Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$189
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$275
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
5,056 results
All reviewsmurray hillrooftop barthe empire state buildinggrand central stationrare bar and grillpillow menuscotty's dinernew yorkwine hourone bedroom suitelexington avenuefew blockssmall kitchentimes squaretwo queen bedscoffee makerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Has a great casual bar downstairs that was frequented by lots of locals. Good choice bar menu.
The room was huge with 2 massive beds. Pillows were extremely comfortable- they also have a pillow menu.
Has a roof terrace (bar not open in November) but nice views of Chrysler building from it.
Reasonable location near to central station and Chrysler building. A few nice cocktail bars close by. However next time would probably stay closer to Times Square or Central Park.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sez100
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear Sez100,
Thank you for your recent stay and for the positive comments on our spacious suites, comfortable pillows and 6 pillow menu choices. Glad you found our hotel convenient to Grand Central Station and thank you for your comment on RARE Bar and Grill on their good bar menu.
We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We arrived before check-in time and were given a room right away--an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite. While the decor (in my view) was a little grim--it works better in a smaller space--the beds were excellent, the a/c was great, and the bathroom, while prettty small, was sparkling. The shower was wonderful. The kitchen pantry let us enjoy a drink and a bite before heading out to dinner. This hotel is a solid, reliable choice in a well-located residential neighborhood. When the price is right, it's a real winner.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NannarellaBoston
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel has the potential to be a really good place to stay but it needs to overcome its ho hum approach.

I like that it's well-located in MIdtown and a four block walk to either Grand Central or 33rd Street subway. The rooms are a good size, well appointed and there's a great place - Lucid - next door that does an excellent latte. There's also some good restaurants within walking distance.

But, that's really about all I can say I liked.

I didn't like that I booked a specific room seven months ahead and arrived to find that it wasn't available. Normally, I'm happy to have a room in a decent hotel but I booked the room specifically because it had a bedroom and separate sitting area and because it was for a two week stay. I had two friends flying in from Australia to meet me after six months and we had another friend who was in NYC at the same time - we wanted the separate area to meet and hang out. So, despite the fact that the hotel had sent me a few email reminders to personalise my stay and to confirm my stay, I have to say it was REALLY surprising that they couldn't email me ahead of time and let me know that the room wasn't available. When I mentioned my surprise at the room not being available and that I hadn't been notified, the hotel said they would provide an equal accommodation option, which ended up being two adjoining rooms. This was ok but not what we wanted. Quite frankly, if I had known this ahead of time I would have looked elsewhere.

There are lots of other little things that the hotel just missed - so here's a few examples.

So, we check in and get no introduction to the hotel's services - free wi-fi in the lobby (as opposed to the expensive option available in the room), where the different services were located etc. If I compare the lack of attention to detail to previous hotel stays, this really isn't what I'd call a welcome.

There was the barman who didn't know how to make a cocktail on their list (they don't have that many) and bar staff who seemed a bit interrupted when we tried to order drinks.

We too had housekeeping banging on doors to get in to service our rooms. When we asked why, we were told we had to hang out our door sign to let them know we were in or out of the room - ok. But this is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where the housekeeping team have been so consistently pushy to get in to service the room. Accessing the bar on the rooftop has been referred to in other people's reviews - it too has the potential to be great but as it's not operated by the hotel, they take a hands off approach.

On a more positive note, I would like to say that Dennis, the doorman, is fantastic and he made up for the rather lacklustre service and attitude (read bored/disinterested etc) elsewhere in the hotel.

I think there are better options out there until the hotel can get its act together. Maybe everyone was just tired because they were busy. Anyway, I've given the hotel the same feedback. Happy travels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JB3000
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is really in a great location. Walkable to many areas and the subway system. The hotel has really really comfortable beds and is very clean. The staff were all very friendly. Was not crazy over the bar on the 16th floor. It is mainly used by younger adults, we didn't fit in

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear lyn07,
Thank you for your recent stay and for the great comments on our comfortable beds, clean rooms, friendly staff and great location.
We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again very soon.
Sincerely.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

going to the website and looking around my expectation was something out of the ordinary and in fact found the place to be quite ordinary

clean, modern, good value, competent staff.....no real complaints

just nothing special

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GWVan

Dear GWVan,
Thank you for your recent stay and for the positive comments on our clean , modern rooms, competent staff and good value.
We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.