Have just spent a week in an appartment at the Affinia Shelburne. Went for appartment over room, as I hate small hotel rooms with nowhere to sit (apart from the bed). I dont think that would have been a problem at the Shelburne as the bedroom was massive! Also, the bed was enormous.
I emailed in advance after booking the trip, to ask for a room with a nice view, as the trip was to celebrate my partner's 40th birthday and I thought it couldnt hurt to ask. We were given the most amazing view of the Empire State Building to wake up to every morning. Thank you, Affinia!
The location of the hotel is just perfect. Few blocks/5 min walk to Grand Central and all the subway lines there. We tried out a bar one block down called the Junction, which is Irish-run and has free wifi, and good beer on draft. We ate at a Chinese restaurant across the road, and the food was great.
Staff at the hotel were very good and friendly, especially the lady concierge who kindly checked us in to our flights online, and printed off our boarding passes, and told us how to get to Newark airport via Penn Station on the train.
Both lifts are all working fine now, and one tip if there is a queue at the lifts is that there is actually a 3rd lift, which no-one seems to know about or use, it was always empty!
We would definitely stay at the Affinia Shelbourne again, you just can't beat the location and size of the rooms and standards of the hotel for the value of the price that we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York