Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
5,084 results
All reviewsmurray hillrooftop barthe empire state buildinggrand central stationrare bar and grillpillow menuscotty's dinernew yorkwine hourone bedroom suitelexington avenuefew blockssmall kitchentimes squaretwo queen bedscoffee makerhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from New york and a 6 night stay in the Affinia Shelburne Hotel.
The hotel is situated perfectly for getting to most well known attractions in NY, by foot.

We had a warm welcome on arrival and our room, albeit on the small side, suited our needs perfectly, comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and the room was serviced every day, to a high standard.

There is a rooftop bar which is open on a seasonal basis, not when we were there, but beautiful night time views of New York, and can be accessed anytime.

Each evening there was complimentary wine served between 5 and 6 and it seemed to bring all residents together in the lobby, which was a lovely touch.

There is free wi-fi in the lobby, which has comfortable seating and has a welcoming ambience, there are also computers for internet access available for public use. To use wi-fi in your room there is a considerable daily charge.

There is a concierge in the lobby every day who can give advice, organise tickets for various shows and attractions, although we did not use his services as we had repurchased a New York City Pass which covered many of the main attractions we wanted to see.

There are various diners quite close to the hotel and our favourite was the Murray Hill Diner, less than 5 minutes walk from hotel, where we had breakfast/ brunch for very reasonable prices. Unbelievably friendly staff, efficient and well organised but very very busy, so it was a matter of eat, drink and off you go :).

We spent very little time in the hotel as we had a packed agenda for the 6 days we were there, even on our last day we had 4 hours before our departure to the airport, our bags were put in secure storage area, and a cab was organised for our return to the airport by Raymond at a cost of $70 including tip. This gave us peace of mind about luggage and travelling to airport and we enjoyed a couple of stress free hours enjoying New york before our flight home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Anne B,

You’re review was the highlight of our day. I am so happy to hear that you really took full advantage of all that our hotel and NYC has to offer! We pride ourselves on comfortable beds, customized and attentive staff, an inviting lobby and specialized concierge services. I am glad that you joined us for Wine Hour. This complimentary service, offered 7 days per week between 5pm – 6pm, is a huge highlight that our guests thoroughly enjoy.
I really hope you and your family return for another visit soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I and our 16 year old son have just returned from our first trip to NYC - using the Affinia Shelburne as our base for 5 nights.

We had a small suite - so a double room for my wife and I and a sofa bed in the lounge for our son ensuring all our privacy. We also had a small kitchenette which had a fridge / microwave and a coffee maker. All for around $350 a night so very reasonable considering the hotels very good mid town location.

So what to expect - well we did not expect the heavy traffic from JFK to Murray Hill - it was around 7.00pm on a saturday night and the traffic was similar to the M25 on a friday night - took an hour and a half.

We used a yellow cab - watch out for the touts at JFK who want you to use their private hire vehicles - dont is all I can say and dont listen to their lies - we were told yellow cabs did not go to Manhatten - yeah right I might be new here but not daft so please be aware.

The reception staff were warm and friendly we were soon in our 15th floor room which was very quiet indeed, however the bar on the 16th floor was closed for the season, had it been open it might not have been so quiet so maybe go the 12th to 13th floor in high season.

The room was well appointed and a miracle not so hot you could not sleep - had 5 good nights sleep in comfortable beds including the sofa bed.

We used the adjacent Rare Bar to eat - well worth a go - again friendly staff, good food and not too expensive.

Any negatives - well hard to find - the reception staff do give you a list of restaurants in the neighborhood - helpful yes but beware some were very very expensive - it would help to put a little $ mark next to the names to indicate a price guide.

The door staff arranged a car to take us back to JFK - a little more expensive than a yellow cab - but more roomy and a slightly less sullen driver. Beware there dont seem to be many free cabs in peak times. As it was 5.00 pm on a friday the traffic was once again awful so allow plenty of time. The hotel does provide a free facility for you to log onto your airlines web site and print your boarding pass in the hotel. Great idea and appreciated.

