I stayed at the Shelburne for the ING NYC Marathon week and definiteky was a good choice. I had to stay a week, and I wanted an hotel with a kitchen in the rooms, so this was my choice. The room is definitely big, with a nice living room and a big room with two queen size beds. The bed was definitely confortable and I slept very well on it. The bathroom wasn't so big but comfortable, the shower worked very well and never ran out of warm water. The furniture was not so new but absolutely decent for the prize, the moquette on the floor was ok, I had a TV in each room (but I didn't watch it, so I can't tell if there was Pay TV or anything else). I also had an ironing board and an iron, very useful for I love to personally iron my shirt on some details before putting them on and the laundries at the hotels don't do it as well as I like usually, so I appreciated the find. The kitchen was not very big but not bad, with both electric and microwave ovens, a large fridge and comfortanele cooking fires. You also get dishes, cutlery and some pans and pots. Bring a good kitchen knife if you need it, the one they provide was not a sharp one.
They use to clean the room once a day. They always changed all the towels and i noticed they changed the sheets at least twice in a week, maybe more. The maid at my floor was very kind and whenever she accidentally found me inside the room (I often forgot the "do not disturb" sign) she always asked me at what hour she wouldn't disturb us.
The location is very convenient if you intend to use the subway: you're very close to Grand Central and all the lines are easily accessible from there. If you plan to use a taxi instead you'll better take a good planning of your week before deciding Murray Hill is the best place to stay. Anyway it's pretty close to Times Square, The Madison Square Garden, the Public Library and the Empire State Building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York