I happened to find this hotel on the internet and signed up for the business perks - you were supposed to get free wireless, a bottle of water, early check in and late checkout. They also sent me an email with My Affinia an online concierge to order pillows and experience packages (free). Well let me tell you my experience here - first we had to remind them at checkin that we were business perks members - the response? We were handed a warm bottle of water.
Got to the room and no pillows or experience package - we called down and they did not know we had ordered one - then said okay will bring up - got the pillows but no experience package. Why would you seek out customers via the internet prompting them to order things in advance and then not deliver?
Second problem is there is an airconditioning problem in this hotel - hot in the lobby, the elevators and the room - asked for them to check it out 2 times and had to use a fan to stay somewhat cool.
The customer service? we left for dinner at a very busy time and had to hail our own cab - Why? cause the doormen were in the lobby chatting with the concierge and the front desk! The concierge is very unprofessional - she is young and I suspect inexperienced but none the less she overtalked with customers causing others to have to wait for a lengthy time while she chatted about nothing - she also criticized a person that she called for tickets- even describing how she looks and her personality - all in a negative way. And last we asked for a wakeup call thet NEVER happened - luckily we were not catching a plane. All in all I would not stay here again and would spend my money elsewhere at a hotel with better customer service.
On the good side of things the rooms were clean and modern, the bed was comfortable and housekeeping was very pleasant and good! Not a bad location! I am giving 2 stars for the staff that did deliver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York