When I arrived at the hotel I could hardly see the front door because it was obscured by the scaffolding attached to the building next door.
I was dismayed to see that the lobby area was dark and very outdated.
The lifts were slow and could use a refurbishment. The corridors leading to the rooms were also in need of a refurbishment.
The room was excellent. It was very clean. We had a deluxe suite with a kitchenette which was very spacious for the two of us.
The bed was fantastic. It was king size and the most comfortable I have slept on.
We were in a quiet part of the hotel - no view but we were not in the room that much.
The only downside of the room was the noisy air conditioner.
We went to the roof top bar which was lovely and we had no problem with the fellow at the door. He was very nice to us.
The location of the hotel is terrific. It is close to many attractions. We could walk to lots of places and it was handy having Grand central nearby with the many different lines.
There is a wine hour but we only went to that once as we were out.
Staff are not super friendly, but efficient as there were lots of people when we were there.
I would definately stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York