So a great experience, clean, tidy, good value for money, well located and friendly helpful staff - there is really not much to dislike about this hotel, which we will use again if and when we return. And to make our half term break complete dear old BA upgraded the 3 of us free of charge to Club World - the icing on the cake of a great trip

Room Tip: High rooms possibly quieter - avoid floor 15 in the high season in case there is noise from the bar. Rooms at the back in a court yard do look straight into other rooms and have no view - but are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Outtheoffice,

You’ve made our day with your outstanding review! I can’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us on your very first visit to NYC with your family. We hope to remain your destination of choice in NYC. Our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites are exactly as you described them and available for only a few dollars more than our guestrooms. The convenience of a pantry and kitchenette are limitless and I am so glad this was a useful amenity for you and your family. Rare Bar & Grill offers delicious food in an inviting atmosphere with friendly service. I will also make a note about your feedback on our recommended area restaurant list. I hope to welcome your family back soon.

I look forward to your return,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is our 3rd visit to an Affinia Hotel, and must say it has always been a splendid choice in all respects. The personnel at the Shelburne were superb, very clean, comfortable, welcoming, excellent location, near public transport and good restaurants, decor is in good taste and the staff always ready to help. It makes the visit to go smoothly indeed. Every evening we were offered a glass of wine, in the lounge, access to wifi, it was great! Could not have asked for better!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Dr. Ana S

Dear Dr. Ana S,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Affinia Hotels! I am ecstatic to hear about your 3rd stay with us and seeing your great comments makes our day. Our rooms are generously sized, well-appointed, supremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Indeed our teams do an excellent job of anticipating our guests and providing genuine and attentive service. Wine Hour is a way to start your evening off right with a glass of great wine in a vibrant atmosphere filled with cheer, great music and friendly faces.

I look forward to your return,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

As New Yorkers we jumped at a gifted opportunity to stay 2-nights here.

The hotel itself is modern and provides a really comfortable environment. All the little touches that love when I stay at hotels: robes, great lighting in the bathrooms, nice toiletries, and a comfortable bed.

The staff was incredibly nice and helpful; once, when one of our phones need a charge and again when my shoe was broken and one of the employees took the time to glue it together for me and return it to my room without me having to wait around.

Although, we missed the chance to go up to the rooftop bar, we took advantage of the gym and lobby area, and really enjoyed the location for it's closeness to the "big ticket" attractions - Bryant Park, Empire State Building, Grand Central, and Rockefeller Center/Top of the Rock/ Radio City, etc - but far enough to retreat from the touristy madness of the crowds and traffic.

Don't forgo the proximity to some hidden gems while taking a break from the city adventures:
- Lucid Cafe - excellent little spot for great espresso, macchiatos, and americanos to start your day.
- Piccolo Cafe - a small Italian cafe to indulge in a afternoon pastas and focaccia sandwiches (my favorite has arugula with prosciutto cotta and truffle spread.
- Curry Hill - just a quick cab ride or a pleasant walk away. Chote Nawab was a total surprise. Indian dishes that are comforting and complex like I've never had before.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear ShortyCircuit,

I am delighted that you had a blast on your Staycation with us! We have so much to offer our guests whether you are travelling from across town, across the country or across the globe. Our genuine and attentive service is the universal language we speak to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. I couldn’t agree more with you about our great location and everything there is to see, eat & drink and do around us. See you soon at Wine Hour!

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My stay at the Affinia Shelburne was an amazing one! Francelle was such a great help at check in and check out. THe place is beautiful very clean and has great amenities. I would recomend this to a friend in a heart beat.
Best,
"Room with a view"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jayme H,

I am overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for recognizing Francelle from our talented Front Desk Team! The whole team works very diligently to provide genuine and attentive service to each and every guest. Our rooms and public spaces are inviting, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We look forward to hosting all of your friends that will hear your recommendations! We will keep plenty of space available at Wine Hour for everyone.

I look forward to your return.