recent five day New York trip we discovered Keko's right around the corner from our hotel. For us it was the absolute perfect place for breakfast. We were "at home" after discovering Keko's and made no other attempt to seek out another breakfast adventure. It's a small eatery with marble floors, four tiny copper clad round tables on the right, and 3 on the left. A big variety of delicious teas and coffees poured expertly. Though the menu offers many choices, all of the food is served freshly made. We were warmly greeted our first day, and our second day, and on our third day our hot beverages were delivered automatically without our ordering. They have many omelettes and crepes. Their fried eggs were perfect as well as their lovely bowl of oatmeal laden with fresh fruit. We will be at Keko's everyday as well on our next New York visit.