Our room was the most spacious we've had in NYC, with a really comfortable bed & a choice of 5 types of pillows. All members of staff we came in contact with were polite and helpful. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard. We had a fridge and a coffee / tea machine.
We chose this hotel for the value for money and we weren't disappointed and the close proximity to Grand Central as were going to Flushing Meadow every day. And the fact that you can use the pool and jacuzzi at the sister hotel - we didn't get around to that though!
The hotel room was very quiet and there was no disturbance or noise from any rooms. There is also a rooftop bar which gives you a great view of the Empire State Building.
We had breakfast at either Scotty's Diner, which was great value for money and just a block & a half away (uptown), or the slightly more upmarket Blooms, which was 2 blocks away.(also uptown) There's a great deli the Old Bridge - 3 blocks uptown for any sandwiches or DIY salads or also do breakfast there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York