We've been on a number of occasions to NY previously and found other hotels generally of a better standard than the Shelburne. In part, price may reflect some issues - however we felt this shouldn't be the case.
In short, the hotel has potential, as most issues can be fixed.
On the plus side - the rooms are spacious, the beds very comfortable, the location handy and Amy, the concierge, a great advertisement for the hotel. Some staff on the front desk were also terrific however sadly this was undone by the attitude of other staff who seemed immature and unaware of good customer service tips.
Overall because a number of issues came up - we were disappointed with our stay: in particular the cleaniness of the bathroom was poor (for the first room which was allocated to us - so much so, had we not been so exhausted after a midnight check-in, we would have checked out); the necessity to move rooms during our stay and being told that the hotel's priority was to look after clients who were staying the summer (despite having booked a room earlier in the year); the lack of common sense with room service staff arriving to clean our room at 8am after we had only checked in at 1am. There were also issues around noise and the hotel's plumbing, with the necessity to call the plumber on 2 occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York