This was our 4th trip to NYC and we've stayed at different hotels every time. We always look for bargains and this is our best find to date. We got the room for a steal at $139.00/night with Travelzoo. While the photos on the Web site were very nice, I was worried that it was too good to be true. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel lobby is very chic, check-in was a breeze and our room was big, beautiful, very modern-looking with a flatscreen TV and marble bathroom. I particularly liked the location, very close to Grand Central Station, many restaurants around (including Scotty's a block away which serves a great breakfast) and near a residential area which allows you to be around New Yorkers rather than just tourists.
Our only drawback was that our room wasn't cleaned one day. I called the front desk and clean towels and glasses were promptly delivered to our room. There is no ice machine on the floors but if you call the front desk, they will deliver it very promptly to your room.
I would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York