“Great hotel and great spot!”

Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #131 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Awesome all the way around. We arrived early and the staff allowed us to check in early! We upgraded out package to include breakfast which was great and an awesome value! Very clean and really great views! Close to shopping, grand central station, and bars! Great place!

• Stayed: January 2014
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear mirmir523,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled to hear that, based on occupancy and availability, we were able to honor your request for an early check-in. I am also happy that you had a fantastic experience with our staff and enjoyed the delicious breakfast offered at Rare Bar & Grill. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill, allowing for calmer surroundings, but is very close to many NYC attractions. Please feel free to reach out before your next visit to New York!

Thank you, again, for your review. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We love this hotel. Great location near Grand Central, Empire State, United Nations, Bryant Park. The rates fluctuate between $109 a night and almost $400 depending on days and time of the year. Keep checking back if you don't find a good rate. We have stayed here about 10 times and never paid more than $149 a night which is a total bargain in NYC. Some of the rooms are tiny, some are spacious but the beds are VERY comfortable. The front desk and doormen are very attentive. If you need a ride to the airport you can arrange it with them and it costs about the same as a taxi and it's more comfortable and convenient. Make sure to request rooms on the opposite side of their rooftop night club if you are on the upper floors or not next to the elevators since that area can also be noisy. There is a restaurant downstairs with good food too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear francofm,

Thank you for your kind review. We love repeat guests here at Affinia Shelburne. Thank you for your continued patronage. Affinia Shelburne is known for our attention to customized customer service. I am happy that you had a positive experience with our staff’s service, particularly the front desk and bell staff. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of NYC, we are only a few minutes away from amazing and well known NYC attractions including the United Nations, Bryant Park, Grand Central and Empire State Building. Please feel free to reach out before your return arrival!

Thank you, again, for your review. I look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to New York!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for tourists! It's centrally located in the city. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. If you walk on the roof you can get an amazing view of the Empire State Building! Showers are incredible. The only drawback is the rooms seem to have thin walls and it's easy to hear your neighbors. This is one of the best hotels ivd stated at!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Stufftburgerbar,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms and large, comfortable beds. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of NYC, we are only a few minutes away from Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Broadway theatre, and famed 5th Avenue shopping. Our rooftop is open year round and has amazing skyline views. In the warmer summer months, our restaurant’s bar is open on the roof for great views, drinks and fun.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Just staying at this lovely hotel , very clean and very reasonably priced
The staff are very helpful
Rooms are good size
Beds are comfy
I wouldn't worry about staying here again on my next visit
Pity I missed the wine tasting but I'll certainly catch it next time

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear DoncasterTony,

Thank you for your kind review. Affinia Shelburne is known for our attention to customized customer service, clean environment, comparatively large rooms, and comfortable, inviting beds. I am sorry that you did not have an opportunity to enjoy our Wine Hour, which occurs between 5pm-6pm, 7 days per week. This perk is always a guest favorite and I hope upon your next visit that you get a chance to partake in the complimentary hour. Please feel free to reach out before your return arrival!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I loved my stay at Affinia Shelburne. Being only my third trip to NYC I was expecting the usual tiny room that was expensive and an uninvolved staff. Affinia is one of the best hotels I've stayed at before. Very friendly staff and the rooms are spacious and well designed. I felt relaxed and every staff member I interacted with had a good attitude and was willing to help me with whatever questions I had or services. I would try out other Affinia locations after staying here just for the quality and comfort with good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Miss Jessica W,

Thank you for your kind response. Thank you for choosing to stay at an Affinia hotel and, as you stated, I hope that you will return to either the Shelburne or one of the hotels within the Affinia family. Our hotel is known for our attention to personalized service. We pride ourselves on the fact that our rooms and suites are comparatively larger than most New York City hotel rooms. With our spacious beds and extensive pillow menu, Affinia Shelburne provides a comfortable environment and good night’s sleep. On your next visit please be sure to attend our complimentary Wine Hour, which occurs between 5pm – 6pm, 7 days per week.

I look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to New York!

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed 5 nights at the Affinia Shelbrune, it was a great experience. The rooms are a size over the average sizes of rooms in New York.

The location can not be better.

Service outstanding. An excellent option if you plan to stay in New York City.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Licey7,

Thank you for your kind response. I am thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great experience at Affinia Shelburne. As you indicated, our hotel is known for our attention to customized customer service. We pride ourselves on the fact that our rooms and suites are comparatively larger than most New York City hotel rooms. With our spacious beds and extensive pillow menu, Affinia Shelburne provides a comfortable environment and good night’s sleep.

I hope to see you again on your next visit to NYC!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Excellent hotel with a great staff. Housekeeping was attentive while respecting our privacy. The Affinia has a great location with great restaurants and attractions nearby. Its like coming home to NYC

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dallas S
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Dallas S,

Thank you for your kind review. I love the fact that you felt at ‘home.’ That is what I love to hear. We pride ourselves on customized customer service and I am happy that you had a positive experience with our staff, especially with our Housekeeping Attendants. We are in a residential area but within walking distance of many great NYC attractions. I am thrilled that your visit was a positive one and look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to New York!